PDA

View Full Version : Todd....bit creepier than usual?

P-90_177
February 23rd, 2008, 05:39 AM
Did anyone else get the sense that Todd was just a little bit creepier than usual? Just a thought.

Pharaoh Atem
February 23rd, 2008, 05:41 AM
no, seemed like the aem guy to me. he was on the defense and i'm sure he was hungrey considering the wraith can't eat

melfan
February 23rd, 2008, 06:04 AM
nope, just his merry old self. :D

JSPuddlejumper
February 23rd, 2008, 06:20 AM
Hunger making a Wraith a bit more creepy. Drug addict effect.

dasNdanger
February 23rd, 2008, 07:22 AM
Not 'creepier' - though there was a moment at the end that he reminded me of the Wraith in Condemned, when he told Sheppard that he'll see what he can do...just something reminded me of our wining and dining friend from that earlier episode.

To me, Todd seemed more confident - he had a definite swagger about him. He wasn't afraid of the humans, acted very nonchalant and comfortable around them - that is, until Ronon suggested they were there to kill him! LOL...totally punked the poor guy!

We've seen Todd aggressive and snarling, we've seen him passive and subdued - I think here we see something right in the middle. He was on his home turf, so perhaps more relaxed than usual...he didn't have to put on his more human side. I DO think Todd was more Wraith-like in this episode...if that translates as 'creepy' to you, so be it. ;)

Personally, I found him rather sexy (or...pervy) in this episode...especially when he suggested that Teyla would make a 'very tasty meal'.... :wraithanime11:

das

Sweetsong
February 23rd, 2008, 08:47 AM
I just don't know why they would still have dealings with Todd after Midway, I don't care if some wraith stole the info he stole from Mckay, he should not have taken that info about Midway in the first place, that would have been the final strike in my book.

Pharaoh Atem
February 23rd, 2008, 09:13 AM
I just don't know why they would still have dealings with Todd after Midway, I don't care if some wraith stole the info he stole from Mckay, he should not have taken that info about Midway in the first place, that would have been the final strike in my book.

that's why we love him. the grey area between good and evil :D he can be our best friend and he probably could our worst emery if he wanted to be.

Charon
February 23rd, 2008, 09:13 AM

If and when it comes down to it, who do you trust less; Michael or Todd.?.

naamiaiset
February 23rd, 2008, 10:24 AM
that's why we love him. the grey area between good and evil :D he can be our best friend and he probably could our worst enemy if he wanted to be.
agreed. :D

todd has the "never to be fully trusted" wraith nature, but isn't on a mission to annihilate everything in the galaxy as michael is. thus far, todd and sheppard have had the same goals (more or less), even if todd's only been serving his/his hive's best interest. todd knows humans are vital for wraith to live and michael is trying to wipe out wraith and human alike, since he no longer has the necessity to feed. in the end, I'd trust todd a lot more.

romanabelmont
February 23rd, 2008, 10:36 AM

I trust Michael less, as he has no ties but to himself. Todd is trying to maintain or perserve his hive, or his own group of wraith. Michael would betray anyone as long as he gets what he wants. I really do think Michael is insane, and unstable. Todd is what he is. He's pretty steady, he's a wraith and out for power and a hive.

GoSpikey
February 23rd, 2008, 10:56 AM
Not 'creepier' - though there was a moment at the end that he reminded me of the Wraith in Condemned, when he told Sheppard that he'll see what he can do...just something reminded me of our wining and dining friend from that earlier episode.

To me, Todd seemed more confident - he had a definite swagger about him. He wasn't afraid of the humans, acted very nonchalant and comfortable around them - that is, until Ronon suggested they were there to kill him! LOL...totally punked the poor guy!

We've seen Todd aggressive and snarling, we've seen him passive and subdued - I think here we see something right in the middle. He was on his home turf, so perhaps more relaxed than usual...he didn't have to put on his more human side. I DO think Todd was more Wraith-like in this episode...if that translates as 'creepy' to you, so be it. ;)

Personally, I found him rather sexy (or...pervy) in this episode...especially when he suggested that Teyla would make a 'very tasty meal'.... :wraithanime11:

das

:lol: at A Lucky Wraith having a Very Tasty Meal... :lol:

It must hurt Todd to say that he requires help. Really. :P

And I liked the Wraith Hive Ship in the sand so much! Great to see it in another light! We don't really see much of it, don't we? So much we don't know yet, about the Wraith, and then they wanna move on to the next enemy? Pfft.

rarocks24
February 23rd, 2008, 11:14 AM
:lol: at A Lucky Wraith having a Very Tasty Meal... :lol:

And I liked the Wraith Hive Ship in the sand so much! Great to see it in another light! We don't really see much of it, don't we? So much we don't know yet, about the Wraith, and then they wanna move on to the next enemy? Pfft.

Your sig doesn't make sense anymore because Michael's no longer a space vampire. ;)

dasNdanger
February 23rd, 2008, 11:44 AM

You know - I got the same feeling there - he hesitated, as if it took a lot for him to ask for help. It's the second time - first with the Replicators, and now this. Obviously he sees the Wraith are not strong or wise enough to handle the problem on their own, and so he must ask their 'cattle' to assist them. That takes humility - or, as much humility as a Wraith can muster.

das

Charon
February 23rd, 2008, 12:34 PM
I'm not sure, Todd may trust the Atlantis expidition more than his fellow Wraith. If not "trust", a decent idea of how they will react.

[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
February 23rd, 2008, 12:43 PM
I agree with Teyla.....hes insane ....badass!, and when he raised his hand to show that the feeding part was gone, i was flabbergasted right there i knew he was insane!

Charon
February 23rd, 2008, 12:53 PM
;7784801']I agree with Teyla.....hes insane ....badass!, and when he raised his hand to show that the feeding part was gone, i was flabbergasted right there i knew he was insane!

You make a good point. So, would it be self-mutilation or evolution.

Mitchell82
February 23rd, 2008, 12:57 PM
nope, just his merry old self. :D

Todd is Todd. That's why I love him.

Rosehawk
February 23rd, 2008, 01:19 PM
LOL. I like that, Todd is Todd. I do like him because he is Todd! He's really an interesting character. :)

GoSpikey
February 23rd, 2008, 02:21 PM
Your sig doesn't make sense anymore because Michael's no longer a space vampire. ;)

If he cuts open your jugular, and sucks the blood out, he is. So There.

garhkal
February 23rd, 2008, 04:17 PM
You know - I got the same feeling there - he hesitated, as if it took a lot for him to ask for help. It's the second time - first with the Replicators, and now this. Obviously he sees the Wraith are not strong or wise enough to handle the problem on their own, and so he must ask their 'cattle' to assist them. That takes humility - or, as much humility as a Wraith can muster.

das

That is true. Plus it looked like he hesitated and looked away before asking for help..

GoSpikey
February 23rd, 2008, 04:23 PM
That is true. Plus it looked like he hesitated and looked away before asking for help..

I think he was having an 'oh gawd, must I really say this again?' moment. Proud Wraith asking for human help.

:lol: @ Todd thinking he'd get the Hoffan virus build-up for just saying that there's a 'part Wraith' around...

Did he really think we were that stupid?

Does that mean he doesn't know about the Wraith-retrovirus? He *really* thought he was gonna get that silly deal.

Argosy
February 23rd, 2008, 07:01 PM
You make a good point. So, would it be self-mutilation or evolution.

He is bat-chit crazy…first this chap goes off on this vengeance filled murderous tangent because “boohoo you Atlanteans betrayed me TWICE, & my own peeps want to feed on me too waaaaa!”

Then he’s all…”you guys were on the right track doing what you did to me, but I’m still pissed at you” WTF?!?!?

That dude is off his meds…looks like he will have to abduct another doctor to write him a script.

Sparrow_hawk
February 23rd, 2008, 08:21 PM
I think he was having an 'oh gawd, must I really say this again?' moment. Proud Wraith asking for human help.

I'm not so sure that Todd's humility wasn't just an act. Maybe it is because I just watched "The Seer" When Sheppard and Ronon are interrogating Todd after they take him prisoner after the brief meeting on the misty planet from McKay's vision, Todd uses the phrase "But I could not guarantee your cooperation simply by throwing myself on your mercy." Like das mentioned in another thread (Wraith Defenders) Todd has a bit of a used car salesman vibe in this episode and I couldn't help wondering if he was just trying a new negotiation tactic on the boys. Todd was acting humble and throwing himself on their mercy because he thought it would get him what he wanted with the least amount of inconvenience on his part. He seems very good at manipulating people to get what he want. And he is so SURE that he is going to win in the end. When Sheppard initially refuses to help, Todd tells him, "You always say that, but you always come around."

jelgate
February 23rd, 2008, 08:44 PM
I find to Todd to be the SGA version of Ba'al/Yu. He is the enemy and wouldn't mind stabbing us in the back if it suited him. On the other hand, he will help us it help him.

LiquidSky
February 23rd, 2008, 09:32 PM

das

Hi das That was the Magistrate in Condemened not Sheppard. Sheppard was stranded on the prisoner island. I don't know what you were thinking of

LS

dasNdanger
February 23rd, 2008, 10:45 PM
Hi das That was the Magistrate in Condemened not Sheppard. Sheppard was stranded on the prisoner island. I don't know what you were thinking of

LS

I worded that in a confusing way - I meant that - when Todd told Sheppard he would see what he could do, he reminded me of the Wraith in Condemned. I see how I first said it is a bit confusing...

sorry. :o

das

The Collector
February 24th, 2008, 12:52 AM
The man has some awesome dialog... the response that he makes after Ronon says "We Could Kill you" was hilarious. It was almost Bushido in taste.

I wish though that his crew would have something different about them... like a marking of some sort... but still with the "'1984' faceless name". Like a crew of tattooed wraith on their face so when they wear their battle gear you don't actually see that they have tattoos... but when they aren't faceless they show some character as they are part of Todd's Crew.

And as for the original question. No, slightly changed, yes... as I said... a taste of Bushido in him. But nothing extra creepy.

Maybe it was the Wraith Base that made him a tad bit more creepy, we all know now that the bases are where bad things happen, and that itself is pretty scary that there are other bases around there like it.

GoSpikey
February 24th, 2008, 03:18 AM
*Gets up pretty late, watches Mikey/Todd scenes again before getting prepped for the day*

*Ish hungry when Michael brings Teyla you-know-what*

*Licks it off*

Oh! Das. How did you like the 'previously' part, the part where Todd says 'Ah. They've picked up my signal.'

That 'ah' is soooo aaahhh. :o

:lol:

GoSpikey
February 24th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Silly question. In 'The Gift' we learn of a Wraith that did experiments on humans. Whose DNA did he work with? His own? Cos he was working alone, and so there's no other DNA available except for his own?

What if Michael can take over Teyla like he did in 'Michael', and then there's the 'The Kindred I' dialogue, because it's his own DNA in her? He might not have realized before because he didn't know what was special about Teyla, but with Carson there, he might know now. I don't remember if he exactly knew what it was before...

Thoughts?

dasNdanger
February 24th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Just a quick reply because I'm pressed for time...but this was on JM's blog - a piece of dialogue cut from the Kindred...enjoy!

Todd requests our help

This scene was pretty much unchanged for the original draft. However, the following exchange was lost for time:

TODD: Our food supply has been so randomly tainted we have no way of knowing if our next meal will be our last.

MCKAY: It’s like a box of chocolates. You never know if you’re going to get the one with the mint filling.

Beat. They all throw him a look.

TODD: If by “mint filling” you mean a toxin so powerful its reward is a certain and very painful death, then yes, I agree with your analogy.

I hope it's in the outtakes!!!

das

YutheGreat
February 24th, 2008, 06:09 AM
He was the same old Todd. Slightly more serious. I mean there were times I was expecting him to crack more Wraith humor like the comment about Teyla becoming a tasty meal.

GoSpikey
February 24th, 2008, 06:09 AM
I'm not so sure that Todd's humility wasn't just an act. Maybe it is because I just watched "The Seer" When Sheppard and Ronon are interrogating Todd after they take him prisoner after the brief meeting on the misty planet from McKay's vision, Todd uses the phrase "But I could not guarantee your cooperation simply by throwing myself on your mercy." Like das mentioned in another thread (Wraith Defenders) Todd has a bit of a used car salesman vibe in this episode and I couldn't help wondering if he was just trying a new negotiation tactic on the boys. Todd was acting humble and throwing himself on their mercy because he thought it would get him what he wanted with the least amount of inconvenience on his part. He seems very good at manipulating people to get what he want. And he is so SURE that he is going to win in the end. When Sheppard initially refuses to help, Todd tells him, "You always say that, but you always come around."

But that *IS* Todd. Just look at BAMSR, how easily he could get himself free to negotiate for those Hive Ships. That man is smart. And he knows how to bend things to his will. I luff him. :D

GoSpikey
February 24th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Just a quick reply because I'm pressed for time...but this was on JM's blog - a piece of dialogue cut from the Kindred...enjoy!

Todd requests our help

This scene was pretty much unchanged for the original draft. However, the following exchange was lost for time:

TODD: Our food supply has been so randomly tainted we have no way of knowing if our next meal will be our last.

MCKAY: It’s like a box of chocolates. You never know if you’re going to get the one with the mint filling.

TODD: If by “mint filling” you mean a toxin so powerful its reward is a certain and very painful death, then yes, I agree with your analogy.

das

Excuse my French, but: OMFG!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

melfan
February 24th, 2008, 07:33 AM

Todd requests our help

das

Hilarious! :D

My toughts exactly
:lol: :indeed:

Sparrow_hawk
February 24th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Thanks for posting that out-take dialog, das! I would LOVE to see Todd deliver those lines.

Sparrow_hawk
February 24th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Silly question. In 'The Gift' we learn of a Wraith that did experiments on humans. Whose DNA did he work with? His own? Cos he was working alone, and so there's no other DNA available except for his own?

What if Michael can take over Teyla like he did in 'Michael', and then there's the 'The Kindred I' dialogue, because it's his own DNA in her? He might not have realized before because he didn't know what was special about Teyla, but with Carson there, he might know now. I don't remember if he exactly knew what it was before...

Thoughts?
Spikey,

I'm glad you mentioned the bit about Michael's DNA. I've been thinking about it, too. Maybe Michael was the scientist experimenting on the Athosians and he did use his own DNA to alter them. If that is the case, Teyla's baby has a double dose of Michael-DNA. That would make the baby Michael's descendant (in an odd sort of way). If that is the case, it is no wonder Michael is interested in it! Teyla's telepathic bond has always been strongest with Wraith, not her own people. If the baby is more wraith-like, it would help explain her strong pre-natal telepathic bond with it. Of course you could argue that we don't know whether or not others with "the gift" have had connections with their children, unborn or otherwise. One wonders what the baby will look like...

GoSpikey
February 24th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Spikey,

I'm glad you mentioned the bit about Michael's DNA. I've been thinking about it, too. Maybe Michael was the scientist experimenting on the Athosians and he did use his own DNA to alter them. If that is the case, Teyla's baby has a double dose of Michael-DNA. That would make the baby Michael's descendant (in an odd sort of way). If that is the case, it is no wonder Michael is interested in it! Teyla's telepathic bond has always been strongest with Wraith, not her own people. If the baby is more wraith-like, it would help explain her strong pre-natal telepathic bond with it. Of course you could argue that we don't know whether or not others with "the gift" have had connections with their children, unborn or otherwise. One wonders what the baby will look like...

Thanks for your thoughts! Since my mind was pretty tired when I wrote that down, I didn't yet fully get that it would mean that the baby would have like 2 genetic fathers, if that's what your point is. Kanaan did the er, fun part, and Michael did the 'here's my Wraith DNA' years ago. Hmmm. Soon, we might know! :P

But I'm rather hoping that Michael was manipulating her mind yet again and did the interesting parts himself. Imagine Teyla finding that one out. The horror for her, the glee for us...

*ggggggggg*

:o :o :o

sweetsamurai
February 24th, 2008, 11:20 AM
I thought he developed more into a likeable and interesting character, in this episode by the way he interacts with the team.

Like when he says to Sheppard something lke, 'You always say that but you eventually do it' - a kind of fun familiarity bonus.

And I love how he cared that the team knew it wasn't him who had anything to do with the earth invasion in Midway - the way the actor executed his line was perfect. I'm not saying Todd loves the team but he has honour and pride and respect which he adheres to and I think that is funky!

naamiaiset
February 24th, 2008, 12:01 PM

Todd requests our help

das
I would have loved to have seen that play out. :lol: todd and rodney could have some great comedy moments together.

Icarium
February 24th, 2008, 12:17 PM

Todd requests our help

das

OMG, you killed me with that one :wraithanime11:

Icarium

ziga1980
February 24th, 2008, 01:05 PM

Micheal is Micheal. That's why he's the best villain there is. and Todd is Todd. the best wraith there ever was...

Sparrow_hawk
February 24th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Thanks for your thoughts! Since my mind was pretty tired when I wrote that down, I didn't yet fully get that it would mean that the baby would have like 2 genetic fathers, if that's what your point is. Kanaan did the er, fun part, and Michael did the 'here's my Wraith DNA' years ago. Hmmm. Soon, we might know! :P

But I'm rather hoping that Michael was manipulating her mind yet again and did the interesting parts himself. Imagine Teyla finding that one out. The horror for her, the glee for us...

*ggggggggg*

:o :o :o
I'd wondered about that as well, but couldn't think of when it could have happened. As for Teyla believing that Kanaan is the father -- Michael certainly could have tampered with her mind and memories.

I'm sure we'll know the answers soon!

GoSpikey
February 24th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Micheal is Micheal. That's why he's the best villain there is. and Todd is Todd. the best wraith there ever was...

Er, congrats for at least getting the name 'Todd' correct?

:P

garhkal
February 24th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I'm not saying Todd loves the team but he has honour and pride and respect which he adheres to and I think that is funky!

That he does. Probabily from seeing all we can do. You just gotta respct that.

dasNdanger
February 24th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I thought he developed more into a likeable and interesting character, in this episode by the way he interacts with the team.

Like when he says to Sheppard something lke, 'You always say that but you eventually do it' - a kind of fun familiarity bonus.

Yes - that was a great line. I swear, Todd was almost flirting with Sheppard when he said that! Like you said - fun familiarity - and it was great!

And I love how he cared that the team knew it wasn't him who had anything to do with the earth invasion in Midway - the way the actor executed his line was perfect. I'm not saying Todd loves the team but he has honour and pride and respect which he adheres to and I think that is funky!

Yes, that 'I had nothing to do with that' line was executed quite well. Interesting that Todd even knew about it, though.

Chris Heyerdahl (the actor who plays Todd) said that Todd's connection to Sheppard is more 'right'. Sheppard gave him back his life - a life he had given up all hope of living out to its full. His feelings towards Sheppard (and, by association, the Lanteans) are different than Sheppard's feelings towards him. To Sheppard, the events in Common Ground were just another adventure. To Todd, however, it was a life-altering experience. Sheppard actually taught him something about humans - gave him a new and different perspective. For possibly the first time ever, a Wraith has really gotten to know the 'ingredients' in his food, and it's caused him to have a different appreciation for humans, and their usefulness. Doesn't mean he'll stop feeding on them (he has no choice at the moment), but maybe he'll be more selective as to whom he chooses to feed upon.

Time will tell...

das

ziga1980
February 25th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Er, congrats for at least getting the name 'Todd' correct?

:P

:lol: :lol: :thoranime09: my bad ;)

Zanlee
February 25th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Todd creepier? I don't think creepy is quite the right word for it. He seemed more confident to me. He's on his 'home turf' so to speak, and not chained up with four marines aiming P90's at him.
His own guards are moving freely about, and even though Ronon has the quip about "...just here to kill you" he doesn't really feel threatened. "Perhaps next time then." (LOL love Todds comeback.)

^_^

ziga1980
February 26th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Todd creepier? I don't think creepy is quite the right word for it. He seemed more confident to me. He's on his 'home turf' so to speak, and not chained up with four marines aiming P90's at him.
His own guards are moving freely about, and even though Ronon has the quip about "...just here to kill you" he doesn't really feel threatened. "Perhaps next time then." (LOL love Todds comeback.)

^_^

i suspect that the next time around Todd will be back for some killing. he said well there's always next time...he could suggest that he knows they're his enemies and the agreement between them is temporary. when he has no need for them...all bets are off. you know what i mean.

naamiaiset
February 26th, 2008, 09:12 AM
i suspect that the next time around Todd will be back for some killing. he said well there's always next time...he could suggest that he knows they're his enemies and the agreement between them is temporary. when he has no need for them...all bets are off. you know what i mean.
I don't see todd attacking the lanteans (yet). in kindred, as far as we know, todd only has one hive to fight with and atlantis would have no problem destroying it and all wraith on board. atlantis is more beneficial to todd as uneasy allies.

SpinningChevron
February 27th, 2008, 06:42 AM
I don't think that the way Todd acted was any creepier than usual, its just that on board the Wraith ship with the colours of the inside it gave him a creepier feel.

ziga1980
February 27th, 2008, 07:58 AM
I don't see todd attacking the lanteans (yet). in kindred, as far as we know, todd only has one hive to fight with and atlantis would have no problem destroying it and all wraith on board. atlantis is more beneficial to todd as uneasy allies.

well as i said...when they won't be of any use to him. i agree that he needs them on his side or at least in a neutral position for now. but his most likely end play is to "cure" his wraith and let other die form the disease and than gain the dominant position among the wraith. and than as the dominant wraith in the galaxy he might attempt to capture atlantis (in s5 perhaps??). although the thing with Michael complicates things a little.

Amalthea
February 27th, 2008, 09:05 AM
I think he was just really focused. And since he was focused on getting a weapon, it comes across as little creepier than last time we saw him.