PDA

View Full Version : Clone or Replicator

KiLL3r
February 23rd, 2008, 01:49 AM
Carsons got to be one of them doesnt he? There isnt many other ways that he can be brought back to life. Unless the other carson was a clone!??

next week cant come soon enough

Detox
February 23rd, 2008, 02:20 AM
Carsons got to be one of them doesnt he? There isnt many other ways that he can be brought back to life. Unless the other carson was a clone!??

next week cant come soon enough

Nope. It's good ole' Carson.

2ndgenerationalteran
February 23rd, 2008, 02:21 AM
JM said niether, real flesh and blood nonclone or something. Im guessing saved data on a dart though hes never been on one or some kind of swap.

MattSilver 3k
February 23rd, 2008, 02:28 AM
I'm going to guess one thing: Carson does not know what he is. Nobody will find out - he's just there.

Detox
February 23rd, 2008, 02:34 AM
I'm going to guess one thing: Carson does not know what he is. Nobody will find out - he's just there.

What he is? What is he? A clone? A replicator?

No. It's Carson. I'm guessing the Carson that died was a fake.

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 23rd, 2008, 03:00 AM

how could he be a fake he was magically caputred by micheal just before the events of sunday happened

melfan
February 23rd, 2008, 03:35 AM
how could he be a fake he was magically caputred by micheal just before the events of sunday happened

A bit spoilerish
according to next week promo, he's the real carson becket. And he finds out there was another him, that died in an explosion.

We all have to wait and see until next week ep what will happen. I don't wanna speculate if he's the real one or not. But I hope he's the real deal!

elbo
February 23rd, 2008, 05:30 AM
He can't be the original Carson. Michael hadn't the cloning technology on that planet, so the only possible explanation is that he took a DNA sample from the original Carson, before they rescue him and cloned him later. The new Carson is a clone, but good to have him back.

lady123
February 23rd, 2008, 06:22 AM
he's got to be a clone. they said the way they bring Carson back has never been done before and they've done replicators with sam...of course there was the million ba'als. i'm with you, i can't wait for friday.:replicatoranime01::beckettanime14:

Starxgate
February 23rd, 2008, 06:43 AM
If Carson is anything but human there is going to be another fan campaign :S

talyn2k1
February 23rd, 2008, 06:52 AM
Its possible that Michael got hold of a DNA sample, cloned a new Carson, then performed the switch out sometime before Sunday.

Any ideas how much time passed between Michael's first appearance and his last Sunday? That would give us an idea of how much time he would've had from his first possible opportunity to get a DNA sample, to the death of the other Carson.

I'm certain that the Carson we saw last night is the real one and the Carson that died was a clone.

SG13-NightOps
February 23rd, 2008, 07:25 AM
my best guess is that since we know that wraith have cloning technology, the "well done" Carson was a clone.

Its possible that Michael got hold of a DNA sample, cloned a new Carson, then performed the switch out sometime before Sunday.

Any ideas how much time passed between Michael's first appearance and his last Sunday? That would give us an idea of how much time he would've had from his first possible opportunity to get a DNA sample, to the death of the other Carson.

I'm certain that the Carson we saw last night is the real one and the Carson that died was a clone.

In Misbegotten, Carson was stuck on the planet with Michael for 2 days as a prisoner before the team turned up.

melfan
February 23rd, 2008, 07:33 AM
my best guess is that since we know that wraith have cloning technology, the "well done" Carson was a clone.

In Misbegotten, Carson was stuck on the planet with Michael for 2 days as a prisoner before the team turned up.

Yea I know, Michael could have done something then! because he was a sleep or what ever when they found him

Seftrex
February 23rd, 2008, 07:56 AM
Yea I know, Michael could have done something then! because he was a sleep or what ever when they found him

Yep, that is exactly what I have been thinking.

Sunday Carson must of been a clone, the preview pretty much prooves it in one sense.

Rodney states that he is not a Repli-Human, if he was they would of detected it so thats the whole Repli-Carson out the window.

The logical course is that they went down the clone route and the episode where we find out that the Wraith clone there troops, was pretty much a foreshadow of the Kindred.

Also the way Carson acts as though he has been waiting for them for ages, it makes you think that he was kidnapped or something along those lines.

Atleast thats what I think :P

Vala_M
February 23rd, 2008, 08:10 AM
I agree. But when would Michael have been able to capture and clone Dr. Beckett? Does this mean that he was captured since early season 3?

Vala,

melfan
February 23rd, 2008, 08:29 AM
I agree. But when would Michael have been able to capture and clone Dr. Beckett? Does this mean that he was captured since early season 3?

Vala,

If he was captured in Missbegotten, first ep in season 3, he would have waited 1,5 -2 years to be rescued! Man, that's a long time!

Major_Griff
February 23rd, 2008, 09:01 AM
Although Misbegotten would make sense since that's the last time Becket and Mikey were together, I don't think they knew they were gonna kill him off when they wrote that. Plus didn't JM say they wrote an escape hatch to bring him back into late S3? So there must be some clue in the episodes surrounding Sunday.

February 23rd, 2008, 09:10 AM
i would lean more toward the clone theory and i believe that the one from "...and you won't believe what happens in the last five minutes" ( :mckay: ) is it.
i think that the ACTUAL carson met is fate in "sunday" but michael was able to make a clone with carson's memories (misbegotten) who believes that he is the original.

on a side note, what is up with michael and his weirdness with tela? :tealcanime49:

metabog
February 23rd, 2008, 09:24 AM
This:

Michael replaced Carson with a clone, and took the real one. They were both real Carsons, but their lives efectively split up when he was Cloned. Theoretically, he should be reinstated as chief of medical if he is returned.

mudbloodpotter
February 23rd, 2008, 09:49 AM
i don't know what to think but i had a vision of what is to come.........ok so i didn't have a vision but i had a idea.

what if the carson is a replicator......now hold on. don't jump on me yet,

we know that he was moved to reaccuring status for season five. what if....he is going to be replacing tori higgins as the lead replicator. we know she pulled out and the writers have said that her not coming back is ok cause we can work around that. (not word for word but i found that bit here on gateworld)

so this is the reason he is a rep. cause he will be starting the plan weir mentioned at the close of that ep after all the reps were destroyed.

Firespray
February 23rd, 2008, 09:55 AM
I've always thought that the Carson that died was a clone after I heard that this was going to be the real him. If they explain what happened in next week's episode, they'll probably do some flashback to a season 3 episode explaining what went down.

Seftrex
February 23rd, 2008, 09:57 AM
i don't know what to think but i had a vision of what is to come.........ok so i didn't have a vision but i had a idea.

what if the carson is a replicator......now hold on. don't jump on me yet,

we know that he was moved to reaccuring status for season five. what if....he is going to be replacing tori higgins as the lead replicator. we know she pulled out and the writers have said that her not coming back is ok cause we can work around that. (not word for word but i found that bit here on gateworld)

so this is the reason he is a rep. cause he will be starting the plan weir mentioned at the close of that ep after all the reps were destroyed.

In the preview for Kindred Part 2, Mckay says that Carson is not a Replicator, the tests would of found something if he was.

[SGC_ReplicŇtors]
February 23rd, 2008, 12:40 PM
I like to throw my 2 cents of thought into this
Im sorry if someone has already said this, Maybe he ascended just before he got cooked on sunday, and maybe had a similar path like Daniel Jackson with the interfering with the lower plain and got casted back down with all his memories intact.

Mitchell82
February 23rd, 2008, 12:48 PM
This:

Michael replaced Carson with a clone, and took the real one. They were both real Carsons, but their lives efectively split up when he was Cloned. Theoretically, he should be reinstated as chief of medical if he is returned.

That is the most likely scenario. I don't want him being reinstated as CMO though. Keller has more than earned it IMO.

mikeroq
February 23rd, 2008, 01:07 PM
This is the end all answer! He is NOT a replicator, nor did he ascend.

"While Dr. Beckett is not a regular character in Season 4, he returns to Stargate Atlantis in the two-part Season 4 episode The Kindred; Carson appears at the end of the first episode, where he is discovered in a holding cell inside a base held by Michael's followers. According to an earlier interview with producer Joe Mallozzi it is Carson Beckett in the flesh, and not a version of Beckett from an alternate universe or from the past. It has also been confirmed that Beckett did not ascend upon his death, meaning that when McKay talked to him at the end of Sunday was in McKay's imagination.

Mallozzi said that he regretted killing off Dr. Beckett after he saw the fans' reactions, and thought up a way to bring him back. Mallozzi said that there's a 'clue' in a late-Season 3 episode about Beckett."

"In a press release [22] on February 5, it was mentioned that Beckett will return for a total of five episodes in season 5."

Mitchell82
February 23rd, 2008, 01:11 PM
This is the end all answer! He is NOT a replicator, nor did he ascend.

"While Dr. Beckett is not a regular character in Season 4, he returns to Stargate Atlantis in the two-part Season 4 episode The Kindred; Carson appears at the end of the first episode, where he is discovered in a holding cell inside a base held by Michael's followers. According to an earlier interview with producer Joe Mallozzi it is Carson Beckett in the flesh, and not a version of Beckett from an alternate universe or from the past. It has also been confirmed that Beckett did not ascend upon his death, meaning that when McKay talked to him at the end of Sunday was in McKay's imagination.

Mallozzi said that he regretted killing off Dr. Beckett after he saw the fans' reactions, and thought up a way to bring him back. Mallozzi said that there's a 'clue' in a late-Season 3 episode about Beckett."

"In a press release [22] on February 5, it was mentioned that Beckett will return for a total of five episodes in season 5."
He could still be a clone but I think it is the real beckett.

andy tyler
February 23rd, 2008, 02:39 PM
i think it is the "real" beckett. I think in misbegotten, Michael captured the real one and replaced him with a clone. How? don't ask me. Ever since, this real beckett has been helping mike with his viruses and all that sort of stuff.

Ondine
February 23rd, 2008, 03:58 PM
Been reviewing S3 episodes and I may have a technology to fit the bill. Using the people storage tech from the Ark, plus some wraith hacking, Michael could have come up with a plan to "beam out" Beckett...save the data...and "beam him back" while saving a copy of his "code". He would have been able to learn of the hoffman virus from the stolen info they snagged during the wraith "alliance" and kept that trump card to himself.

If a human people could figure out how to do what they did in the Ark using wraith tech, then Michael, smart as he is (and maybe with a little asurian help) could surely figure out how to rig up a nice "people xerox machine". While Beckett was wandering round to find someone to fish with him, would be a perfect time to slip in, since no one was on guard, and make a Carson-carbon copy...since beaming takes virtually no time, a quick beam-copy-beam could be done very quickly and who is to know? Then he beams the copy in and out of storage as needed to work on the virus with some false info to make him believe he is the only Beckett and that he is working with Michael towards a solution to the Wraith problem.

What do ya'll think about that story line?:teyla:

Cynycal
February 23rd, 2008, 04:39 PM
I wish carson would be in more than 5 eps of season 5 personally, but I'm glad to have him back nomatter what the form, I agree that the one that died in sunday was likely a copy though, just based on what I've read..and I could be wrong, here's to wishful thinking.

EcL1pZ
February 23rd, 2008, 05:54 PM
Well its confirmed, its him. I guess no more speculation. Since it was ruled out that he wasn't a replicator, he was a clone. No other options remain since ascension was out of the equation (if we thought he was the original who died)

Jumper_One
February 23rd, 2008, 06:02 PM
But resurrected he will be -- though we don't yet know how. Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi has told fans that it will be Carson Beckett in the flesh who returns, and not an ascended being, a time-traveler, or alternate universe version of the character.
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/02/mcgillion_returns_to_istargate_a.shtml

it's either a clone or the real Carson (I'm definitely hoping for the latter)

TheDave545
February 23rd, 2008, 06:33 PM
It was my understanding that the wraith didnt have the beaming tech that the daedalus has, and if thats the case then wouldnt a dart have had to have flown in or around atlantis then beamed beckett up then beam the clone down, (this is the clone theory everyone keeps goin on about im addressing here), if this is the case then seams very unlikely where this was where the switch took place as atlantis would have detected the dart way before it arrived.

I do like the other theory that when michael had him prisoner for that time the switch could have been made then, this seems the only plausible theory.

But clone or not, Becketts back, even though it may be 5 episodes next season i am absolutely chuffed, great actor, great character, glad to have him back.

JSPuddlejumper
February 23rd, 2008, 06:39 PM
Clearly he is a Ferengi!

Just look at his ears!

GateTrek2004
February 23rd, 2008, 09:05 PM
A bit spoilerish
according to next week promo, he's the real carson becket. And he finds out there was another him, that died in an explosion.

We all have to wait and see until next week ep what will happen. I don't wanna speculate if he's the real one or not. But I hope he's the real deal!

Thats what i was thinking! Thatthe carson that died in sunday was a clone and this carson is the real deal! Put in spoilers just in case!

GateTrek2004
February 23rd, 2008, 09:10 PM
This:

As much as I would LOVE for him to, he won't be seeing as Dr. Keller is Full Time Member next year and He will be coming back for only 5 episodes next season.

nx01a
February 23rd, 2008, 10:57 PM
I hope the 'resurrected' Carson is a clone, or a Wraith beaming duplicate, or something. Has Carson ever been zapped up by a Wraith dart? I can't remember. I doubt he's RepliCarson, that's been done to death and I don't know how Michael would get his hands on a RepliCarson to begin with. Perhaps he, like every other smart [i.e. non-human] person, was pillaging Asuras just before it blew. :P
I'd hate to think the selfless man in Sunday was actually not quite real. Besides, it'll raise wonderful issues for the team if he's not 'real'. How would he adjust to life knowing he's not the 'real' Carson? How would his friends? More importantly, how would the IOA/SGC/etc. react to him? That would explain his few episodes coming up.

Jeffala
February 23rd, 2008, 11:06 PM
Theoretically, he should be reinstated as chief of medical if he is returned.

Really? You think that a person who's been held in enemy hands for 1-2 years is really trustworthy?

Even if he is the real Carson and not a clone or Repli-whatever, can he be trusted? What was done to him in those years? Was he brainwashed? Is he the Atlantis version of Rya'c with deadly chemicals in his teeth?

Michael said that he had help with the Hoffan drug. Was Carson the help? Would you want someone on staff who helped Michael kill thousands of people? And it is murder. It's nothing like Hoff. They chose to take the drug. The people that Michael infected didn't. Do you consider Carson an accessory to murder? The case could be made.

"He was forced to do it!"

He could have refused.

"He'd have been killed!"

And?

DmitriWillguard
February 23rd, 2008, 11:48 PM

He could have refused.

"He'd have been killed!"

And?

Carson would rather die, methinks. He said it himself during Poisoning the Well: "First, do no harm."

meezergater
February 24th, 2008, 02:06 AM
"In a press release [22] on February 5, it was mentioned that Beckett will return for a total of five episodes in season 5"

It was said that he signed for 5 episodes in season 5 to begin with!
Joe answered also in his Blogg that when a briljant idea for a 6th episode in season 5 for Beckett would turn up with the writers, there would be no problems standing in the way for more return episodes for Paul/Beckett. (Joe's own words on that subject were: "absolutely yes!")

as for Keller?? i don't want to even mention her.
she said herself to Weir in one of the season 3 episodes that she was very reluctant to fill Carsons place as head CMO. (and in fact was asking when her replacement as temp. CMO would arrive)
If indeed Carson is his (relative) real self and can be trusted (he, the guy was tortured for christ sake, in the Michael episode at least and probably more while he was captured. Cut him some slack:)) I see no problems in him filling his old CMO place again.

I only dearly wished that if they indeed plan to hang on to Keller as a regular caracter, they would give her "something" to work with. Up till now, she is only very easy on the eyes (for the male half of the fan base it seems).
Her caracter is bland, shallow, withouth fun, humour or good lines and the intonation of her voice drives me crazy. (i wonder if that is Jewels own way of talking or just the way she puts down her Keller caracter).

Buck32
February 24th, 2008, 03:04 AM

I reckon you're right, the Carson that died was a clone, he didn't know that of course, and at some point Michael performed the old switcheroo!!! Michael made his own creatures for god's sake , cloning a man shouldn't be too much of stretch!!!!

Buck32
February 24th, 2008, 03:15 AM
That is the most likely scenario. I don't want him being reinstated as CMO though. Keller has more than earned it IMO.

She has earned her place as CMO??? in what way??? I doubt they will reinstate Carson Beckett though given he's only in 5 eps next season, great to have him back though.

Someone here suggested he might a returned ancient, which is something i never thought of, but don't they need to be in the same galaxy to take action on people??

I think Michael used him in some way to create the drug that he studied with the Hoffans. Perhaps he will dedicate his life to undoing the damage.

meezergater
February 24th, 2008, 03:16 AM

He could have refused.

"He'd have been killed!"

And?"

well, ascended and then returned to make good what he had done wrong? (or his clone had done wrong, it is getting confusing here)

AND only guessing here.

and could have refused??? Wraiths... mindcontrol... torture, do i need say more?
Would YOU refuse confronted with a wraith or Michael for that matter?

also this scene from season four replicator episode keeps hanging in my mind:

were the "good" replicators turn up, saying Weir had something to do with them, and then (sheppard i believe) asks why Keller is one of the replicators and not Beckett, since it came from Weirs memories.
allthough i asume now that the whole plot of Beckett being a replicator is out of the books. (see trailer part 2)

Buck32
February 24th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Really? You think that a person who's been held in enemy hands for 1-2 years is really trustworthy?

Even if he is the real Carson and not a clone or Repli-whatever, can he be trusted? What was done to him in those years? Was he brainwashed? Is he the Atlantis version of Rya'c with deadly chemicals in his teeth?

Michael said that he had help with the Hoffan drug. Was Carson the help? Would you want someone on staff who helped Michael kill thousands of people? And it is murder. It's nothing like Hoff. They chose to take the drug. The people that Michael infected didn't. Do you consider Carson an accessory to murder? The case could be made.

He could have refused.

"He'd have been killed!"

And?

Carson probably thought he was working towards finding a way to end the wraith kulling of humans, by helping Michael with his research and creating wraith that don't need to feed on humans. Michael quite possibly perverted this work to accomplish his own goals. Hence now Beckett is Michael's prisoner.

YutheGreat
February 24th, 2008, 04:04 AM
I should have expected Carson was the one Michael was refering to when he said he had help. No one else could have told Michael enough about the Hoffan drug and the way to improve it like he did. The question is how did Michael make this new Carson.

It is unlikely a replicator:
1. He has the knowledge of the original.
2. A real replicator would have killed everyone of his guards that he sees.

A descended ancient is also unlikely why did he choose to descend where Michael could get to him.

I suspect it is a clone. Wraith do posses cloning method we don't know how advance it is though. This may be colerrated with Spoils of War. I originally thought the Wraith had genetic memory to build an army quickly. I mean after cloning they had to train thousands of warriors Unless they could clone there armies like the Asgards.

The quiet one
February 24th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Just wondering about the "clue" to Carson's return at the end of S3. Could it have been all the references in Vengeance to how amazing Michael was to be able to assimilate human technology so quickly??? Perhaps he had help already?

meezergater
February 24th, 2008, 05:12 AM
"Carson probably thought he was working towards finding a way to end the wraith kulling of humans, by helping Michael with his research and creating wraith that don't need to feed on humans. Michael quite possibly perverted this work to accomplish his own goals. Hence now Beckett is Michael's prisoner."

and that is a much more "human" aproche then turning wraith into humans so they don't have to be wraith anymore. (i mean that way of thinking is so arrogant, like being a wraith is a disease).

question left is then, what will they feed on now? normal human food?
(or something more the like of Terry Pratchett's "vampires going clean" making live with surogate things like wine, oxblood and a good strong cup of coffee)

other question is does Michael hate Wraith more then humans? Or equally?
or has he just something like the more general "god" syndrome and his goal just to dominate the universe (galaxy) as so many evil ones before him...

Dutch_Razor
February 24th, 2008, 05:30 AM
It's possible the "bomb" might not have been a bomb at all, it might have been some kind of transporting device the ancients were messing around with, right?

Jeffala
February 24th, 2008, 08:30 AM

He could have refused.

"He'd have been killed!"

And?"

well, ascended and then returned to make good what he had done wrong? (or his clone had done wrong, it is getting confusing here)

AND only guessing here.

and could have refused??? Wraiths... mindcontrol... torture, do i need say more?
Would YOU refuse confronted with a wraith or Michael for that matter?

It was already established that Carson didn't ascend.

As for whether or not I would willingly help Michael? No. My life isn't worth more than thousands of others.

As for mind control, you made the point I was trying to make. If it was some sort of mind control, then Carson can't be trusted.

avidffan
February 24th, 2008, 03:11 PM
didnt the tag line from the add say

"...teylas vision leads the team into a replicator trap and you wont believe what happens in the last five munites..."

if so then id say hes a replicator or a clone built by them and not just a regular clone grown by micheal

but hey who know after all he ditched the uberwraith soilders since the last time we saw him and hes managed tp brainwash all of teylla people and rengineer a virus
hes been real busy

o-0
February 24th, 2008, 09:57 PM
I think the "quick switch in Misbegotten" theory is the most plausible. He's not a replicator or constructed by nanites, he's not un-ascended, and he's not the Carson that died in Sunday (because Rodney said that they're sending a body back to Earth at the end of that episode). The Carson who died in Sunday must've been a duplicate and the real one was taken by Michael in Misbegotten.

wise one
February 25th, 2008, 02:15 AM
maybe the wraith can transform human subjects in whatever they want biologically through their hands instead of feeding its transforming

tptb better come up with a brilliant way they brought him back

Ruffles
February 25th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Just wondering about the "clue" to Carson's return at the end of S3. Could it have been all the references in Vengeance to how amazing Michael was to be able to assimilate human technology so quickly??? Perhaps he had help already?

Yes. JM confirmed that on his 2/23 blog (http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/02/23/february-23-2008-the-kindred-part-1-what-the-hell-was-i-thinking/).

I knew we wanted to bring Carson back (The groundwork had been subtly laid way back in Season 3ís Vengeance in which, after some discussion with Carl and Martin, it was decided to go back and layer in a clue pointing to Michaelís involvement in the seeming resurrection. Isnít it funny how Michaelís made so much progress with the retrovirus? Itís like heís taken our research and made it his own.).

As Jumper_One has already quoted, Carson won't be ascended or time travel or replicator. To me, that only leaves clone.

My wild speculation: I think Michael took a sample of Carson's DNA in Misbegotten. We know from Spoils of War that the Wraith have cloning technology. However, the last time I checked their beaming technology did not work through ceilings and walls.

If Michael created a clone, there would be a gap in his memories from Misbegotten to whatever time those suggesting he was replaced before Sunday. Michael would have had to have a dart, scooped up Beckett out in the open without anyone noticing and left the other Beckett who never bothered to mention he'd been "kidnapped" by Michael.

I'm not buying that.

I think the original Carson died in Sunday. The one in The Kindred is a clone - still completely Carson Beckett just not the first one. (And I haven't figured out how he has Carson's memories yet unless Michael has some unknown Wraith ability to "copy" a mind.)

As to why Carson would help Michael, there could be lots of possibilities on that. He could have stolen the information about Hoff from Carson's mind. Someone obviously ransacked the planet looking for the research. The easiest way to get Carson to help him refine it is to threaten to use it. We already know the original serum killed 50% of the population. How could Carson refuse to help if Michael threatened to poison the water supply on numerous worlds. 30% is better than 50%. I don't know if Carson willingly participated in Michael's bug people experiments. Perhaps he thought Michael wanted a cure. Perhaps he was trying to right a wrong by explaining his research to Michael. I guess we'll find out in a few days.

solarscreen
February 26th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Carson's poor mother. I hope she is still alive to see her son again.

MIZA
February 26th, 2008, 11:10 AM
i think carson is a an ascended being , he has to be JM said he is not a clone or a replicator, unless he is and JM just said it to us in away clever that we totally missed it

Seftrex
February 26th, 2008, 11:22 AM
i think carson is a an ascended being , he has to be JM said he is not a clone or a replicator, unless he is and JM just said it to us in away clever that we totally missed it

Actually JM said that he was the same, HUMAN, Carson we all know and loved.

He also said that he was not a Replicator or anything else, he also removed any thought of him being Ascended with a firm NO.

The only logical way he could return is via cloning.

Ed
February 26th, 2008, 01:21 PM
didnt TPTB say they havent done this way before

Jumper_One
February 26th, 2008, 01:24 PM
guys read the article ;)

But resurrected he will be -- though we don't yet know how. Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi has told fans that it will be Carson Beckett in the flesh who returns, and not an ascended being, a time-traveler, or alternate universe version of the character.

also

UPDATE: Our original report stated that Joseph Mallozzi had indicated that Beckett's return would not involve a clone. In fact, what he ruled out was a time-traveling Beckett or an alternate universe double.
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/02/mcgillion_returns_to_istargate_a.shtml

Queenie
February 26th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Is anyone else reminded of Futurama? "Clone, robot, or long lost twin? Taking all bets!"

Cloning seems to be the most obvious way to bring the character back in, but that means new-Carson has spent 2 years imprisoned by Michael! Poor little Carson. I can't imagine that he would willing help the wraith in any way, which begs the question of what he's been doing all this time?

Hmm. I will be interested to see how he is written back in. Bringing a character back to life is always tricky - but then this is sci-fi, so there aren't really any rules. :D

donna
February 26th, 2008, 07:01 PM

Ooooh!! Hadn't even considered that the 'Sunday' Carson might have been the fake - very twisty! Does anyone know how much committment The PTB might have made to Paul McGillion for future episodes? That might give us a clue as to whether Carson (whatever he may be) has any significant future plot threads....

jelgate
February 26th, 2008, 07:19 PM
5 episodes at the least

Crichiel
February 26th, 2008, 07:31 PM
didnt the tag line from the add say

"...teylas vision leads the team into a replicator trap and you wont believe what happens in the last five munites..."

This is why I have been assuming he is a Replicator. Otherwise, what was it referencing when it said "Replicator trap"?

Jumper_One
February 26th, 2008, 07:43 PM
This is why I have been assuming he is a Replicator. Otherwise, what was it referencing when it said "Replicator trap"?

that was a mistake made by SCI FI, there was no replicator trap

Fuku-Sensei
February 27th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I read a fic with a lovely theory about how Carson survived the explosion.

They had the idea that Michael beamed him out using a wraith dart. Now I know that there are a lot of things wrong with that theory (how did Michael know to beam him out at that exact moment, why didn't the city's sensors pick him up and so on and so on) but I like this idea. Teyla was uncouncious at the time so she wouldn't have felt him.

Rodney did say that they sent back 'a body', he never said it was Carson's. It could have been the marine who was with him at the time. I'm geussing an explosion like that at such close range would make it very difficult to identify body, they could have thought that since the marine was so close to explosion there wasn't enough to fill a matchbox and assumed that the remaining body was Carson.

I'm not saying this is what happened, this is just an idea that I rather fancy. Either way, I'm just glad the dear is back! I had no idea he was returning(I avoid spoilers like the plague!) so I may have burst my Dad's eardrums when he appeared on screen =^.^=

o-0
February 27th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Maybe he IS a replicator or associated with them and the 5 episodes in season 5 deal with him carrying out Weir's plan..

Fuku-Sensei
February 28th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Maybe he IS a replicator or associated with them and the 5 episodes in season 5 deal with him carrying out Weir's plan..

Nah, the writers and producers have said like a million times that he isn't a replicator, also in the preview for the next ep Mckay and Keller both say that he isn't a replicator and is in fact Beckett..

avidffan
March 3rd, 2008, 09:38 PM
Nah, the writers and producers have said like a million times that he isn't a replicator, also in the preview for the next ep Mckay and Keller both say that he isn't a replicator and is in fact Beckett..

yeah but flip it this way
maybe the replicators and micheal were working together to out the wraith both planning to betray each other once the task was done

and isnt the clone beckett still under the influence of micheal