PDA

View Full Version : A story idea!

JackHarkness_Hot
February 23rd, 2008, 01:41 AM
Okay, so I got an idea while brushing my teeth this morning, (I know how sad).

So, a Wraith cruise ship arrives at a planet that Sheppard and co were on, doing negotiations, they escape on the Puddlejumper to head up to the space gate that orbits the planet, the Wraith cruiser detected them and fired a shot which disabled their cloaking ability. Dodging the incoming fire from above, Sheppard skilfully flies the spacecraft at alternating veers and pitches and in due time, they exit the planet's atmosphere. With Wraith darts about, Sheppard orders McKay to dial the gate back to Atlantis but just when McKay finishes the dialling sequence, the cruiser fired a series of shots which short circuits the DHD, and because of their close proximity, the gate gets hit as well but the gate opens anyway. The team thought nothing of it and they enter it to only arrive at some place that resembled Atlantis but looks different, covered in webs and looked run down, they soon find out they are in the future and in a parallel dimension....

A bit too sci-fi cheesy? Or could it be an idea? :)

Detox
February 23rd, 2008, 01:43 AM

So, a Wraith cruise ship arrives at a planet that Sheppard and co were on, doing negotiations, they escape on the Puddlejumper to head up to the space gate that orbits the planet, the Wraith cruiser detected them and fired a shot which disabled their cloaking ability. Dodging the incoming fire from above, Sheppard skilfully flies the spacecraft at alternating veers and pitches and in due time, they exit the planet's atmosphere. With Wraith darts about, Sheppard orders McKay to dial the gate back to Atlantis but just when McKay finishes the dialling sequence, the cruiser fired a series of shots which short circuits the DHD, and because of their close proximity, the gate gets hit as well but the gate opens anyway. The team thought nothing of it and they enter it to only arrive at some place that resembled Atlantis but looks different, covered in webs and looked run down, they soon find out they are in the future and in a parallel dimension....

Ironically, the fact that you posted it, now makes it legally impossible for it to be used. Like ever.

JackHarkness_Hot
February 23rd, 2008, 01:46 AM
I don't mind they use the idea as long as they notify me and credit it to me, LOL

But you're right, this would be the start of cheap free writer labour and that wouldn't be fair for current show writers, plus other legal issues... :lol:

Oh well, if anyone working for the show take my idea and not notify me, ooh someone's gonna be dead meat! :D

The_Carpenter
February 23rd, 2008, 06:56 AM

Sounds kinda like what happens in The Last Man

Reiko
February 24th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Ironically, the fact that you posted it, now makes it legally impossible for it to be used. Like ever.

It's not like they're open-minded enough to take suggestions anyway :P

Anyway, it could be a good premise to a plot but what they do and what happens inside will be the most interesting :P

SG13-NightOps
February 25th, 2008, 12:42 AM

Ten thousand years and it didn't look run down and covered in cobwebs. It would be inconsistent.

Other than that, wondering what the science behind that would be :mckayanime18:

Aewon
February 25th, 2008, 10:28 AM

Never say never. Nintendo did use my idea to create a Zelda spin-off RPG based on Tingle...

JackHarkness_Hot
March 1st, 2008, 01:54 PM
Ten thousand years and it didn't look run down and covered in cobwebs. It would be inconsistent.

Other than that, wondering what the science behind that would be :mckayanime18:

I suppose... but Atlantis could be crashed onto the shore.

And yeah, it does sound a lot like

The Last Man doesn't it? :(

PG15
March 1st, 2008, 05:40 PM
See how hard it is to come up with original ideas, especially for Stargate? ;)

The Prophet
March 1st, 2008, 05:43 PM
An Alternate Universe sounds good. An overload of energy in the DHD could... ... ... reverse the polarity of the tachyon fields, causing a matrix singularity to feedback into the Stargate's buffers and send the PJ into an Alternate Universe, maybe?.... ;)

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 2nd, 2008, 11:26 AM
See how hard it is to come up with original ideas, especially for Stargate? ;)

defanilty because of 11 years of stargate most orginal storys have been done lol

FN-P90
March 2nd, 2008, 12:07 PM
defanilty because of 11 years of stargate most orginal storys have been done lol

Aint that the truth.

PG15
March 2nd, 2008, 12:25 PM
Not for some, unfortunately.

Pharaoh Atem
March 2nd, 2008, 12:27 PM

14 years

sg1 -10

sga 4

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 2nd, 2008, 12:30 PM
14 years

sg1 -10

sga 4

i get your point but its really 11 because 3 season of atlantis were shown at same time as sg1 but really there are 14 years of both because all the different story lines

JackHarkness_Hot
March 8th, 2008, 02:19 AM
LOL!

Ah well, if they wanna go to the future and make the episode a comedy like SG-1's "1969", this could always be another method of delivery. :D

jdog
March 8th, 2008, 09:06 AM
How about an alt timeline where the humans feed on the wraith and the wraith are a bunch of pansies.

The Prophet
March 9th, 2008, 06:35 PM
the wraith are a bunch of pansies.

You don't have to leave the Universe to see that being true... :rolleyes:

JackHarkness_Hot
October 16th, 2008, 05:58 AM
So looking through past threads for my own amusement, I thought "The Last Man" draws some parallel to this idea, of course the episode was written first before this.

But I had an another interesting idea just now while playing Microsoft Flight Simulator X (I'm a plane-buff) and the idea is where some of the members like Rodney, Sheppard and Teyla of Atlantis were on a newly built Air Force One (say the Airbus A380-900 variant) with the President discussing their accomplishments when an agent of a Wraith-Gou'ald formed alliance who has infiltrated the plane begin sabotages via her disgusting Wraith creatures that she fires out out of her hand, at first all seemed normal until they realised the plane is unresponsive, flying no where, the comms weren't working to signal for help, for those on the ground, all seemed normal. The people onboard believed the plane was experiencing hiccups until they find who the infiltrator is -- a genetically-modified Wraith Queen augmented to fire out these disgusting Wraith creatures from her hand that can kill by suffocating or eating its victims, or acts as organic relays on circuits and sending false info out to the ground.

Rodney working round the clock to modified a subspace beacon from a dead colleague, by hacking it out, manages to get a brief message to SGC, until a dampening field comes on, in effect caused by these creatures, the SGC sends a Puddlejumper to rescue them, Sheppard keeps the Queen occupied while the rest of the onboard staff open an emergency door and jump onto the Jumper. Sheppard was the last one to jump, they fire a drone at the engines, the Wraith Queen screams - "Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

KABLOOIE! The former AF One - Airbus A380-900 explodes in the air.

Now how's that for originality? :D