This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A story idea!

Okay, so I got an idea while brushing my teeth this morning, (I know how sad).

So, a Wraith cruise ship arrives at a planet that Sheppard and co were on, doing negotiations, they escape on the Puddlejumper to head up to the space gate that orbits the planet, the Wraith cruiser detected them and fired a shot which disabled their cloaking ability. Dodging the incoming fire from above, Sheppard skilfully flies the spacecraft at alternating veers and pitches and in due time, they exit the planet's atmosphere. With Wraith darts about, Sheppard orders McKay to dial the gate back to Atlantis but just when McKay finishes the dialling sequence, the cruiser fired a series of shots which short circuits the DHD, and because of their close proximity, the gate gets hit as well but the gate opens anyway. The team thought nothing of it and they enter it to only arrive at some place that resembled Atlantis but looks different, covered in webs and looked run down, they soon find out they are in the future and in a parallel dimension....

A bit too sci-fi cheesy? Or could it be an idea?

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post

So, a Wraith cruise ship arrives at a planet that Sheppard and co were on, doing negotiations, they escape on the Puddlejumper to head up to the space gate that orbits the planet, the Wraith cruiser detected them and fired a shot which disabled their cloaking ability. Dodging the incoming fire from above, Sheppard skilfully flies the spacecraft at alternating veers and pitches and in due time, they exit the planet's atmosphere. With Wraith darts about, Sheppard orders McKay to dial the gate back to Atlantis but just when McKay finishes the dialling sequence, the cruiser fired a series of shots which short circuits the DHD, and because of their close proximity, the gate gets hit as well but the gate opens anyway. The team thought nothing of it and they enter it to only arrive at some place that resembled Atlantis but looks different, covered in webs and looked run down, they soon find out they are in the future and in a parallel dimension....

Ironically, the fact that you posted it, now makes it legally impossible for it to be used. Like ever.
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

I don't mind they use the idea as long as they notify me and credit it to me, LOL

But you're right, this would be the start of cheap free writer labour and that wouldn't be fair for current show writers, plus other legal issues...

Oh well, if anyone working for the show take my idea and not notify me, ooh someone's gonna be dead meat!
      Last edited by JackHarkness_Hot; 23 February 2008, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Sounds kinda like what happens in
        Spoiler:
        The Last Man
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
          Ironically, the fact that you posted it, now makes it legally impossible for it to be used. Like ever.
          It's not like they're open-minded enough to take suggestions anyway

Anyway, it could be a good premise to a plot but what they do and what happens inside will be the most interesting

Comment

Ten thousand years and it didn't look run down and covered in cobwebs. It would be inconsistent.

Other than that, wondering what the science behind that would be
            : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
            : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Never say never. Nintendo did use my idea to create a Zelda spin-off RPG based on Tingle...

Comment

Originally posted by SG13-NightOps View Post
                Ten thousand years and it didn't look run down and covered in cobwebs. It would be inconsistent.

Other than that, wondering what the science behind that would be
                I suppose... but Atlantis could be crashed onto the shore.

And yeah, it does sound a lot like

Spoiler:
                The Last Man
                doesn't it?

Comment

See how hard it is to come up with original ideas, especially for Stargate?

Comment

An Alternate Universe sounds good. An overload of energy in the DHD could... ... ... reverse the polarity of the tachyon fields, causing a matrix singularity to feedback into the Stargate's buffers and send the PJ into an Alternate Universe, maybe?....

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      See how hard it is to come up with original ideas, especially for Stargate?
                      defanilty because of 11 years of stargate most orginal storys have been done lol
                      sigpic
                      [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Originally posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
                        defanilty because of 11 years of stargate most orginal storys have been done lol
                        Aint that the truth.
                        Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Not for some, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
                            14 years

sg1 -10

sga 4
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              14 years

sg1 -10

sga 4
                              i get your point but its really 11 because 3 season of atlantis were shown at same time as sg1 but really there are 14 years of both because all the different story lines
                              sigpic
                              [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Working...
                              X