PDA

View Full Version : Farscape CD/DVD News and Releases

ibwolf
October 19th, 2004, 09:01 AM
TvShowsOnDvd.com reported today that the DVD of the recent SciFi channel mini series, Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars, is on its way. Full report here (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2332).

Retailing for just under $20 in the states, the mini will hit the streets on January 18, next year. Single disk with some extras (unsure if it is a DVD-9 or DVD-12 - with extras on 'the flip side')

Cover art:
http://hi.is/~kristsi/wolf/pkwarsdvd.jpg

keshou
October 19th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Thanks! I'll definitely be getting this one. The extras sound good...

*The Making of The Peacekeeper Wars " (30-minutes)
*Interactive Conceptual Art Gallery
*Authentic Production Storyboards
*Spacecraft Gallery
*And much, much more!

The "Making of" sounds cool. I hope we also get commentaries, that would be great!

ibwolf
October 19th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Amazon.com does not yet have it up for preorder, but you can ask them to send you an e-mail when it will be here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JNG2/qid=1098203519/sr=1-36/ref=sr_1_36/103-9930696-2817410?v=glance&s=dvd)

DownFallAngel
October 19th, 2004, 02:25 PM
DVDAnswers is reporting the same thing.

http://dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=5111&n=1&burl=

JediTrilobite
October 20th, 2004, 09:49 AM
That was fast. I'm watching the series on DVD now, so I'll probably get it or borrow it.

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 27th, 2004, 12:19 PM
All I cans say is...SWEET!

Xenan
October 27th, 2004, 12:37 PM
When is the next movie coming out?

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 27th, 2004, 02:50 PM
I wasn't aware of 'a' movie.

DownFallAngel
October 27th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Hate to say it, but that cover sucks. I would take the FARSCAPE THE PEACEKEEPER WARS logo, with the redish leviathian skin in the bg. Or that red-eye thing.

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 27th, 2004, 03:35 PM
That would be cool.

Sci-Fi
November 23rd, 2005, 01:03 AM
Farscape Classics: Vol 1 Limited Ed Music CD (http://www.lalalandrecords.com/FarscapeClassics1.html)

LaLaLand Records has just released a limited edition (only 1200 copies) of " FARSCAPE composer Guy Gross’s complete scores to the beloved episodes EAT ME and REVENGING ANGEL..... 12-Page Collectable CD-Booklet is packed with exclusive liner notes and awesome FARSCAPE art."

Click on the link for more information.

:p ;) :) :D

skritsys
November 23rd, 2005, 07:00 AM
At least it isn't a SonyBMG CD.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 23rd, 2005, 06:28 PM
Oh yeah. Thank god for that.

the fifth man
November 24th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Pretty cool. I love all things Farscape.

Space Monkey52
November 26th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Besides the nice little box, does anyone know if there are differences between these two? The boxset is a lot more expensive, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything before I get the Starburst edition. I tried contacting ADV about it, but they never answered.

Odin's eyes
November 26th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Go with the Starburst edition.
Apperently it has newly recored commentaries on it in addition to the old ones.
So that means more extra material for you. Plus it's cheaper and that's good.

The only down side is that you have to wait to get all seasons since they're in the middle of releasing them.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 26th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Personally, I couldn't tell ya. I only own the Single box sets (example: Season 4.1 or Season 2.2)

Space Monkey52
November 26th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Somebody said there are playback issues with some of the Starburst editions double sided discs. Anybody know if that's true?

the fifth man
November 26th, 2005, 11:54 PM
What, the Starburst Edition's are just newly released or what?

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 27th, 2005, 12:15 PM
What, the Starburst Edition's are just newly released or what?
no, they're not actually newly released. The First Starburst edition DVD came out a little over a year ago (November 16, 2004). The newest edition (season 3 collection 1) is due out December 13, 2005

the fifth man
November 27th, 2005, 01:46 PM
no, they're not actually newly released. The First Starburst edition DVD came out a little over a year ago (November 16, 2004). The newest edition (season 3 collection 1) is due out December 13, 2005

Thanks for the heads up, NIWDA.:)

creed462
November 28th, 2005, 11:18 AM
I'd go with starbust (Which came out after I got season 1 :( ... )

Darren
November 28th, 2005, 12:21 PM
I'm buying Starburst. I could never force myself to pony up $150 for a boxed set. The new edition is a bargain ($75 or less per season), plus it has more bonus features.

The only playback issue I've run into so far is that every episode is default to play with the captions ON (for my player, at least). It's very annoying to have to go into the player menu and turn off subtitles every time.

Space Monkey52
December 2nd, 2005, 04:23 AM
Is that on all of the starburst dvd's?

Faraway
March 31st, 2006, 05:50 AM
Yes, you will here it here exclusively at sescapers.com and no where else. We at the Southeast Scapers website have been striving, since we re-opened our doors in September, to give you continued informaton on our beloved show Farscape and let the magic of the show continue, if only in our hearts.

The spirit of that commitment is no better served then on this day, March 31.

The April guest blogger for sescapers.com is Matt Verboys, Vice President of LaLa Land Records, who puts together the wonderful Farscape soundtracks. In his April blog, he announces the two episodes that will be included on the highly anticipated Farscape Vol. 2 CD. Please follow the link to read his blog and find out what two episode faves will be included. And if you post this information somewhere else, please give the Southeast Scapers' website credit. I have worked hard to build a relationship with each of my guest bloggers.

http://www.sescapers.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=436

Also, don't forget, LaLa Land Records will be giving away a copy of the new Farscape CD on my site when it comes out.

Enjoy,

BA

Mattathias2.0
April 25th, 2006, 03:40 PM
I have a question for anyone who can answer:

What is the differences between the regular Farscape Boxed Sets from the Starburst Edition DVDs?

Details are important.

Thank you,
Mattathias

the fifth man
April 25th, 2006, 11:07 PM
For one thing, they are much cheaper. Much!!! And, they have new special features on them apparently.

Teelie
April 25th, 2006, 11:27 PM
I believe the Starburst editions are just a few episodes of the season, not all of them.

Formerhost
April 26th, 2006, 03:41 AM
I have a question for anyone who can answer:

What is the differences between the regular Farscape Boxed Sets from the Starburst Edition DVDs?

Details are important.

Thank you,
Mattathias

The details are:

Starburst edition contain 14 COMPLETELY NEW episode commentaries recorded by Claudia, Ben, David Kemper and Rockne O'Bannon in summer of 2004 EXCLUSIVELY for this edition. Of course, these new commentaries are the addition to previously released ones, which are included in this edition too. Another thing, there are more new interviews, also recorded in 2004 (Brian Henson or Virginia Hey for example). Guy Gross (composer) talks about music for several episodes, it's also a new thing. Also, they dug up from Henson Company archives stuff never released before - rough recordings before ADR (Additional Dialogue Recording) sessions, you can hear in them puppeteers talking for Rygel and Pilot, not Lani and Jonathan. And with all these ADDITIONAl extras Starburst is really cheap, much cheaper than previous editions. And, what's really important, there are subtitles included for people with hearing troubles.

Each season (there are 3 FULL seasons released now, the first volume of 4th season will be available June 13th) consists of 3 volumes, each volume contains 7-8 episodes plus Extra features.

Formerhost
April 26th, 2006, 03:46 AM
I believe the Starburst editions are just a few episodes of the season, not all of them.

Wrong. FULL seasons from the start with the new (and old) extras.

starlightgazer
April 26th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Useful information. I've only seen an episode or two of Farscape, so I was thinking about blind buying one of the SEs.

Missster.Freeman
April 26th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Yep, good info. I'd also like to know if the Starbusrt editions (with all the content described by Formerhost) are available in Region 2? Or is it purely a Region 1 release?

Thanks.
MF

Formerhost
April 26th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Yep, good info. I'd also like to know if the Starbusrt editions (with all the content described by Formerhost) are available in Region 2? Or is it purely a Region 1 release?

Thanks.
MF

It's Region 1, but with multiregional DVD player and region-free software or more than one DVD drives in your PC it's not a problem. And it's available on Amazon UK :)

Resident-Seven
April 26th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Its bad enough when movies are released in multiple versions, doing it with a show is just unprofessional.

Missster.Freeman
April 26th, 2006, 09:39 AM
It's Region 1, but with multiregional DVD player and region-free software or more than one DVD drives in your PC it's not a problem. And it's available on Amazon UK :)
Ah that's cool. I mostly watch DVDs on my PC anyway. Thanks. :)

Formerhost
April 26th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Ah that's cool. I mostly watch DVDs on my PC anyway. Thanks. :)

Me too since my TV set is broken and I need to have it repaired. I have two DVD-+RW drives in my PC, one for Region 1 and the second for Region 2 DVDs. WinDVD rules! :)

Mattathias2.0
April 26th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Thank you, Formerhost, as well as others who gave information.

I intend to buy them instead of the Boxsets (which I initially was going to purchase).

Mattathias

Gwin
April 26th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I will buy the the rest boxsets from UK after I got season 4. Its very good quality, looks pretty good, but maybe one day, when I have money left, I will also buy the Starburst Editions. ;)
But first of all the show is all I need. :)

Formerhost
April 26th, 2006, 12:00 PM
I will buy the the rest boxsets from UK after I got season 4. Its very good quality, looks pretty good, but maybe one day, when I have money left, I will also buy the Starburst Editions. ;)
But first of all the show is all I need. :)

The one thing (and it's the only one thing) which I'm angry with Contender UK (I also own all four seasons boxsets from UK and now I'm adding Starburst Edition to it just for the new commentaries, which are just brilliant) about is the lack of English subtitles for their Farscape DVDs. I really don't believe it was too expensive for them to include them. Sony UK subtitled even extra features (commentaries and another extras) at their season 9 SG-1 DVDs.

On the other hand, there is "Farscape: Undressed" included in UK season 3 DVDs, and ADV Films wasn't able to include it in their DVDs due to some legal problems with SciFi Channel :S

Teelie
April 26th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Wrong. FULL seasons from the start with the new (and old) extras.

It was this part: "each volume contains 7-8 episodes plus Extra features." that tripped me up. It looked like they were only doing a handful of episodes per season as opposed to the whole season. They wrote it poorly.

Formerhost
April 26th, 2006, 01:10 PM
It was this part: "each volume contains 7-8 episodes plus Extra features." that tripped me up. It looked like they were only doing a handful of episodes per season as opposed to the whole season. They wrote it poorly.

Each season consists of 3 volumes (12 volumes altogether for all 4 seasons).

Teelie
May 13th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Bumping this slightly; the local Suncoast video store is going out of business and had some steep discounts on box sets; 40% off so I picked up the first two volumes of season one and the third volume of season three in the Starburst collection. Sadly, that's all they had but for $15, I took them. :D Three sets for less than the cost of what one set used to cost. If only they had the rest. :(

the fifth man
May 13th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Bumping this slightly; the local Suncoast video store is going out of business and had some steep discounts on box sets; 40% off so I picked up the first two volumes of season one and the third volume of season three in the Starburst collection. Sadly, that's all they had but for $15, I took them. :D Three sets for less than the cost of what one set used to cost. If only they had the rest. :(

At least your got what you could on a good deal.:)

BJdavidLS
May 14th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Does anyone know what edition are covers found on cdcovers.cc as described below?
They are region 1 but haven't seen them yet in any store (online)
are they even official?

http://cdcovers.cc/dvd_f.php
2 steps for those not familiar with cdcovers.cc
1) just click on any title and type "farscape boxset"
2) click any volume (1-8) then "[front]" below titles and "Download Cover" even lower on the page

there are 8 volumes, 2 for each season and put in order they spell Farscape by side, these are the ones I'm interested in.
are they possibly the normal USA versions? as in 2 boxsets in each "the complete season X" volume?
altough I doubt it, because volume 8 has the peacekeeper wars on it too.

thanx a lot
David

Jades
May 17th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Does anyone know what edition are covers found on cdcovers.cc as described below?
They are region 1 but haven't seen them yet in any store (online)
are they even official?

Sorry, the cover art doesn't look familiar to me. You could try asking at one of the Farscape forums (eg. terrafirmascapers.com, watchfarscape.com). Someone there may know.

Although, personally I recommend the Starburst editions as they have all the extras from the previous releases, plus a bunch of new commentaries. They're also considerably cheaper.

creed462
August 22nd, 2007, 07:42 AM
I notice amazon, has listed the frist three starburst editons as unavaible does this mean they are going out of print

Jades
August 22nd, 2007, 08:13 AM
I notice amazon, has listed the frist three starburst editons as unavaible does this mean they are going out of print

Yeah, they are. Sony has bought the rights to distribute the Farscape DVDs, so ADV who previously held the rights aren't releasing any more. Currently season 1 of the Starburst Editions are out of stock everywhere, you can still buy them on Ebay for exorbitant prices though. I hope Sony re-releases the DVDs soon because Farscape is losing a potential new audience by not having the S1 DVDs readily available for a decent price.

Randy_Watson
August 22nd, 2007, 08:21 AM
I think the Sony deal is a great news for Scape fans (not for me as I already have the Starbursts) I am almost positive that they will be releasing season sets, and cheaper than the current prices (and maybe even a complete series set). The only possible problem is that they might not be able to get the rights for all the extras, but who knows.

poundpuppy29
August 22nd, 2007, 12:15 PM
Can you buy them used on Amazon that was my plan for xmas

the fifth man
August 22nd, 2007, 07:41 PM

Now that, I'm sure, isn't a problem.

Jades
August 22nd, 2007, 09:01 PM

You can, but the used S1 copies are still being sold for around five times the original retail price. People are profiteering because the S1 Starbursts are rare at the moment. S2-S4 are still available, although I'd say they'll be out of stock relatively soon as well. You can pick them up for around $14 per edition at DVD Pacific: http://www.dvdpacific.com/search.asp?title=farscape+starburst&imageField.x=9&imageField.y=12

I'd say the best bet for season 1 is to wait for the Sony release, although there has been no announcement about when.

poundpuppy29
August 24th, 2007, 01:05 PM
If I wait for Sony do you think they will put the season all together for a reasonable price?

Thunderstorm
August 24th, 2007, 06:47 PM
I don't know but I wouldn't hold my breath. Sony has about as much sense as the SciFi channel. :eek:

the fifth man
August 24th, 2007, 08:36 PM
If I wait for Sony do you think they will put the season all together for a reasonable price?

It is kind of hard to say. They may, but there are no guarantees. Personally, I'd go after as many of the Starburst Editions as you could. But that's just me.:)

Anubis69
August 26th, 2007, 07:48 AM
You can, but the used S1 copies are still being sold for around five times the original retail price. People are profiteering because the S1 Starbursts are rare at the moment. S2-S4 are still available, although I'd say they'll be out of stock relatively soon as well. You can pick them up for around $14 per edition at DVD Pacific: http://www.dvdpacific.com/search.asp?title=farscape+starburst&imageField.x=9&imageField.y=12

I'd say the best bet for season 1 is to wait for the Sony release, although there has been no announcement about when.
Hmm. I bought the first 3 volumes from some random guy on eBay (UK) for about £25 total. :confused: Double sided DVDs though. I don't much care for that, i'm always terrified i'm gonna scratch them. (Hence i'm glad my season 2 ones were single sided. (S3 and 4 i bought the UK boxsets (special offer) in case you were wondering.))

Thunderstorm
August 26th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Hmm. I bought the first 3 volumes from some random guy on eBay (UK) for about £25 total. :confused: Double sided DVDs though. I don't much care for that, i'm always terrified i'm gonna scratch them. (Hence i'm glad my season 2 ones were single sided. (S3 and 4 i bought the UK boxsets (special offer) in case you were wondering.))

The 1st releases of some Starburst dvds were double sided. All my S1 discs are double sided and the 1st set from S2. I think future re-releases were single sided but I don't know when that happened.

Jades
September 1st, 2007, 05:58 AM

Yeah, the first set of my S1 Starburst Edition discs are double sided, it was a poor design. I'm glad ADV switched to single sided discs shortly afterward.

Jades
September 1st, 2007, 06:00 AM
This was posted on the TWoP forums:

Just a heads up that ADV has now got the Starburst Editions Season 2 and 3 on sale for $12.00 US an edition (remember 3 editions per season) and Season 4 is on sale for $14.00 US an edition.

Good prices. :) Especially for those who have been waiting...

Just remember - ADV will probably lose their rights to Season 2 in December, so if you want the Starburst Editions at a good price - now is the time to buy.

(Also - ADV charges *sigh* shipping and handling. But still worth it.)

Link (http://www.advfilms.com/buy/live-action/search.aspx?search=farscape%20starburst&anime=0&liveaction=621&manga=750&merchandise=778&music=)

creed462
September 2nd, 2007, 12:27 PM
This was posted on the TWoP forums:

Just a heads up that ADV has now got the Starburst Editions Season 2 and 3 on sale for $12.00 US an edition (remember 3 editions per season) and Season 4 is on sale for $14.00 US an edition.

Good prices. :) Especially for those who have been waiting...

Just remember - ADV will probably lose their rights to Season 2 in December, so if you want the Starburst Editions at a good price - now is the time to buy.

(Also - ADV charges *sigh* shipping and handling. But still worth it.)

Link (http://www.advfilms.com/buy/live-action/search.aspx?search=farscape%20starburst&anime=0&liveaction=621&manga=750&merchandise=778&music=)

I can tell you that, I've been chraged about 6$ for shipping one dvd by them, even still it was cheaper then amazon

Jades
September 2nd, 2007, 11:07 PM
I can tell you that, I've been chraged about 6$ for shipping one dvd by them, even still it was cheaper then amazon

I'm not sure, but I think it works out to be cheaper if you buy in bulk. I've only ever bought Farscape DVDs from DVD Pacific, I've found them to be cheap and reliable.

cavalierlwt
September 4th, 2007, 07:29 PM
I'm a little worried with this whole Sony situation. Sure, there's a chance the DVDs will become widely available at a good price, and better quality than ADV could do. Then again, Sony could change their mind, delay it for a dozen years, or cancel it outright. I'll feel a lot better when/if Sony announces either a release date or something more firm than what we have now. Companies buy up rights to things all the time, it doesn't always work out the way we hope it will.

poundpuppy29
September 5th, 2007, 12:09 PM
I'm a little worried with this whole Sony situation. Sure, there's a chance the DVDs will become widely available at a good price, and better quality than ADV could do. Then again, Sony could change their mind, delay it for a dozen years, or cancel it outright. I'll feel a lot better when/if Sony announces either a release date or something more firm than what we have now. Companies buy up rights to things all the time, it doesn't always work out the way we hope it will.
Great points why did they buy them to begin with if they are not going to release them there is something I am missing something they are not saying right now I wish I had money and a Credit card but the reason I am waiting cuz I will probably get Amazon gift certificates for Xmas ant that's the only way I can get DVDs at the moment

Trek_Girl42
September 15th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah, they are. Sony has bought the rights to distribute the Farscape DVDs, so ADV who previously held the rights aren't releasing any more. Currently season 1 of the Starburst Editions are out of stock everywhere, you can still buy them on Ebay for exorbitant prices though. I hope Sony re-releases the DVDs soon because Farscape is losing a potential new audience by not having the S1 DVDs readily available for a decent price.
Oh this is not fair.....I'd have liked to buy the Starbursts at some point, unfortunately haven't had the spare $$$. :P

Anyone have a pic of all the Starbursts lined up on a shelf? I saw a couple random copies at future shop and noticed that they make some sort of complete image on the spines. I'm curious. ;)

Thunderstorm
September 15th, 2007, 09:39 PM
It's a picture of Moya.

Keonyn
September 15th, 2007, 10:14 PM
It worries me too frankly. They bought the rights but have so far failed to make any kind of announcement about a release date or how they intend to package it or what their plans are.

My guess is they're holding on to the series as it has a huge following and they want that following to go Blu-Ray when an HD release comes out and by releasing it themselves they can guarantee it will be a BR exclusive. At least that seems the likeliest case as there's no reason for them to pay for the rights and not release anything, after all, the show has seen 2 releases already so it's not like they can bury it as a form of competition.

Sadly I'm one of those that wasn't able to pick up the releases while they were out as I was strapped for cash. I was looking to pick them up now only to find they are out of print and hard to come by. So I guess I'm stuck waiting to see what Sony is going to do.

creed462
September 16th, 2007, 01:47 PM
I still haven't got a blue-ray player, I hope they release it on dvd, then again, it they do, I'd have to get a Blue-ray

cavalierlwt
October 24th, 2007, 03:50 AM
If Sony were to release Farscape in HD, it would certainly be BluRay, the only problem is Farscape would be way, way, way, way.....way down low on the list of BluRay releases. Assuming BluRay wins/survives the Format War, I would not expect to see Farscape for 5+ years, if ever.

I'm guessing we have one prime window of opportunity: regular DVD, and it had better happen in the next 2-3 years or it will never happen. That's why I'm nervous. It's not at all unrealistic that Sony could buy up all the rights and never make a single DVD. It sound crazy, but that's how things work.

On positive note, if Sony does release Farscape on DVD, it will be way better quality than ADV's releases.

./freelancer
November 11th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Does anyone have any info on this (http://www.dvd.co.uk/DVD/Ultimate-Farscape-Collection-The-Forty-One-Discs-Box-Set-Ben/KLT80042/product.htm?sr=sa) release? Is it just the original DVDs in a new box?

Also, does anyone have a picture of the starburst edition DVDs lined up together?

And of course, any news on the Sony thingy?

THe KiKO peRsON
November 12th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Does anyone have any info on this (http://www.dvd.co.uk/DVD/Ultimate-Farscape-Collection-The-Forty-One-Discs-Box-Set-Ben/KLT80042/product.htm?sr=sa) release? Is it just the original DVDs in a new box?

Also, does anyone have a picture of the starburst edition DVDs lined up together?

And of course, any news on the Sony thingy?

Well, It's got more commentaries than the normal boxsets, which I am borrowing from my uncle. I want them to just release some of the Starburst Editions, cos I wanna watch commentaries! Only FS commentary I've watched is the Mind The Baby one.

Sony are being idiots like the Sci-fi Channel in Australia. I dunno.

./freelancer
November 12th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Well, It's got more commentaries than the normal boxsets, which I am borrowing from my uncle. I want them to just release some of the Starburst Editions, cos I wanna watch commentaries! Only FS commentary I've watched is the Mind The Baby one.

Sony are being idiots like the Sci-fi Channel in Australia. I dunno.
Is it the same commentaries as Starburst? Or is it more like this:
Boxsets: "Standard" commentaries
Starburst: Standard + new
Collection: Standard + other new
?

Prometheus 1
December 5th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know where i can cheap Farscape DVDs for Region 1. Everywhere i look Season one is always above two hundred dollars. I'm looking to pay no more than fifty or sixty for a set. Does anyone know where i can find them cheap?

SylvreWolfe
December 5th, 2007, 06:13 PM
No idear. Season 1 is hard to find because it isn't being made anymore. If you can play multiregions then you can try the UK

Xicer
December 5th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Yeah they've stopped making season 1 DVDs which is why they're so hard to find and have over-the-top prices.

Prometheus 1
December 5th, 2007, 06:43 PM
well thats really dumb. they're losing money that way

cavalierlwt
December 6th, 2007, 03:53 AM
well thats really dumb. they're losing money that way

Well, they're not losing money, they're just not making any money. Let's face it, much as we love Farscape, it obviously wasn't a smash hit for ADV video. Sony bought the rights, they may or may not release a line of Farscape DVDs, the jury is still out on that.

Darkdreams
December 7th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Ebay, maybe you will get lucky. I want to get the box sets but I dont want to pay 100 bucks for each one.

the fifth man
December 7th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Some of the Amazon.com prices aren't too bad. Especially if you buy from sellers on there, not necessarily Amazon itself.

McClance
December 8th, 2007, 12:46 AM
What about Season 1 StarBurst?

Xicer
December 8th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Yep, I'm pretty sure those are gone as well.

the fifth man
December 8th, 2007, 09:22 PM
The ones for Season 1 that are there are super-expensive.

McClance
December 8th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Have you checked at Fry's Electronics (http://shop1.outpost.com/search?search_type=regular&sqxts=1&query_string=Farscape&cat=39813&submit.x=0&submit.y=0)? They're only $17-$20 there. :)

EDIT: Never mind. Should have read a little further.

Those dren-for-brains!

the fifth man
December 9th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Guess I'm lucky I got mine when I did.

SunKrux
December 10th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I have the original 1st run of DVDs from ADV, you know the ones BEFORE the Starburst editions and I don't plan on getting rid of them, ever. I'm happy with what I have. ;) :D

McClance
December 10th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I have most of Season 1 on VHS with the last four episodes on my computer. I'm planning to transfer them to DVDs at some point. But, it's a shame that I won't be able to hear the commentaries or the other special features... :(

cavalierlwt
January 3rd, 2008, 12:36 AM
As many of you know, Sony began buying the DVD rights to Farscape from ADV about 9 months ago. I can't find anything that says Sony is moving forward with a DVD release. Anyone heard anything about it? The folks in some of the Farscape forums are feeling like Sony's about to restart the Farscape series.

I on the other hand, am taking the more pessimistic view: I'm starting to think Sony is going to shelve the Farscape DVD rights. It could be years or never, before we see the DVDs rereleased. I hope I'm wrong (I often am!) but the more time drags by with no announcement, the more my hope sinks.

So, anyone with any info, be sure post it to this thread. We can at least follow the progress, if any, of this situation.

The Signal
January 3rd, 2008, 05:24 AM
I don't keep up with Farscape news, so I could be miles off here, but, there are webisodes on the way, right? They'd be insane not to release them before the websiodes come out, but at the same time, they'd be mad to not take advantage of the hype of the webisodes to boost their sales. If they want to maximise their sales, they'll release probably a couple of months before the webisodes are released, feeding off of the hype.

I hope they do, because as much as I've always enjoyed 'scape, I'm not looking to pay £90 for a single series.

SunKrux
January 3rd, 2008, 11:18 AM
Considering that the writer's strike in the US is still ongoing, there is no set time on WHEN the webisodes will start. At the con in November, Rockne said 2008, but if the writer's strike lasts much longer it will no doubt be pushed back since Rockne is striking as well.

So as of right now, it's all up in the air.

cavalierlwt
January 4th, 2008, 04:22 AM
As far as Sony's logic behind the DVD rights, it's tough to know what they're thinking. They're so big that our version of logic might not apply to their way of doing things. Maybe someone has handpicked Farscape and will guide it along to DVD releases, or maybe some division honcho just said,
"go out and buy up the rights to x number of SciFi shows/movies not currently in wide release. Maybe next year we'll choose 1 or 2 out of that pool for release"

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but that's always a possibility. I'm hoping that someone from Sony will just give us a hint. Actually, maybe I'll email them. Probably stupid and pointless of me, but it does cost me nothing except a few minutes of my time.

cavalierlwt
January 9th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Well, I tried emailing Sony, I got this form letter-type email:

>>Thank you for your e-mail and for your feedback! We appreciate your interest in Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) products. The information you provided has been forwarded to the appropriate department for research and review. Unfortunately, we currently do not have a published release date for this title.

Please stay tuned to http://www.sonypictures.com/spn/index.php or the website http://www.imdb.com/ for additional information regarding upcoming Sony Pictures Home Entertainment releases.<<

I guess my willingness to tilt at windmills is still going strong.

the fifth man
January 13th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Considering that the writer's strike in the US is still ongoing, there is no set time on WHEN the webisodes will start. At the con in November, Rockne said 2008, but if the writer's strike lasts much longer it will no doubt be pushed back since Rockne is striking as well.

So as of right now, it's all up in the air.

Yeah, this strike sucks for a lot of reasons.:( I really hope a resolution to all of this can be reached in the near future, so everyone can get back to work entertaining us.

cavalierlwt
February 6th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Anyone heard anything at all about the DVDs lately? Anything? Even rumors and hearsay would be OK at this point.

Jeff O'Connor
February 6th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Nope, but you aren't alone in wondering...

SunKrux
February 6th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Why worry about getting DVDs from Sony when you can sign up on iTunes (for free) and get the eps from there? Yes you have to pay to download them, but at least you can get ALL SEASONS that way. :D Just a thought.

Randy_Watson
February 6th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Why worry about getting DVDs from Sony when you can sign up on iTunes (for free) and get the eps from there? Yes you have to pay to download them, but at least you can get ALL SEASONS that way. :D Just a thought.

I imagine because most people like to have a hard copy that they can watch on their nice TVs and with all the interesting extras. Itunes is OK, but DVD's are much better.

SunKrux
February 6th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I imagine because most people like to have a hard copy that they can watch on their nice TVs and with all the interesting extras. Itunes is OK, but DVD's are much better.

I hear ya, but once you've downloaded the eps from iTunes on to your harddrive, you can (if you have the software and blank DVDs) burn them onto a DVD and watch them on your tv. :D

Who knows, if enough people ask for it, maybe the extras can be added to iTunes.

I was merely offering an alternative to waiting for Sony to get off their eemas and produce more DVDs.

joshing123
February 6th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I hear ya, but once you've downloaded the eps from iTunes on to your harddrive, you can (if you have the software and blank DVDs) burn them onto a DVD and watch them on your tv. :D

Who knows, if enough people ask for it, maybe the extras can be added to iTunes.

Sure, if you want to spend the time, although when all is said and done you're not saving a lot of money, especially if the Sony DVDs are more reasonably priced as they're expected to be.

And while I do that for a number of shows etc., with certain ones, like Farscape, I want the artwork on the boxes and most importantly, as you mentioned, the extras that come with it.

SunKrux
February 7th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Sure, if you want to spend the time, although when all is said and done you're not saving a lot of money, especially if the Sony DVDs are more reasonably priced as they're expected to be.

And while I do that for a number of shows etc., with certain ones, like Farscape, I want the artwork on the boxes and most importantly, as you mentioned, the extras that come with it.

Well considering that earlier in this thread the email from Sony pretty much states they have no plans now to produce DVDs of FS, iTunes is a good way for folks in the US looking for the S1 eps to get them, since the DVDs that are out now are so expensive that it's hard for folks to afford them.

How much time would it take to email Henson and iTunes to suggest they offer the extras from the DVDs as well? Are you writing a novel? ;)

Gandom
February 7th, 2008, 10:19 AM
No kidding they're expensive, I shelled out nearly $200 for the season one box set...I felt like a fool when I picked up the rest of the series in the Starburst packs for less then the cost of season one.

Ladyinred
February 7th, 2008, 02:19 PM
No kidding they're expensive, I shelled out nearly $200 for the season one box set...I felt like a fool when I picked up the rest of the seriers in the Starburst packs for less then the cost of season one.

Season One is actually out of print and ADV doesn't have the rights to it anymore, that's why it's price is just cosmic.

joshing123
February 7th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Well considering that earlier in this thread the email from Sony pretty much states they have no plans now to produce DVDs of FS, iTunes is a good way for folks in the US looking for the S1 eps to get them, since the DVDs that are out now are so expensive that it's hard for folks to afford them.

How much time would it take to email Henson and iTunes to suggest they offer the extras from the DVDs as well? Are you writing a novel? ;)

Yes. And to find the address and write the letter - too much work. Plus I and many others don't use itunes. And while I do have a DVD recorder, not everyone does. Not everyone wants to watch it on a computer or knows how to hook a computer up to a tv if they don't etc. etc. etc.

Sarcasm is intended. Sorry. Had to be done. That last comment just screamed for it.

Besides, I already have the DVDs. Like I said, I prefer store bought, official packaging and everything that comes with it. While I have nothing against them being sold on i-tunes, the bigger the audience the better the chance for a miniseries, I don't want that to be all there is, however far in the future new ones may released. Then again, I also buy cds. The sound quality is much better.

SunKrux
February 8th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Yes. And to find the address and write the letter - too much work. Plus I and many others don't use itunes. And while I do have a DVD recorder, not everyone does. Not everyone wants to watch it on a computer or knows how to hook a computer up to a tv if they don't etc. etc. etc.

Sarcasm is intended. Sorry. Had to be done. That last comment just screamed for it.

btw, my last comment was sarcasm as well. :rolleyes:

So just because you and many others don't use iTunes you'd rather not go to them and say "Hey, it would be great if you did add the extras from the dvds"? Understood. Way to help encourage getting more exposure for FS, regardless of what you personally do.

Besides, I already have the DVDs. Like I said, I prefer store bought, official packaging and everything that comes with it. While I have nothing against them being sold on i-tunes, the bigger the audience the better the chance for a miniseries, I don't want that to be all there is, however far in the future new ones may released. Then again, I also buy cds. The sound quality is much better.

That's great that you already have the DVDS, I have them too, but I'm willing to promote the iTunes deal as well, especiallys since it really looks like Sony is NOT going to produce any new DVDs anytime soon. Original packaging is wonderful I agree, but for fans who can't afford the hellaciously priced original S1 DVDs that are available on eBay, iTunes is a great way for them to get the SHOW so they can watch it. I fear a lot of people are getting turned off of wanting to watch FS or even support it because the S1 sets are so spendy. I know I would.

It's just another option, I'm not saying anyone here has to take it, but don't shot it down because you'd rather have the original packaging or don't use iTunes. This is about getting the show we all LOVE more viewers, so it shouldn't matter HOW the viewers show up.

joshing123
February 10th, 2008, 07:26 AM
btw, my last comment was sarcasm as well. :rolleyes:

Couldn't tell. You're posts on the topic sound like you work for the i-tunes marketing department as it is. Not getting a little kickback there are you? (-: Maybe put a little picture or an s next time so people know your intended tone.

So just because you and many others don't use iTunes you'd rather not go to them and say "Hey, it would be great if you did add the extras from the dvds"? Understood. Way to help encourage getting more exposure for FS, regardless of what you personally do.

Actually - yes, because I want the DVDs. And if you can get it all on i-tunes, then it might hurt that possibility.

I fear a lot of people are getting turned off of wanting to watch FS or even support it because the S1 sets are so spendy. I know I would.

The hope is that the Sony DVDs will be more reasonably priced because they're a larger distributor than the last company.

SunKrux
February 10th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Couldn't tell. You're posts on the topic sound like you work for the i-tunes marketing department as it is. Not getting a little kickback there are you? (-: Maybe put a little picture or an s next time so people know your intended tone.

Yes actually I am getting a kick back, jealous? :P As for marking my posts to suit your needs...I'll think about it. :P

For me, it's about getting FS out there, doesn't matter if it's on DVD or on iTunes...get the exposure, get it out to the people. I honestly do not think that it being on iTunes - or where ever else it might show up - will hurt the chances of Sony producing more DVDs. I think they're waiting to see if it is still popular enough for them to waste their money on. Sadly right now I don't think they think it is worth wasting their money on. So....

Actually - yes, because I want the DVDs. And if you can get it all on i-tunes, then it might hurt that possibility.

OR the fact that it's so popular on iTunes might spark the slow arse Sony people to actually produce more DVDs.

The hope is that the Sony DVDs will be more reasonably priced because they're a larger distributor than the last company.

I hope that as well, but my faith in Sony to produce anything any time soon (and I mean with in the next couple of years - and so far they're not even thinking about it) is nill. I don't think Sony cares about FS, they just wanted the rights to the DVDs now that ADV no longer has them. It kinda feels like when SciLie held the rights to it for years after it was canceled. No one could do anything with it because SciLie owned the rights. Sadly the syndication didn't work all that well because it kept getting moved around so much that people got lost and couldn't figure out what was going on.

With them being on iTunes (and available on netflix still I believe) folks can watch them in order.

Jaguar029
February 11th, 2008, 05:54 AM

My thoughts on ithe iTunes deal is it is great for those with broadband connections but it doesn't help people like me still stuck on dial up connections because high speed is still unavailable or too expensive like most of the United States. Also it doesn't help with the library project to get Farscape DVDs into local libraries to expand the fanbase.

Downloading Farscape on iTunes can probably only help get DVDs out because it will show Sony there is a demand for Farscape. As far as I can tell newvideo.com has nothing to do with Sony and only has download rights for Farscape.

If you want to take pen in hand and let Sony know you want Season 1 out on DVD Farscape Canada their address last year. Companies pay more attention if you are willing to write a real letter.

Here's the address:
Customer Relations
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
10202 W. Washington Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90232

cavalierlwt
February 13th, 2008, 03:15 AM
The thing is the lack of information. Sony isn't going to tell us, and in fact isn't going to respond to anything short of a letter writing campaign that numbers in the tens of thousands. Even a few thousand letters would probably not illicit a response. Maybe they're about to produce the DVDs, maybe they'll never produce the DVDs. What it all comes down to is we are like ants and they are like human beings. They take no notice of us (under normal circumstances) and their motivations are simply out of our realm of logic and understanding. We're just ants after all! ;)

We have better odds of just knowing a friend of a friend of friend who just happens to an insider to that division. The writer's strike is over, when Farscape's webisodes hit the air, I think maybe we'll find out something then. If anyone goes to any sort of SciFi Con where the former stars of Farscape are signing autographs, be sure to ask them what's the buzz--odds are they'll know something since they're connected via royalties and such.

SunKrux
February 13th, 2008, 06:25 PM
<snipped by SunKrux>
We have better odds of just knowing a friend of a friend of friend who just happens to an insider to that division. The writer's strike is over, when Farscape's webisodes hit the air, I think maybe we'll find out something then. If anyone goes to any sort of SciFi Con where the former stars of Farscape are signing autographs, be sure to ask them what's the buzz--odds are they'll know something since they're connected via royalties and such.

The only people connected to FS that would know ANYTHING about the webisodes are going to be Rockne, Brian and David. The ACTORS will more than likely not know much more than we do, so please, do NOT ask them if they know what's going on. OR if they know, they may be under contract and CAN'T talk about it. Just a friendly suggestion. :D

Forseti
April 5th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Wow, I had just come to Gateworld to see if there was any chance of a cheaper release of Farscape :D I'm glad to hear that there's at least a chance.

Now, the whole iTunes thing--most people want a hard copy. I'll buy from Target or WalMart and pay double the price before I'll buy on iTunes (even though, in reality, most TV shows are much cheaper to buy in a box set than on iTunes).

LoneStar1836
April 5th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Is there a date that Season 4 will be acquired by Sony?

I have yet to buy the Season 4 Starburst editions and am wondering how much time I have left. I've looked in the past but wonder if anyone knows off hand when ADV will loose its rights to season 4.

Ladyinred
April 5th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Is there a date that Season 4 will be acquired by Sony?

Nope, and I'm afraid it won't happen in the near future.

I have yet to buy the Season 4 Starburst editions and am wondering how much time I have left. I've looked in the past but wonder if anyone knows off hand when ADV will loose its rights to season 4.

I suspect it's not gonna hapen until at least 2012. ADV still holds the rights for seasons 2-4. At the moment Sony owns the right for season 1 only and we still don't have any idea when they're going to release it.

poundpuppy29
April 13th, 2008, 02:09 PM
What I don't understand why is season 1 rights different than seasons 2 thru 4 why is that? I don't know why they are separated like this.

./freelancer
April 13th, 2008, 02:44 PM
What I don't understand why is season 1 rights different than seasons 2 thru 4 why is that? I don't know why they are separated like this.
Because Sony bought the rights for season 1, but not 2-4.

LoneStar1836
April 14th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Nope, and I'm afraid it won't happen in the near future.

I suspect it's not gonna hapen until at least 2012. ADV still holds the rights for seasons 2-4. At the moment Sony owns the right for season 1 only and we still don't have any idea when they're going to release it.Thanks for the info.

Because Sony bought the rights for season 1, but not 2-4.I thought I had read a while back that as ADV's rights for the other seasons expired, Sony would pick them up.

That's why I wondered how long I had to buy Season 4 as I could never find a definitive date even though I've seen some others comment that S2 expires this year, s3 next, and S4 the next year. Course I don't remember where I read that or if it was correct information.

Ladyinred
April 14th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the info.

I thought I had read a while back that as ADV's rights for the other seasons expired, Sony would pick them up.

There wasn't the official statement about it yet like it was with the first season, so we don't know for sure. Seasons 2 - 4 DVDs are still available at ADV's site, so I guess they still hold the rights for these. Sony picked the rights up for season 1 in January 2007, so my guess is that they'll probably pick the second season up at the beginning of 2009.

cavalierlwt
May 19th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Have no fear folks. I figured it would take Sony forever (if ever?) to release Farscape on DVD. So, I broke down last night and ordered all the DVDs except Season One on Amazon.com. Soooo, Murphy's Law should kick in within a few weeks, and Sony should suddenly announce a DVD release of all seasons, at a great price, with tons of extras! Trust me, Murphy's Law will kick in and I'll be re-buying these DVDs. No need to thank me folks. :D

Trek_Girl42
May 20th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Why would Sony hold them back? What possible advantage could there be to that!

*sigh* Still stuck on the final ten episodes of the series, and have been for nearly a year. I've shoved my copy of Peacekeeper Wars that I've owned for nearly two years and been unable to watch, away to the back of my shelf. Even if I somehow eventually find a way to watch those last ten episodes, it's been so long since I last saw any of the show that I can't remember what last happened! :rolleyes:

It's beyond my monetary means at the moment anyway, but like just about every American show minus a few unremarkable exceptions, the show isn't even available on itunes up here (thank the frakking CRTC :rolleyes:), so even those who could afford to go buying it all that way can't get it!

It's just horribly annoying that quality shows get put in this crap situation where people can't enjoy them. :mad:

Ladyinred
May 20th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Why would Sony hold them back? What possible advantage could there be to that!

*sigh* Still stuck on the final ten episodes of the series, and have been for nearly a year. I've shoved my copy of Peacekeeper Wars that I've owned for nearly two years and been unable to watch, away to the back of my shelf. Even if I somehow eventually find a way to watch those last ten episodes, it's been so long since I last saw any of the show that I can't remember what last happened! :rolleyes:

It's beyond my monetary means at the moment anyway, but like just about every American show minus a few unremarkable exceptions, the show isn't even available on itunes up here (thank the frakking CRTC :rolleyes:), so even those who could afford to go buying it all that way can't get it!

It's just horribly annoying that quality shows get put in this crap situation where people can't enjoy them. :mad:

e-mail iTunes in Canada that Canadian fans will be happy if Farscape is available at iTunes in your country.

cavalierlwt
May 20th, 2008, 06:34 AM
I don't think Sony has anything against Farscape, just that they're not excited about it like we are. They purchased the rights to Farscape, probably along with the rights to many other shows/movies. Then they decide when/if/which of those rights they will exercise. Releasing Farscape is simply an option to them, one of many. I would imagine Farscape will eventually get released, it just could be another year, it could be another 5 years.

Doesn't it hurt though to walk by the DVD aisle and see some obscure crap show with a nice new DVD boxed set of all their seasons? Some generic show that never made a ripple, just lasted 2-3 years and faded out, but for some reasons the Power That Be decide to produce the complete catalog of it instead of something like Farscape. Freaks and Geeks got the same poor treatment IMHO, no major label distributed it, the fans had to push to get a 2nd tier type company to release the DVD--much like Farscape with ADV video.

Ladyinred
May 20th, 2008, 07:09 AM
I don't think Sony has anything against Farscape, just that they're not excited about it like we are. They purchased the rights to Farscape, probably along with the rights to many other shows/movies. Then they decide when/if/which of those rights they will exercise. Releasing Farscape is simply an option to them, one of many. I would imagine Farscape will eventually get released, it just could be another year, it could be another 5 years.

Doesn't it hurt though to walk by the DVD aisle and see some obscure crap show with a nice new DVD boxed set of all their seasons? Some generic show that never made a ripple, just lasted 2-3 years and faded out, but for some reasons the Power That Be decide to produce the complete catalog of it instead of something like Farscape. Freaks and Geeks got the same poor treatment IMHO, no major label distributed it, the fans had to push to get a 2nd tier type company to release the DVD--much like Farscape with ADV video.

I believe Sony laboratories have a lot of work with cleaning Farscape's masters, so they can produce Blu Ray DVDs. Plus, we still didn't hear about getting rights for seasons 2 - 4. Plus, I believe Sony labs have tons of TV series/movies to work on, Farscape is just one among MANY and probably has to wait in the queue.

Trek_Girl42
May 20th, 2008, 04:53 PM
e-mail iTunes in Canada that Canadian fans will be happy if Farscape is available at iTunes in your country.
Won't do a thing- Canadians have been clamoring ever since itunes in the USA introduced tvshows for download just to get anything at all, but due to the mixture of rights bought by Canadian broadcasters, the absolute idiocity that the CRTC continues to display through their regulations (which I think is the reason for the first point as well- but it's difficult to find any information on any of this), and who knows what else, 99% of American shows still cannot be downloaded legally in Canada. The only ones that I know of for sure that we can get are South Park, The Hills (haven't a clue what that is), and Avatar the Last Airbender. And then of course a crapload of mostly mediocre Canadian programming from CBC and CTV that's easy for us to watch anyway because anyone with a tv has CBC and most have CTV. :rolleyes: It's an absolute mess, but then corporations like Bell are crying foul and stalling internet speeds for their users when they resort to using torrents for content that simply isn't made available legally in our country- up here if you miss your show you're out of luck unless you download illegally, (or it's one of a very small handful (like Heroes) that might be broadcasted from the channel's website for a week. But when I tried that for something the video play just didn't work properly on two different computers!) and yet everyone's whining when we do because we have no other option than to wait for DVDs (which are more expensive than the US). So unfortunately the chances of us getting Farscape are extremely slim to none, because as far as I've heard itunes won't be selling tv shows or movies to us anywhere in the near future, and as I understand it's more of a problem to do with outdated regulations rather than itunes themselves. :(

LoneStar1836
May 21st, 2008, 06:16 PM
Won't do a thing- Canadians have been clamoring ever since itunes in the USA introduced tvshows for download just to get anything at all, but due to the mixture of rights bought by Canadian broadcasters, the absolute idiocity that the CRTC continues to display through their regulations (which I think is the reason for the first point as well- but it's difficult to find any information on any of this), and who knows what else, 99% of American shows still cannot be downloaded legally in Canada. The only ones that I know of for sure that we can get are South Park, The Hills (haven't a clue what that is), and Avatar the Last Airbender. And then of course a crapload of mostly mediocre Canadian programming from CBC and CTV that's easy for us to watch anyway because anyone with a tv has CBC and most have CTV. :rolleyes: It's an absolute mess, but then corporations like Bell are crying foul and stalling internet speeds for their users when they resort to using torrents for content that simply isn't made available legally in our country- up here if you miss your show you're out of luck unless you download illegally, (or it's one of a very small handful (like Heroes) that might be broadcasted from the channel's website for a week. But when I tried that for something the video play just didn't work properly on two different computers!) and yet everyone's whining when we do because we have no other option than to wait for DVDs (which are more expensive than the US). So unfortunately the chances of us getting Farscape are extremely slim to none, because as far as I've heard itunes won't be selling tv shows or movies to us anywhere in the near future, and as I understand it's more of a problem to do with outdated regulations rather than itunes themselves. :(And you absolutely do not want to know what that is! Why anyone would pay to dl that is beyond me. :S Utter drivel that is mind numbingly stupid to put it mildly. It's some kind of soapish show that shows on MTV. I only know about it b/c I watch The Soup on the E! channel which loves to make fun of it.

Anywho....

It totally sucks that our closest neighbor is subjected to such stupid regulations about legally dl'ing tv shows or viewing content on sites like skiffy, etc. You would think NAFTA could help with that. ;):D

poundpuppy29
July 8th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Have no fear folks. I figured it would take Sony forever (if ever?) to release Farscape on DVD. So, I broke down last night and ordered all the DVDs except Season One on Amazon.com. Soooo, Murphy's Law should kick in within a few weeks, and Sony should suddenly announce a DVD release of all seasons, at a great price, with tons of extras! Trust me, Murphy's Law will kick in and I'll be re-buying these DVDs. No need to thank me folks. :D
No no no I tell ya when I finally get the first season a little over 200 U.S. dollars that's when the complete series with PK Wars and tons of extras will be released by Sony I tell ya. Right now I have seasons 2,3,4 and the PK wars Sony is waiting for me to buy it so Murphy can laugh at me.;)

Ladyinred
July 8th, 2008, 03:07 PM
No no no I tell ya when I finally get the first season a little over 200 U.S. dollars that's when the complete series with PK Wars and tons of extras will be released by Sony I tell ya. Right now I have seasons 2,3,4 and the PK wars Sony is waiting for me to buy it so Murphy can laugh at me.;)

I have both Region 1 and 2 releases of all 4 seasons (and some discs from my Region 2 release are in need of replacement) and PKW miniseries, but I'm definitely going to buy the new release from Sony or any other company (the recent rumours among Scapers at another board were that it's MGM/Fox who is going to release Farscape DVDs now) if it's going to be packed with tons of extras :D

shogun
August 27th, 2008, 09:25 PM
this is rilly depressing im a sci fi fanatic but i tottaly missed the whole farscape bus. I first learned of it trough stargate and when i go to buy um i find out there 12o bucks sorry theres no way i can do that. sad but it looks like will be waiting years to see them again. sony needs to get off its butt and release them this is such a cash cow its like they dont want my money? please if any one hears any thing post it

Selena
September 8th, 2008, 01:29 PM
We need to be sending Sony love notes to please produce the series on DVD again. Anyone have the addy to write to? Snail mail works the best.

mrmimmo7
September 30th, 2008, 01:34 PM
go on Amazon and look up Farscape Blue ray DVD, you will be able to sign up for notification of availability, Rumor has it that Sony is checking for feedback on whether they should come out with the Farscape dvds on Blu-ray,so sign up

./freelancer
September 30th, 2008, 03:37 PM
go on Amazon and look up Farscape Blue ray DVD, you will be able to sign up for notification of availability, Rumor has it that Sony is checking for feedback on whether they should come out with the Farscape dvds on Blu-ray,so sign up
Could you give me a link? I can't find anything...

LoneStar1836
September 30th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Here you go. (http://www.amazon.com/Farscape-1999-TVseries-Blu-ray-Tilse/dp/B00198X0VI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1222814913&sr=1-1) That should work. (Course that's for the US Amazon site.)

I signed up even though, atm, I have no interest in a Blu-ray version. Just give me some regular print Season 1 dvds....

./freelancer
September 30th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Here you go. (http://www.amazon.com/Farscape-1999-TVseries-Blu-ray-Tilse/dp/B00198X0VI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1222814913&sr=1-1) That should work. (Course that's for the US Amazon site.)

I signed up even though, atm, I have no interest in a Blu-ray version. Just give me some regular print Season 1 dvds....
Thanks!

the Fifth Race
October 1st, 2008, 05:23 AM
I'm on it!. I have been hoping that Farscape would make it Blu-Ray Hi-Def DVD. I will pre-order the entire collection if they decide to do it. :)

./freelancer
October 1st, 2008, 06:24 AM
Yeah, I signed up aswell. I'll have to order a blu-ray player and hi-def tv too though, but...totally worth it :D

LordAnubis82
October 1st, 2008, 10:47 AM
will the new Starbust Edition be re-released in the new thinpak (like Stargate)??? if they did i'd buy them.

LoneStar1836
October 1st, 2008, 03:12 PM
will the new Starbust Edition be re-released in the new thinpak (like Stargate)??? if they did i'd buy them.
Atm, there are no plans for a re-release of the Starburst Editions.

ADV which had owned the rights to the show let their license expire so no one is producing any Farscape dvds right now. And who knows when Sony will ever get around to it.

Starbase
October 2nd, 2008, 07:33 PM
I'm on it!. I have been hoping that Farscape would make it Blu-Ray Hi-Def DVD. I will pre-order the entire collection if they decide to do it. :)I also went over and signed in. I'm with you brother Fifth Race, would also buy any and all Farscape on Blu-Ray.