Wraith organic Hull regeneration or shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith organic Hull regeneration or shield

In "BAMSR"" During the battle with the Asuran,When an Asuran ship explode and damge a hive
    Inside
    WRAITH TECHNICIAN: Power down in interior section.

WRAITH: Transferring power from non-critical systems to hull regeneration.
    During a starship battle,there are two main priorities for engineers(internal operation management or people like "Scotty" )

provide power for
    the ship's ability to fire (offensive ability)
    and
    the ship's ability to withstand the enemy fire(defensive like maintaining the hull interegity with things like shield)

The captain or engineer must balance the need between dividing the available power between the two competing power consumption.

But the Wraith divert power to the hull regeneration.Many people suspect the Wraith doesn't have shield technologies.But i have a theory ,the Wraith 's organic technologies make hull regeneration more important than shields.

Remember most of the Wraith technologies were develop during the war with the Ancient

It make sense , when the Wraith were battleing the Ancient.Ancient 's main weapon were the drone, it can pass through almost any shield.
    So the Wraith turn their attention to strengthening and maintaining the hull interegity, instant hull regeneration .

Remember Jack use a puddle jumper to destory a Goa'uld mother ship with only firing one shoot, because the drone can pass most shield and breach the the hull and the computer target the most critical area.

we saw how strong the hive 's hull were in "No man's land"
    The Daedulas manage to hit the hive ship with one nuclear warhead.The warhead successfully detonate ,but the Hive ship still function in one piece.

I believe organic ship using hull regeneration is more suitable than using shield.

And we alredy saw Wraith 's energy field technologies
    A Wraith Dart 's canopy appears to be a type of energy field , it appear and disappear(open or close) in less than one second.

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
    In "BAMSR"" During the battle with the Asuran,When an Asuran ship explode and damge a hive
    Inside

During a starship battle,there are two main priorities for engineers(internal operation management or people like "Scotty" )

provide power for
    and
    the ship's ability to withstand the enemy fire(defensive like maintaining the hull interegity with things like shield)

The captain or engineer must balance the need between dividing the available power between the two competing power consumption.

But the Wraith divert power to the hull regeneration.Many people suspect the Wraith doesn't have shield technologies.But i have a theory ,the Wraith 's organic technologies make hull regeneration more important than shields.

Remember most of the Wraith technologies were develop during the war with the Ancient

It make sense , when the Wraith were battleing the Ancient.Ancient 's main weapon were the drone, it can pass through almost any shield.
    So the Wraith turn their attention to strengthening and maintaining the hull interegity, instant hull regeneration .

Remember Jack use a puddle jumper to destory a Goa'uld mother ship with only firing one shoot, because the drone can pass most shield and breach the the hull and the computer target the most critical area.

The Daedulas manage to hit the hive ship with one nuclear warhead.The warhead successfully detonate ,but the Hive ship still function in one piece.

I believe organic ship using hull regeneration is more suitable than using shield.

A Wraith Dart 's canopy appears to be a type of energy field , it appear and disappear(open or close) in less than one second.
    Nope they have NO shields. We've seen rail guns and missiles hit them directly without hitting shields too.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

It's regen, in one of the eps two hives had to stop to recover from hyperspace radiation.
      Zero Point Energy by 0 Kelvin: Just go to Wikipedia, type in Absolute 0, hit enter. It'll save a little bit of my time and effort.

better to be wrong and alive than right and dead

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Nope they have NO shields. We've seen rail guns and missiles hit them directly without hitting shields too.
        I am saying they use Hull regeneration, because it is more effective ,and they have energy field technologies like Wraith's Dart's canopy.
        and your statement doesn't contradict my theory.they don't use shield because Hull regeneration is more effective .
        Last edited by ckwongau; 24 February 2008, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Well of course they have the capacity to build energy shields. I don't think that's what is being disputed. What has been established though is that while the Wraith can build shield generators for their ships they don't.
          You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Wraith are advanced enough to make shields. Assuming organic ships can have shields:

Matter of power requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
              Inside

provide power for
              and

Downside is that they cannot spend long periods in hyperspace, as the organic parts will become damaged due to the radiation.

It would be nice to strike a balance, for the long run I don't think Earth will adopt organic ships.

Have they thought of spreading a virus on the hive that affects the hive? Its organic so it should be susceptible.

Comment

Wraith have shields. They have demonstrated at least 4 or 5 different forms of shielding since season 1.
                It's painfully obvious since the beginning that with drones, you're better (and it's cheaper) slapping stronger armour on your ships than trying to find the top of top in shield tech.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

surely now fighting earth both would be the best choice

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

It might take too much power to shield somethign 11km long...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                      Wraith have shields. They have demonstrated at least 4 or 5 different forms of shielding since season 1.
                      It's painfully obvious since the beginning that with drones, you're better (and it's cheaper) slapping stronger armour on your ships than trying to find the top of top in shield tech.
                      I so agree. Let me use a comic book analogy.

It is the difference between having a ship that is built like Wolverine-yeah sure you can shoot him up all day but he still regenerates all his wounds. Or having a ship built like the Invisible Woman-yeah she has an extremely strong force field, but find a way to penetrate that shield and she is as weak as everyone else.

Who would you rather have a ship based on? Wolverine or Invisible Woman.
                      sigpic

Comment

Perhaps Wraith don't use shields too much because in the past they really didn't NEED big shields for culling villages. I don't think need shields if you're going to flying around and your opponent's best defense is a three barreled assault rifle. They, like their Ancient creators seem arrogant and slow to adapt.

Joe
                        Zero Point Energy by 0 Kelvin: Just go to Wikipedia, type in Absolute 0, hit enter. It'll save a little bit of my time and effort.

better to be wrong and alive than right and dead

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient122 View Post
                          Perhaps Wraith don't use shields too much because in the past they really didn't NEED big shields for culling villages. I don't think need shields if you're going to flying around and your opponent's best defense is a three barreled assault rifle. They, like their Ancient creators seem arrogant and slow to adapt.

Joe
                          But they fought the Ancients with the same shieldless ships that they use for culling helpless farmers. So obviously their ships work for all occasions. If they had been getting their butts kicked in their war with the Ancients I would be more inclined to agree.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay View Post
                            But they fought the Ancients with the same shieldless ships that they use for culling helpless farmers. So obviously their ships work for all occasions. If they had been getting their butts kicked in their war with the Ancients I would be more inclined to agree.
                            That is is partly true
                            Ancient use Drone weapon, it can pass almost any shield.So The Wraith concentrated on hull regeneration ,they did n't waste any time or energy on shield, and build a stronger hull.But enough drone can still destory it , Organic ship with strong hull and hull regeneration gave them a limited defence against the drone.

A weaker hull ship like a Goul'd mother ship can be destory by one puddle jumper (Remember Jack fire one shoot using that time puddle jumper)

Remember the Wraith won the war because they were superior in number, because of their cloning facilities.But to fight the ancinet in space they need more ship.
                            They got more worker ,building Organic ship which is faster to build and has some limited defense agains the drone.

That 's how they won the war with the Ancient.

Comment

No Wraith ships have shields. We don't know why. Anyways the hives seems to have some kinda of energy going through there hull that dispates the enemy energy weapons a little.

And likely for years the Ancients were wooping up on the Wraith badly. Until they likely set an ambush of every hive they had for an Aurora and got a ZPM then did it again in a relatively short time til they could clone more soldiers and ships (I believe).

Comment

Working...
                              X