PDA

View Full Version : In Season 5, does Earth even have to worry?

Ripple in Space
February 23rd, 2008, 11:08 AM
Earth has two (soon to be 4?) of the most powerful warships in the Universe, and the #1 MOST powerful active Warship (Odyssey).

Earth has the Antarctic Defense Platform, and access to a new stockpile of drones ("the Tower"), along with the fact that McKay can power drone weapons with Mk. 2 Naq Generators.

Earth currently has Merlin's Phase-Shifting Technology, that can be modified to phase shift the entire planet. They also have the means to power it with their ZPM(s) and Asgard Power Core(s) ("Road Not Traveled").

One of SG-1's members is on the Council that controls one of the Universe's largest fleets.

Worst case scenario: Daniel ascends and destroys whatever the Wraith can throw at Earth.

or

Jack gets his head sucked and builds a Wraith killing beam that destroys all Wraith in proximity of Earth.

or

Sam builds another time machine.

or

Jack uses their existing PJ time machine.

or

Rodney makes himself into an Ancient again.

or

You beam Ronon and Teal'c onto the Wraith Capital ship.

Quinn Mallory
February 23rd, 2008, 11:18 AM
Well, the wraith beat the Ancient by their overwhelming number. Many of the thing that you listed above are only good as a temporary solutions and a prolonged fight with the wraith will have devestating consequences. Particularly, the wraith can really build up their number and strength by feasting on the rest of the Milky Way galaxy.

Personally, I don't really hope to see the Earth being threatened in S5 of SGA in any bigger way than Midway. I think that would be more of another SG-1 movie territory.

Jeffala
February 23rd, 2008, 04:38 PM
If the Wraith came to the Milky Way en masse, Earth may not be in danger, but what about the billions of other people in MW?

Also, can Daniel ascend at will? Wouldn't The Others act to stop him from affecting the lower planes with his expanded abilities (even though he would be cleaning up yet another of their messes)?

TOIVA
February 23rd, 2008, 04:57 PM
Earth has two (soon to be 4?) of the most powerful warships in the Universe, and the #1 MOST powerful active Warship (Odyssey).
That's not so many, isn't it? (in comparison with dozens of very good enemy ships);)
BTW: Now, we've got 3 nearly equally equipped ships.

Earth currently has Merlin's Phase-Shifting Technology, that can be modified to phase shift the entire planet. They also have the means to power it with their ZPM(s) and Asgard Power Core(s) ("Road Not Traveled").
Well, this Merlin's technology was modified in an alternate universe, it's not sure we've already developped it in our universe. And as I know, there is only one ZPM on Earth (Antarctica platform), and another one on Odyssey and I doubt we are able to produce the Asgard cores yet.

One of SG-1's members is on the Council that controls one of the Universe's largest fleets.
Do you mean Teal'c? Well, the Jaffa are not really reliable, even with Teal'c lobbying for the Tau'ri. And their fleet? Old, surpassed and not organised enough. Now, with the Ori in MW, these days are not good for the Free Jaffa Nation.;):S

Worst case scenario: Daniel ascends and destroys whatever the Wraith can throw at Earth.

or

Jack gets his head sucked and builds a Wraith killing beam that destroys all Wraith in proximity of Earth.

or

or

or

or

Don't be so pesimist! (or optimist??!:):):))

reddevil18
February 24th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Now, with the Ori in MW, these days are not good for the Free Jaffa Nation.;):SLet's just say that the Ori ships would be a good thing if the Wraith came to the MW...

thekillman
February 24th, 2008, 10:13 AM
ori will be dead.

he meant jack oneil. and hammond ofcourse. so thats 2 pro-sg1/atlantis guys[and very experienced]. the oddy is THE ship in existance. see those *******s run!.

i hope S5 will feature the oddy, deady, apollo and phoenix[if earth] togheter kicking wrath butt. with the travvelers ofcourse

reddevil18
February 24th, 2008, 10:15 AM
ori will be dead.
Yes, but not their ships. The Ori army would be Earth's most powerful ally in the event of a Wraith attack. That is, if the writers actually want to keep up continuity and not have them completely disappear after having promised to set things right...

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 24th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Yes, but not their ships. The Ori army would be Earth's most powerful ally in the event of a Wraith attack. That is, if the writers actually want to keep up continuity and not have them completely disappear after having promised to set things right...

but if they took the ori to help them it not only smush sg1 and sga together it would be no fun because the ori would crush the wraith with ease

reddevil18
February 24th, 2008, 10:25 AM
but if they took the ori to help them it not only smush sg1 and sga together it would be no fun because the ori would crush the wraith with ease
Yeah, but I'd rather have that than simply ignoring the fact that, yes, Earth CANNOT fall to the Wraith, because of our technology and our allies.
Which is why I think the Wraith simply shouldn't get to Earth. Shift the focus on Todd and Michael and their fight for control of the Pegasus Galaxy, not Earth. Keep the action in Pegasus...Crossovers are welcome, but I'd rather have them be like Daniel, coming to Atlantis, than Midway, with Earth in danger.

Mitchell82
February 24th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Earth has three, Deadalus, Apollo and the Odyssey. But

Huge deus ex machina there. Besides the "others" would stop him.

Been done before and while I loved Lost City and New Order I think that would be a bad idea.

How the hell would she build one? As far as I know there is no way she would even know how.

The government would never allow it.

He nearly died last time.

That woul be sweet but stopping one ship? Wouldn't help at all not to mention even those two couldn't kill that many Wraith.

Heaven
February 24th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Earth never has to worry, it's not like the writers are ever going to let the secret of the stargate program out
they don't have the guts for it

Mitchell82
February 24th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Earth never has to worry, it's not like the writers are ever going to let the secret of the stargate program out
they don't have the guts for it

It's not about guts. Revealing the program would wreck the show.

reddevil18
February 24th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Huge ex deux machina there. Besides the "others" would stop him.Deus ex machina...

Heaven
February 24th, 2008, 11:24 AM
no it won't
it might make it interesting for the first time in years

I'm just not sure the writers are capable of pulling it off

Mitchell82
February 24th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Deus ex machina...

Thanks I couldn't remember the proper phrase.

Mitchell82
February 24th, 2008, 11:30 AM
no it won't

I disagree. First the show is interesting IMO and revealing the program no matter the circumstance would throw the world into chaos.

Ripple in Space
February 24th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Was the OP being serious?

SG13-NightOps
February 25th, 2008, 12:38 AM
no it won't

That is implying it is "uninteresting" and has been for years.

I agree with Mitchell- I really don't care to have to sit around on earth for a season dealing with the fall out from that anyway. Far more interesting story lines to be done - not redone (2010 - The Road Not Taken).

Heaven
February 25th, 2008, 03:34 AM
That is implying it is "uninteresting" and has been for years.

precisely.

the stargate universe has run out of things to explore
we're going season after season with no new concepts, no new technologies, no new mythologies, and no new ideas.
it's getting repetitive and dull

AutumnDream
February 25th, 2008, 03:43 AM
There is never anything to worry about in the Stargate franchise. The only time something very bad happens to anything or anyone is when there is a behind-the-scenes cast problem.

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 25th, 2008, 07:13 AM
precisely.

we're going season after season with no new concepts, no new technologies, no new mythologies, and no new ideas.

its not that bad. The traverlers for an example were a new idea they are wicked!!

Detox
February 25th, 2008, 02:17 PM
precisely.

Maybe for you, the rest the of us tend to think in the opposite terms.

Jor El
March 4th, 2008, 05:47 PM
precisely.

Hey Heaven gettin dull huh.
I wonder what Stargate Universe (The Third Series) will be about.
Heres the link about third series.
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/03/third_series_is_istargate_univer.shtml

Jor El

s09119
March 4th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Maybe for you, the rest the of us tend to think in the opposite terms.

Actually, a fair number of people like the Travelers.

Mitchell82
March 5th, 2008, 11:12 AM
precisely.

Not from my perspective.

Heaven
March 5th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Not from my perspective.
well from my perspective, and many other fans who've been watching this show regularly for a long time, it is.
and the facts you can't deny, they haven't introduced any new concepts for years.

Hey Heaven gettin dull huh.
I wonder what Stargate Universe (The Third Series) will be about.

yep, gotta wonder :)

Jumper_One
March 5th, 2008, 12:11 PM
well from my perspective,

ok so it's your opinion

and many other fans who've been watching this show regularly for a long time, it is.

you speak for every fan?

and the facts you can't deny,

what facts?

they haven't introduced any new concepts for years.

once again that's your opinion, not a fact

jenks
March 5th, 2008, 12:55 PM
well from my perspective, and many other fans who've been watching this show regularly for a long time, it is.
and the facts you can't deny, they haven't introduced any new concepts for years.

What do you mean by 'concept'? How about a race that live in ships? Or machines trying to ascend?

Heaven
March 5th, 2008, 01:25 PM
ok so it's your opinion

of course it is, any perceived characteristic is a matter of opinion

you speak for every fan?

of course not, that should have been inferred by my use of the phrase "many other"

what facts?
why ask if you already know the answer

once again that's your opinion, not a fact
well then, enlighten me. what new concepts have they introduced recently?

What do you mean by 'concept'? How about a race that live in ships? Or machines trying to ascend?
the wraith live in ships..
and the replicators have been trying to emulate humans from the start it's nothing new

jenks
March 5th, 2008, 01:41 PM
the wraith live in ships..
and the replicators have been trying to emulate humans from the start it's nothing new

That's not the same thing and you know it.

Heaven
March 5th, 2008, 01:45 PM
That's not the same thing and you know it.
of course it is, already forgotten Reckoning? when Daniel told Replicarter she could never understand ascension because she's a machine

Jumper_One
March 5th, 2008, 02:37 PM
of course it is, any perceived characteristic is a matter of opinion

indeed it is

of course not, that should have been inferred by my use of the phrase "many other"

oh so you speak for many fans? because you know from my perspective and many other fans who've been watching this show regularly for a long time they haven't run out of ideas and things to explore ;)

why ask if you already know the answer

to emphasize that what you claim as facts is actually just your opinion

well then, enlighten me. what new concepts have they introduced recently?

nah you're the one saying there are no new concepts. why don't you go ahead and prove your point

Gaeth
March 5th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I hope we don't see anything of Earth next season.

http://a58.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/13/l_2ba576d25a1bb6d0ebbe2a4b2fa74399.jpg

FN-P90
March 5th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I hope we don't see anything of Earth next season.

http://a58.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/13/l_2ba576d25a1bb6d0ebbe2a4b2fa74399.jpg

I agree, they need to foucus more on the PG not earth.

jelgate
March 5th, 2008, 03:15 PM

:lol: I have never seen a pic that has made me laugh so much.

Mitchell82
March 5th, 2008, 06:49 PM

yep, gotta wonder :)
No offense but you can't speak for anyone but yourself. TO do otherwise is nothing but pure speculation. In your eyes it's no longer the show you loved in mine it is. I may know a some people that have the same view but I can't accurately say "many,most,few etc....."

jenks
March 6th, 2008, 02:26 AM
of course it is, already forgotten Reckoning? when Daniel told Replicarter she could never understand ascension because she's a machine

No he never, he said what she's looking for is knowledge on a level she'll never understand. Either way, what has that got to do with replicators trying to ascend?

Heaven
March 6th, 2008, 06:19 AM
No offense but you can't speak for anyone but yourself. TO do otherwise is nothing but pure speculation. In your eyes it's no longer the show you loved in mine it is. I may know a some people that have the same view but I can't accurately say "many,most,few etc....."
I really don't get what you're trying to say here
I'm not generalizing you or anyone else who feels differently in my statement
all I said was I know many people who share my opinion, and it's not speculation since they expressed that sentiment
is that so hard to believe?

No he never, he said what she's looking for is knowledge on a level she'll never understand. Either way, what has that got to do with replicators trying to ascend?
if you want to break it done, we have:
replicators - not new
ascension - not new
researching ascension - not new
replicators studying/imitating humans - not new

jenks
March 6th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Replicators trying to ascend - new. End of.

Jumper_One
March 6th, 2008, 10:45 AM
all I said was I know many people who share my opinion, and it's not speculation since they expressed that sentiment

no it's not but I also know many people who share my opinion ;)

:indeed:

Heaven
March 6th, 2008, 11:32 AM
no it's not but I also know many people who share my opinion ;)

yes that's quite obvious, thank you so much for reinforcing it
now back on topic

hardly

jelgate
March 6th, 2008, 11:34 AM
yes that's quite obvious, thank you so much for reinforcing it
now back on topichardly

This thread had a topic?:P

Gaeth
March 6th, 2008, 12:11 PM

The expedition actually flying the city with the shields about to go out, having to muster a makeshift fleet of jumpers to shoot their way through and asteroid field, reactivating killer nanites in their leader's brain to save her life though it will leave her a cyborg the rest of her life, reprogramming the entire army of replicators (which themselves are not new) to attack the Wraith, encountering an alien that attacks people in their nightmares like Freddy Crugar, meeting a race of humans that spend their entire lives traveling through space as nomads, meeting a tribe of cannibals (something they should explore more), exploring the past and motives of our Wraith ally from Common Ground, actually fighting alongside the Wraith and not having their Hive ships turn on the expedition, fighting along side our new Traveler allies, forcing the replicators to all merge instead of disintegrate, showing a part of Wraith reproduction, showing part of how the Wraith beat the Ancients, McKay ruining his relationship, exploring Sheppard's family issues, the Wraith hacking and invading the Midway station and the SGC (could have been better done but it was new), and...

Michael creating and army of not only super bug people, but humans infected with Wraith DNA, Michael reaching across a vast amount of space to telepathically communicate with Teyla and make her think it was Kanaan, Michael (and possibly other Wraith) can clone and artificially age humans but can also copy all information in their brain too and put in a rapid aging failsafe, Teyla having a telepathic baby that Michael is very interested in, all Michael's creations are open to his telepathy

and whatever they do in The Last Man.

FN-P90
March 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM
This thread had a topic?:P

I dont know did it?

Mitchell82
March 6th, 2008, 11:11 PM
No it's not. Many of my recent posts have not been what I intented and for that I apologise. I've been very sick lately. The point I was trying to make is we both can say that we know many that feel our way and vicea versa, the problem arizes when one group uses that to make an argument stating that beacaus I know many with point a that means the show is at point a. THere is nothing wrong with your opinion. Just remember that not everyone shares it.

TOIVA
March 8th, 2008, 12:36 PM
I'm not sure if this thread has anymore a topic, but if it's named: "In season 5, does Earth even have to worry?", I can answer that in fact, Earth has to worry, after what we saw in The Last Man.
Phoenix, the newest amd most up-to-date earth battlecruiser, wasn't able to get rid of three hives. Well, technicaly, it was, but only by destroying itself...
So, with ten hives attacking Atlantis, for example, we would have a lot of trouble.:(

Ripple in Space
March 8th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure if this thread has anymore a topic, but if it's named: "In season 5, does Earth even have to worry?", I can answer that in fact, Earth has to worry, after what we saw in The Last Man.
Phoenix, the newest amd most up-to-date earth battlecruiser, wasn't able to get rid of three hives. Well, technicaly, it was, but only by destroying itself...
So, with ten hives attacking Atlantis, for example, we would have a lot of trouble.:(

Earth.

Also, even in the "Universe Gone Wrong" scenario, Atlantis doesn't get taken down by Michael and the Wraith.

TOIVA
March 8th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Earth.

Also, even in the "Universe Gone Wrong" scenario, Atlantis doesn't get taken down by Michael and the Wraith.

I meant, if they can take out our ships, then what other defences do we have? The Antarctica outpost? The Wraith or later Michael could attack Earth, and could win, if we wouldn't get some help.

And that Atlantis wasn't taken in the other timeline doesn't mean, it couldn't have been taken.;) Michael probably didn't find it, or maybe even didn't search for it.

Gaeth
March 8th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I meant, if they can take out our ships, then what other defences do we have? The Antarctica outpost? The Wraith or later Michael could attack Earth, and could win, if we wouldn't get some help.

And that Atlantis wasn't taken in the other timeline doesn't mean, it couldn't have been taken.;) Michael probably didn't find it, or maybe even didn't search for it.

I was wondering about that, maybe Michael found it took the info he needed and left.

I wonder why they abandoned the city to begin with. I wonder if Michael was still alive? Maybe there'll be something about that next season.

TOIVA
March 14th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I was wondering about that, maybe Michael found it took the info he needed and left.

I wonder why they abandoned the city to begin with. I wonder if Michael was still alive? Maybe there'll be something about that next season.

There are so many possibilities...
Maybe he died aboard one of the Hives Carter blew up.;) But I don't think his hybrids would represent a danger after his death, so probably, he was still alive...:S

KindlyKeller
March 16th, 2008, 01:50 AM

Exactly.

KindlyKeller
March 16th, 2008, 01:51 AM
precisely.

Except that Seasons 9 and 10 were all about new concepts, technologies, mythologies, and ideas.

kymeric
March 16th, 2008, 10:25 AM

Or they reveal it, everything goes to @#$% and then they use the ark of truth to cover it up :-p

Tekken Lord
March 16th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Even a dramatically weakened Wraith should be more than a match for the Atlantis expedition their ship and uber fanwank instant win hero beams. All it takes is the writers giving them an ounce of intelligence.

TOIVA
March 22nd, 2008, 02:46 PM
Even a dramatically weakened Wraith should be more than a match for the Atlantis expedition their ship and uber fanwank instant win hero beams. All it takes is the writers giving them an ounce of intelligence.

True, just take 10 hives, destroy our two 304 in Pegasus, and assiege Atlantis once again. That's fully in their possibilities. They just don't do it...