Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would win, ori (no prior) or the jaffa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would win, ori (no prior) or the jaffa?

Im just interested to see what you think (if theirs another thread please tell me)

I think the jaffa would because they have more tactics and experience whilst the ori soldiers are basically peasants who have had armour strapped to them and told to shoot stuff in the name of their god
    Perhaps Puff

The Jaffa are also stronger and heal quicker.

Comment

I would have to say the Jaffa... why? They are stronger and have years of experience fighting each other during the Goa'uld's reign so have combat experience as well plus their warrior culture.

Mind you, the soldiers of the Ori had proven themselves quite capable and managed to adapt well to their new role as crusaders. An example can be seen in "Line in the Sand" where they demonstrate tactics by engaging in flanking manevuers etc etc.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

JAffa, definately, the ori are probably in greater number, but the jaffa have more experience and probably aren't in dissaray after realising everything they beleived in was false.
        Best quotes ever:
        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
        Thor:I like the yellow ones
        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

jaffa would most certainly win, as was stated above, they have thusands of years of combat experience, battle is part of their very being, while the ori are peasants with armor. sure, they may have some training in combat, but hasty training is nothing compared to a culture that vaules battle like the jaffa.

Comment

Originally posted by nich959 View Post
            Im just interested to see what you think (if theirs another thread please tell me)

I think the jaffa would because they have more tactics and experience whilst the ori soldiers are basically peasants who have had armour strapped to them and told to shoot stuff in the name of their god
            Fanaticism can be a very helpfull tool... for example, who would think radical Islamic shopkeeps could go head-to-head with the United States military and still be fighting to this day?
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              Fanaticism can be a very helpfull tool... for example, who would think radical Islamic shopkeeps could go head-to-head with the United States military and still be fighting to this day?
              thats a different type of warfare. islamic fighters use guerilla tactics to wear dwn the US military. as was seen on the show, the ori and jaffa prefer straight up fighting between armies. i don't really think that the ori soldiers are smart enough for guerilla war.

Comment

If they go purely hand to hand, primarily ground combat, limited tech, I go with the Jaffa.

Otherwise, it is all Ori, overwhelming tech superiority.

Ori have no qualms about destroying entire populations of a planet. US army, unless it is willing to nuke places...does not have the luxury.

Can't do guerrila tactics if you are dead, along with the whole world.

Ori had the best ships in SG universe (until the upgraded Odyssey) and they may have the best fighters.

Even without the Priors, the armies of the Ori would easily win.

No other enemy (biological enemy) in the SG universe has ***** slapped so many around like the Ori. Annubis comes semi close.

Comment

i think this is mainly about ground battles, not ship battles. if ships were in play then the ori would win, no doubt. in a ground battle things are different.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                    Ori have no qualms about destroying entire populations of a planet. US army, unless it is willing to nuke places...does not have the luxury.

Can't do guerrila tactics if you are dead, along with the whole world.
                    This is the same line of thought that I kept coming back to. If guerillas are staging attacks from a forest, destroy the forest. If they move to a village, destroy the village.

The Ori Warriors showed no qualms about destroying villages in order to achieve their objectives. The Jaffa probably wouldn't if it meant killing Jaffa, but, as we've seen, they don't really mind sacrificing a few (hundred, thousand?) humans to get the job done ("Counterstrike").

Comment

Jaffa, theyve been selectively bred, genetically enhanced, some with symbiots, grown up in a world of war for generations, and with decades to beyond a hundred years to reach their peak of fighting abilities. The Ori soldiers just have weapons and 2 years of combat training max, their weapons do the same thing so i dont see how the ori would win unless they get ship help or prior help.
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                        Jaffa, theyve been selectively bred, genetically enhanced, some with symbiots, grown up in a world of war for generations, and with decades to beyond a hundred years to reach their peak of fighting abilities. The Ori soldiers just have weapons and 2 years of combat training max, their weapons do the same thing so i dont see how the ori would win unless they get ship help or prior help.
                        thats what i've been saying! thanks for the support.

Comment

It's definetly got to be jaffa. The Jaffa have been bread as warriors to fight for there gods and have done for all there lives. The ori warriors are farmers that have had about a week of training and had armour straped to them and been handed a gun.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

I've seen Ori soldiers use good tactics for peasants armed with energy pikes.
                            Flanking, taking cover...
                            But the Goa'uld have the best troops, better equipment between both (stun grenades ftw), heavy staff cannons, tak sentries and a whole panoply of deployables shields if needed.

Plus the zats are really a fine piece of tech, better than the Ori wrist guns.
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

the jaffa are better all around, and while the ori may use flanking and taking cover moves, thats just basic instinct, to find cover when you getting yur ass handed to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X