This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis / SG1 - GASP! - SciFi Magazine April '08 Issue

(Well...by golly, they finally did it. Hell must have frozen over. Pigs must fly now.

The SciFi Channel's SciFi Magazine finally managed to have a mention of Stargate on the FRONT COVER of their magazine, and it's been years since they've actually had ARTICLES on Stargate inside the magazine.

I think the last time Stargate was on the cover was when SG1 moved over to the SciFi Channel from Showtime in 2000.)

From SciFi Magazine:

http://www.scifi.com/scifimag/

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Who's That Girl?
    Meet the new women who are making this year's television season the hottest ever. SCI FI identifies 23 sizzling freshman faces.

Featuring: Laura Vandervoort, Yvonne Strahovski, Michelle Ryan, Anna Friel, Sophia Myles, Lena Headey, Eve Myles, Lauren Cohan, Dania Ramirez, Shannyn Sossamon, Anna Van Hooft, Kristin Chenoweth, Kristen Bell, Missy Peregrym, Gina Holden, Sarah Lancaster, Katie Cassidy, Dana Davis, Karen Cliche, Natasha Henstridge, Jewel Staite, Zuleikha Robinson, Summer Glau

10,000 B.C.
    Roland Emmerich, director of blockbusters like Stargate and Independence Day, creates another epic.

Nim's Island
    Fictional hero Gerard Butler surprises famous novelist Jodie Foster by stepping from the pages of her books.

The Ruins
    There's no escaping the monster from The Ruins.

Doomsday
    Neil Marshall delivered movie magic on a shoestring in Dog Soldiers, but now he's got a budget big enough to destroy the world.

Repo! The Genetic Opera
    Space rocks in Repo! The Genetic Opera.

Battlestar Galactica
    It's the beginning of the end for Battlestar Galactica as the hunt for Earth continues in the smash hit's fourth and final season.

Stargate Atlantis
    Find out what David Hewlett always wanted to be instead of an actor.

Stargate SG-1: The Ark of Truth
    Go on the set of the direct-to-DVD movie to continue the never-ending Stargate SG-1 saga.

Destination Truth
    Have the paranormal investigators of Destination Truth finally found the answers they've been looking for?

Introducing DVICE
    Discover the tech that could change your life as SCI FI launches its latest online destination.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    (Well...by golly, they finally did it. Hell must have frozen over. Pigs must fly now.

The SciFi Channel's SciFi Magazine finally managed to have a mention of Stargate on the FRONT COVER of their magazine, and it's been years since they've actually had ARTICLES on Stargate inside the magazine.

Stargate Atlantis
    Find out what David Hewlett always wanted to be instead of an actor.
    What did David want to be? Well from what I have read of the article the only thing I can come up with is...
    Spoiler:
    A Timelord.
    Well who didn't?!

Comment

From a SciFi Channel e-mail:

Meet 23 of TV's Fresh Female Faces in the Pages of SCI FI Magazine

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

No Amanda in this mag . Thanks for posting anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargateboy22
          No Amanda in this mag . Thanks anyway for posting.
          Then what is that article beginning on page 64?

I could have sworn it was about Amanda Tapping...let me check...

"Get Carter!

Amanda Tapping couldn't believe her luck when she was told she would be going to the Arctic. Here she tells us about her polar experience and what Carter is up in Stargate Continuum."

Gosh...looks like Amanda Tapping in the photos too!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - SciFi Magazine April '08 Issue: David Hewlett Interview:

From SciFi Magazine's April 08 issue, a David Hewlett interview, pages 52 through 54, a brief excerpt of the interview. And...a hint at the third Stargate series!

PLAYING DOCTOR

David Hewlett channels C-3PO as fatherhood comes to the fourth season of Stargate Atlantis

by Kathie Huddleston

"I think of myself as C-3PO," says actor David Hewlett about his character on Sci Fi's Stargate Atlantis. "I'm always worrying a a bit uptight."

"I saw this special on Star wars at Christmas. Nothing says Christmas like Star Wars. And there was a whole thing about Anthony Daniels, the guy who played C-3PO, and I suddenly had this horrible realized that I was, in fact, C-3PO in Stargate Atlantis [laughs]. I play C-3PO to Sheppard's Han Solo, I think."

Hewlett, who plays the irascible Dr. Rodney McKay, is a bit of a maniac. He has more than a little Robin Williams in him and barely stops talking long enough to take a breath, let alone to get back to the subject at hand - his show's fourth season.

"It was like an insane season for me. McKay everywhere, doing everything. It was one of those nonstop running-around-between-sets-seasons. Which I think is usually a good sign, because it means there is a lot going on. That's the terrifying thing. They have far too many ideas of what to do with my character. None of them comfortable, I might add [laughs]...Actually, the worst thing this year was aging. There was some aging involved in one of the episodes, and I'll tell you, that is hell," says Hewlett.

**snippage**

With the Wraith weakened, societies that once hid themselves along the line of the Genii will begin to emerge next season. "Whether they'll be friends, foes, or a little of both remains to be seen. That's sort of a general goal that we're working towards for the show's fifth season," he says. The series is set to begin production on the new season in February. One thing that probably won't happen next season is another run of pregnancies for the cast members. Rachell Luttrell, who plays Teyla, didn't have the only pregnancy on Atlantis this season. Both Jason Momoa, who plays Ronon, and Hewlett had babies too.

"It's the weirdest thing," says Hewlett. "I think it's something to do with actors. You give them four years of gainful employment and they suddenly start procreating. It's something Jane and I have been looking forward to for a while. It worked out beautifully. She was literally in labor the day after we wrapped season four. I think Sebastian might be a producer. His timing is absolutely impeccable."

"Season four was the season of the baby," says Mallozzi. "We had Rachel, so we had to adjust our storylines and work her pregnancy into the show. We had David near the end of the season, when Jane had Sebastian. We had Jason, who had his first child, where basically were were on baby watch and we knew it was coming. As soon as it happened he jumped on the plane. We had to switch out the scene we had planned to shoot that day. We had a contingency plan to shoot some Ronon-less scenes. It all worked out in the end."

"I was trying to sell MGM on Stargate Babies. Like they did the Muppet Babies. I think we should have Stargate Babies. Have a little McKay and a little Teyla and stuff [laughs]. Do it like a Saturday-morning cartoon," says Hewlett.

**snippage**

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
            X