PDA

View Full Version : He's Back!!!!

Spacejumper76
February 22nd, 2008, 08:23 PM
For some odd reason, the writers for Atlantis have this weird thing about stickng Michael at the end of the season. But OMFG... he so badass this season. It takes a certain kind of someone to kidnap an entire race, experiment on them, and systimatically killing off most of the galaxy. Yep!

But is Carson the one that helped Mikey with the virus?

Pharaoh Atem
February 22nd, 2008, 08:25 PM
For some odd reason, the writers for Atlantis have this weird thing about stickng Michael at the end of the season. But OMFG... he so badass this season. It takes a certain kind of someone to kidnap an entire race, experiment on them, and systimatically killing off most of the galaxy. Yep!

probably didn't have a choice sadly. i like the new look and the new attitude connor can really play a villain well .

s09119
February 22nd, 2008, 08:27 PM
probably didn't have a choice sadly. i like the new look and the new attitude connor can really play a villain well .

Anyone notice the weird new accent, though? Creepy...

Spacejumper76
February 22nd, 2008, 08:28 PM
Yeah, that was a little weird, but todd's changed, too. They always change, but i guess it could be cause he's not half wraith, but just semi.

Rosehawk
February 22nd, 2008, 08:32 PM

Yeah. I am really liking Conner's portrayal of Michael. He keeps getting better as Michael's storyline continues. And now he's after Teyla's kid. I assumed he was going after Teyla's kid when she was taken, however it still gave me the creeps when he revealed to Teyla he had plans for her child.

Pharaoh Atem
February 22nd, 2008, 08:33 PM
Yeah. I am really liking Conner's portrayal of Michael. He keeps getting better as Michael's storyline continues. And now he's after Teyla's kid. I assumed he was going after Teyla's kid when she was taken, however it still gave me the creeps when he revealed to Teyla his big plans for her child.

and he knew it was a boy ....Micheal knew

s09119
February 22nd, 2008, 08:44 PM
and he knew it was a boy ....Micheal knew

Or he just ran a quick scan with the sensors. If Earth tech can determine if a baby is male or female, I'm sure Wraith stuff can, as well.

Pharaoh Atem
February 22nd, 2008, 08:45 PM
Or he just ran a quick scan with the sensors. If Earth tech can determine if a baby is male or female, I'm sure Wraith stuff can, as well.

yeah but i'm thinking darker ....much darker

s09119
February 22nd, 2008, 08:46 PM

Oh, as am I. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate, I guess.

Gaeth
February 22nd, 2008, 08:51 PM
Michael is my favorite villain of all time, not just Stargate. He's like Irenecus from Baldur's Gate.

Do you suppose he can still regenerate? I hope so.

tombombadil
February 22nd, 2008, 08:51 PM

but i think if carson had a choice he wouldn't do it at all. although i suppose if michael didn't tell him the results then he might help

Gaeth
February 22nd, 2008, 09:06 PM
but i think if carson had a choice he wouldn't do it at all. although i suppose if michael didn't tell him the results then he might help

He probably got it out of him with telepathy.

garhkal
February 22nd, 2008, 11:24 PM

Very true. But i would love to know how he had carson recreate the hoffan virus...

Major_Griff
February 22nd, 2008, 11:52 PM
Casting spoiler for S5 premier

Supposedly Michael is to be in Search and Rescue so he'll be in the beginning of the season like he was in S3. I think it would be cool if they had him in the first two eps, the mid season two parter, and the last two eps of S5 with a large arc having to do with Mikey being the driving force in the season.

General Burro
February 23rd, 2008, 12:17 AM
so mike and todd meet!?

Gibsnag
February 23rd, 2008, 02:23 AM
Michael is my favorite villain of all time, not just Stargate. He's like Irenecus from Baldur's Gate.

I hadn't noticed that before, but yes he is quite a lot like Irenicus. Both are excellent villains... :)

Nitegate
February 23rd, 2008, 03:38 AM
i'm guessing Michael brainwashed Carson, only explanation why he would help him, cause notice Kanaan was brainwashed / experimented on.

melfan
February 23rd, 2008, 04:23 AM
so mike and todd meet!?

Would love them too meet!
wonder what that meeting would be like :D

peragrin
February 23rd, 2008, 04:58 AM
i'm guessing Michael brainwashed Carson, only explanation why he would help him, cause notice Kanaan was brainwashed / experimented on.

Um Carson is dead. he died in a random explosion in the episode Sunday. They had enough left of his body to transport it back to earth for burial. This is most likely a replicator/humanoid recreation version of Carson to gain intelligence on where Atlantis is.

melfan
February 23rd, 2008, 05:10 AM
Um Carson is dead. he died in a random explosion in the episode Sunday. They had enough left of his body to transport it back to earth for burial. This is most likely a replicator/humanoid recreation version of Carson to gain intelligence on where Atlantis is.

Me think the Carson that died was the clone

Ranlier
February 23rd, 2008, 09:45 AM
Any farscape watchers think they'll do something along the lines of Carson having been "twinned", each result with equal legitimacy?

Black Panther
February 23rd, 2008, 12:49 PM

JM has confirmed that this is the real Carson.

Mitchell82
February 23rd, 2008, 12:54 PM

It could be, I can't wait to see where this goes.

GoSpikey
February 23rd, 2008, 01:01 PM

Possible correction:

JM has confirmed some things, but not all the options were there, I think.

Zamboni
February 23rd, 2008, 01:09 PM
Maybe Michael is the real father of Tayla's child...

Michael: "No, Tayla, *I* am his father!"

Tayla: "Nooooo~~~!!!"

*Tayla leaps into a bottomless pit*

Leonidas: "THIS. IS. ATLANTIS!!!"

*Leonidas kicks Michael into pit for no reason*

Avenger
February 23rd, 2008, 01:31 PM
Possible correction:

JM has confirmed some things, but not all the options were there, I think.

Beckett is flesh and blood, not a clone and there was no ascension is what JM has confirmed.

xSFx
February 23rd, 2008, 01:35 PM
Beckett is flesh and blood, not a clone and there was no ascension is what JM has confirmed.And how do you suppose that happened?

He just reached his half-wraith hand into an alternate universe and randomly grabbed another Carson?

GoSpikey
February 23rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
Maybe Michael is the real father of Tayla's child...

Michael: "No, Tayla, *I* am his father!"

Tayla: "Nooooo~~~!!!"

*Tayla leaps into a bottomless pit*

Leonidas: "THIS. IS. ATLANTIS!!!"

*Leonidas kicks Michael into pit for no reason*

There's no 'Tayla' on SGA. ;)

Leonidas is a brand of (Belgian) chocolates... :S

Avenger
February 23rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
Not alternate universe Carson either. We'll all find out next week.

GoSpikey
February 23rd, 2008, 01:38 PM
And how do you suppose that happened?

He just reached his half-wraith hand into an alternate universe and randomly grabbed another Carson?

Of course not, it's magic. :P

Zamboni
February 23rd, 2008, 02:46 PM
There's no 'Tayla' on SGA. ;)

Leonidas is a brand of (Belgian) chocolates... :S
Now Teyla plus chocolates... Mmm mmm mmm...

GoSpikey
February 23rd, 2008, 02:59 PM
Now Teyla plus chocolates... Mmm mmm mmm...

:lol:

pisces27
February 23rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
Me think the Carson that died was the clone

I was thinking the same thing.

ziga1980
February 23rd, 2008, 03:04 PM
what i liked the most is the first talk Micheal and teyla share. when teyla says she is not a murderer. and Michael replies that circumstances required him to kill on a "bit" larger scale. that is the best line there ever was.

oh and that line, about the hoffman (whatever they're called) virus. i managed to refine the retrovirus....that one was cool. i only figured it out later.

it was a very good ep, although there was to much pregnant chick - tough chik bull****. that kind of sucks but it doesn't matter. next ep will be loaded with action. hope Micheal keeps teyla prisoner and she's only released ("rescued") next season in search and rescue after the kid is born. and Micheal keeps him of course. there isn't any room baby crap eps on atlantis.

jenks
February 23rd, 2008, 05:18 PM

Beckett is flesh and blood, not a clone and there was no ascension is what JM has confirmed.

Are you sure? As far as I know he's only confirmed that it will be Carson in the flesh, and not a AU or time traveling Carson.

Jumper_One
February 23rd, 2008, 05:22 PM
Are you sure? As far as I know he's only confirmed that it will be Carson in the flesh, and not a AU or time traveling Carson.

But resurrected he will be -- though we don't yet know how. Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi has told fans that it will be Carson Beckett in the flesh who returns, and not an ascended being, a time-traveler, or alternate universe version of the character.
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/02/mcgillion_returns_to_istargate_a.shtml

PG15
February 23rd, 2008, 07:20 PM
Yeah, so no denying of him being a clone.

Black Panther
February 23rd, 2008, 09:29 PM
it will be Carson Beckett in the flesh who returns
You do realize that is a saying? When people say, "This is ________ in the flesh." It means this is the real person. After all a time-traveler and an alternate universe version Carson would be a flesh and blood Carson.