Michael's Monsters from Vengeance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael's Monsters from Vengeance

Did anyone miss them? Don't get me wrong, I found the Athosian drones to be quite a shock, but after recently rewatching Vengeance to prepare for the Kindred, I realized how freaking awesome the Iratus Mutants were. Weren't they already a supersoldier, how could Michael improve on them? And what, he just got rid of the thousands of monsters he had stashed across the Pegasus Galaxy?

And besides, they're based off the Iratus Bug! Who doesn't love Sheppard's "I HATE those things!" response to the bugs?
    Rush rocks.

Ya i don't know what happened with them. Maybe they are on the Hive Ship that is in Michael's control. He did say they were crude but especially with there hard shell they may seem more resilient to firearms then the human/wraith hybrids.

Did he destroy them?

If i were him i would not destroy the thousands of Bug helpers since it took him along time to create them.

Also i think it was those Bug creatures that helped him capture the Athosians. He could not do it by himself. He should have kept the Bugs with his human/wraith hybrids. Maybe we will see them again. And i want an answer to what he did with his Bug creatures.

Comment

In theory they could've been very cool...but not so on the TV budget, I'm afraid.

I'm glad they're gone.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        In theory they could've been very cool...but not so on the TV budget, I'm afraid.

I'm glad they're gone.
        Really? I thought they worked brilliantly in Vengeance. The camera angles, the sudden attacks, and overall creepy aspect of the monsters made Vengeance a favorite of mine. The monsters were actually part of what I was looking forward to the most in the Kindred. Sadly, they never showed.
        Rush rocks.

Comment

Plus they were stupid. They are good for ground battles, but clearly, this war against both us and the Wraith will be won in space.

And he may still have them...release them upon us like dogs...who knows?

Comment

Personally, I hope they arent gone and return sometime in the future. They could serve as Michaels shock troopers, the warrior caste for his Wraith faction while he tinkers and creates new castes for his forces to serve him. I mean sure they wouldnt be able to blend in enemy populations and might require to feed like a Wraith and may even be crude but their appearance would make them a fearsome force to see on combat missions.

I mean he said he had dozens of facilities breeding the creatures and quite a few escaped in Vengeance so I hope they return!

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I am sure some of them are still around,but they may be be use as Michael's footsoldier, or pet for killing prisoner.
              The new hybrid will be the middle managment,The giant bug will be soldier.
              Michael is planning on donmanting the Pegasus Galaxy , he need different kind of soldier.Michael hasn't decide what his empire will be like yet.
              The human hybrid will serve as captain and general, the Bug hybrid will use as occupying force.

Comment

Michael's monsters or Uberatus uber (super) ratus (Irratusas) as I like to refer to them, are strong, fast, ruthless, hard to kill but they have a few weaknesses. They do not have proper hands meaning they can't have weapons or fly darts. They also seem to lack the ability for thinking.

Don't get me wrong I like them. They are supersoldiers that could tear Wraith limb from limb but Michael will have a hard time using them against the Wraith in space or air battles. Michael would also have to command them in person.
                Hopefully Micahel's new race has the Uberratus as well as the Athosian drones. The Uberratus will serve as foot soldiers while the Athosian drones will command them and pilot vessels and use weapons in Michael's campaign for war.
                Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

They were just a stepping stone to Michael's ultimate goal. He was aiming for a human-wraith hybrid, so he decided to experiment with the potential of a wraith-iratus hybrid. Clearly, the results were a little too volatile for mass production, so i'm thinking he just resigned to sticking with his human-wraith hybrid experiments.

Or, perhaps he's engineered an entire army of the buggers, ready to act as infantry against the Wraith once his little crusade gets going. Those things would probably eat Drones for breakfast.
                  Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                  Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                  Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                  - Serenity

Comment

Like I said before, they were trash. Michael said so himself, now he has Version 2.0.

Millions of brainless tards are not going to win him the galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                      Plus they were stupid. They are good for ground battles, but clearly, this war against both us and the Wraith will be won in space.

And he may still have them...release them upon us like dogs...who knows?
                      I agree. The Bugs were for ground fights only. They might not even have been too good for in-bunker fighting. It's better like it's now. Humanoid fighters with Wraithy powers. He's clearly done some thinking after Vengeance, about why his plan failed.

And you never know if he keeps those bugs stashed in ground facilities. Although I wonder how he'd feed them, or what he feeds them.

And they must have been hard to potty train, too.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

The Athosian drones definiately were more resilient (one took a Ronon-gun to the arm and a few shots to the chest before dying), but they were way more vulnerable than the Iratus monsters. I agree, Michael can't exactly use the Monsters to pilot his cruiser or anything like that, but I definitely want to see the Iratus Monsters return.
                        Rush rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post

Millions of brainless tards are not going to win him the galaxy.
                          I lol'ed

Comment

Any idea how many Athosians there were?

So we'll have an idea of the size of Michael's army?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                              I am sure some of them are still around,but they may be be use as Michael's footsoldier, or pet for killing prisoner.
                              Please, can we see a giant Rancor-sized version living under a trapdoor in Michael's throne room?

Comment

Working...
                              X