PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Time!

Alex Rubit
February 21st, 2008, 12:07 PM
This was completed a while ago, but we decided to hold it back until the premiere of new episodes. So, here ya go:

Stargate: Horizon Opening Credits (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4704102952666158194&q=stargate+Horizon&total=25&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2)

The theme, which most of you have probably heard by now, was composed by Justin R. Durban. And the credit sequence was designed by Colin Sanderson. Both have done an amazing job!

Enjoy!

peragrin
February 21st, 2008, 02:34 PM
Awesome!!!!!

Minor nitpick you need some better CGI stills but that is all. of course you have been trying to get better cgi for a while now. talented people are tough to find.

Alex Rubit
February 21st, 2008, 02:41 PM
Awesome!!!!!

Minor nitpick you need some better CGI stills but that is all. of course you have been trying to get better cgi for a while now. talented people are tough to find.

We do find talented people every now and then. However, talented people who are actually willing to work and who aren't simply lazy -- that's hard to find.

s09119
February 21st, 2008, 03:01 PM
We do find talented people every now and then. However, talented people who are actually willing to work and who aren't simply lazy -- that's hard to find.

Have you thought about asking RJB to help you out? He makes simply amazing ship models and battle scenes...

Alex Rubit
February 21st, 2008, 03:06 PM
Have you thought about asking RJB to help you out? He makes simply amazing ship models and battle scenes...

That name sounds familiar, but I can't recall who that is. I don't think I've spoken to him. But I'd love to have him help out. What's the best way to get in touch with him?

I know we've had some people here on the forum saying they'd like to help out, so hopefully they will.

s09119
February 21st, 2008, 03:41 PM
That name sounds familiar, but I can't recall who that is. I don't think I've spoken to him. But I'd love to have him help out. What's the best way to get in touch with him?

I know we've had some people here on the forum saying they'd like to help out, so hopefully they will.

RJB is a modeller here on GateWorld; just search for postings by him and send him a PM. I'm not sure if he could help or not, but he's excellent at what he does, and he's made models and stuff for other people in the past. I don't see why he wouldn't be happy to lend a hand if he has the time.

Col.Foley
February 21st, 2008, 03:46 PM
Great great Job on it, wow, that was so unbelievably awesome.

Senku
February 22nd, 2008, 03:54 AM
Nice opening :)

jonos101
February 22nd, 2008, 05:40 PM

:indeed: hes models are some of the best iv ever seen

Elite Anubis Guard
February 22nd, 2008, 05:52 PM
I've never been overly fond of all his models but the Phoenix is absolutely beautiful!

Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper
February 22nd, 2008, 07:31 PM
Alex, the titles are terrific and a pleasant surprise. Kudos to Messrs. Durban and Sanderson for their efforts.

The video answered a few questions for me about the order of the cast in the credits, but it also posed a couple of questions. Now I'm still way back reading the early episodes of Season 2. (I guess you could say I'm watching in "virtual" syndication.) The video obviously shows the regular cast for season 4 since Michael Shanks is listed (yes I peaked ahead at the website). I also noticed Chase is missing so I assume he dropped out at some point. (I'll find out as I read on.) I further got the impression from the Season One finale that Tom was dropping out as a regular but so far he's been popping up in the early season 2 episodes.

So my first question is: is Tom a regular in seasons 2 and 3 or just a recurring guest star?

My second question is: would there be any possibilty (or interest) in creating variations of these credits for each of the first three seasons showing the correct cast listings for each?

Thanks again. I'm really enjoying the series and I think it deserves to be on TV.

Alex Rubit
February 22nd, 2008, 08:17 PM
The video answered a few questions for me about the order of the cast in the credits, but it also posed a couple of questions. Now I'm still way back reading the early episodes of Season 2. (I guess you could say I'm watching in "virtual" syndication.) The video obviously shows the regular cast for season 4 since Michael Shanks is listed (yes I peaked ahead at the website). I also noticed Chase is missing so I assume he dropped out at some point. (I'll find out as I read on.) I further got the impression from the Season One finale that Tom was dropping out as a regular but so far he's been popping up in the early season 2 episodes.

Yup. This is the Season Four version of the main cast. Another indication for that is that Sivea starting with Season Four has blond hair; you can actually still see both the new and the previous look in the credits.

So my first question is: is Tom a regular in seasons 2 and 3 or just a recurring guest star?

Tom has always been a regular character.

My second question is: would there be any possibilty (or interest) in creating variations of these credits for each of the first three seasons showing the correct cast listings for each?

Definitely. In fact, I'm hoping that's something we'll be getting around to before too long. But since you were wondering about this, here's the order in which the names of the cast appear in Season One:

Kiefer Sutherland, Ashley Scott, Ben Browder, Carlos Bernard, Rachael Leigh Cook, Dion Johnstone, and Andrew J. Robinson as Doctor Lenori

And Seasons Two and Three:

Kiefer Sutherland, Ashley Scott, Ben Browder, Carlos Bernard, Rachael Leigh Cook, Dion Johnstone, with Dennis Haysbert as De'van Callen, and Andrew J. Robinson as Doctor Lenori

Thanks again. I'm really enjoying the series and I think it deserves to be on TV.

Thanks. I'm glad to hear you've enjoying it.