Ark of Truth gets Sky One Airdate (UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ark of Truth gets Sky One Airdate (UK)

According to their online programme schedule, Sky One is showing the Ark of Truth at 8pm on Wednesday 26th March.

They seem to have it listed as a repeat (an (R) next to it), but I can't find it any earlier than that yet...

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
    According to their online programme schedule, Sky One is showing the Ark of Truth at 8pm on Wednesday 26th March.

They seem to have it listed as a repeat (an (R) next to it), but I can't find it any earlier than that yet...
    Interesting that MGM would let them air it before it goes on sale in the UK.

But awesome non the less
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Woo Hoo !
      I've preordered the DVD,but this is good news.

(Unless Sky One shift it nearer the time,but here's hoping that won't happen .)

TY Naonak .
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

If only the Sky One paid at least 200k -1 million $, than they will get their budget (~ 6-7 million $) back easily, so we can hope that MGM will make more DVD movies.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post

i am soooooooooo gonna watch it!!
          sigpic
          [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Weird. I'm surprised they've done this, but then again I suppose this way that can sell the right to air it and get it some exposure before it is released, hopefully they'll make more cash this way.

Comment

Probably. They showed BSG Razor on Sky One before the UK DVD release.

Comment

Guess it's a trip up to the sister-in-law's and beg on bended knees to have the use of her Sky satellite for the evening.....

Deeds xx *still @ Virgin Media*
                sigpic
                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

*Sends chocs to Deeds*
                  Hope you get a "Yes,come on over" .
                  My Brother In Law is planning to visit us that evening so he can watch as NTL won't be showing it either,and he isn't a happy bunny !

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
                    *Sends chocs to Deeds*
                    Hope you get a "Yes,come on over" .
                    My Brother In Law is planning to visit us that evening so he can watch as NTL won't be showing it either,and he isn't a happy bunny !
                    lol all the families around the uk are getting together for a special premier of aot lol woooo!! more people viewing the better
                    sigpic
                    [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Yep !
                      We used to part-ay all the way on Season Premiere nights ,so it's going to be great fun for AOT and Continuum too ,I hope !

Hopefully there'll be strong viewing figures and maybe new fans after the showing too .

Comment

Wont airing it on TV before it releases on DVD stop people from buying the DVD if they dont like it ? This is no different then downloading before buying & then deciding not to buy. But I guess the bright side of this is if MGM sells the right to air it enough like someone said they should get their budget back if the price the TV airing rights good & we will be assured to get more movies

Comment

I'm wondering if they'll air an edited version ,like they (and Skiffy) did with BSG Razor ?
                          That way to get the full works,one has to buy the DVD .
                          I suppose if viewers don't want to shell out for the dvd they won't .I'm just hoping for a good set of ratings...and the hope of more movies.

One thing I'm sure of : Sky One will be stuffing as many ads in as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                            Wont airing it on TV before it releases on DVD stop people from buying the DVD if they dont like it?
                            If people don't like it they shouldn't have to buy it. Ad-supported versions like this (both on TV and on the internet) allow people to vet programs before the dish out significant amounts of money to purchase them. The studio gets paid, and people don't have to pay for something they don't like. Winwin.

Comment

So:

US release of Ark of Truth DVD: March 11th.

Sky UK broadcast date: March 26th.

UK release of Ark of Truth DVD: April 14th.

By having a delayed release here, MGM UK have ensured fans are better off either buying from the US or just watching the movie on Sky. I am astounded by their consistent ability to sabotage their own products. I have the US dvd preordered but I am watching to see if there is any difference in extras between the two regions. UK details have not yet been released as far as I know and while I would hope all regions get the same extras, MGM have been lousy about that in the past.

If anyone finds out what is on the dvds in different regions or sees details of any promotional items, please let us all know. It may be that we all end up buying from Australia!

findo

Comment

Working...
                              X