PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Stargate Games & Wormhole Books

sharky277
October 18th, 2004, 06:43 PM
1) I've heard about both a stargate FPS game for PC/consoles and a stargate board game. are both for sure comming out? and if they are when?
2) I"ve also heard about an SG-1 trading card game. is this like Magic: The Gathering, were u battle and stuff, or is it like baseball cards and all you do is collect?
3) What are some good books on wormholes(with time travel and parallel universes in it maybe)? i have Stephen Hawkings book Breif History of Time and will be getting the sequel to it very soon.

Erik Pasternak
October 18th, 2004, 06:51 PM
I've heard of the PC/console FPS, but not of any board game. And nothing on the other two.

sharky277
October 19th, 2004, 01:55 PM
bump

omnian
October 19th, 2004, 02:03 PM
As for the trading card game, here's the thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=5185

aAnubiSs
October 19th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Stephen Hawking's books are very well written so that everyone can understand them ;)

Jprime
October 19th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Other than Stephen Hawkings books, the only resources I can think of might be a paper I read a while ago on Einstein-Rossen Bridges (wormholes). Other than that, your best bet is to kick everyone else out of the basement for a while and set up shop...

Gorthaur
October 19th, 2004, 02:40 PM
there is a fps comming out in a year or two i don't remember. the board game came out a awail ago. I'v heard about the card game it is going to be more like MTG, and your signitur is way to fricking big.

Jprime
October 19th, 2004, 07:00 PM
What, mine? I never bothered to check the image size, but if you can prove to me that it violates regulations I'll comply.

dpgiffin
October 19th, 2004, 07:27 PM
What, mine? I never bothered to check the image size, but if you can prove to me that it violates regulations I'll comply.

He's wrong, i mean - mine fits into standards :)

the limit is 200x700

Gorthaur
October 21st, 2004, 04:40 PM
no not yours sharky277 but i think he made it small so it is ok.

lord-anubis
October 21st, 2004, 05:09 PM
yeah i heard about the game

BruTak
October 22nd, 2004, 06:12 AM
You may be interested to know that the Stargate SG-1 boardgame is currently available from Forbidden Planet International: www.scifiwarehouse.com

It's on page 95 of the current catalogue (along with some other nice SG-1 merchandise), the order number is C4890, and the price is £27.99 - which is about $52 at the current rate of exchange.

Hope you find this helpful.

WurdBendur
October 22nd, 2004, 06:26 AM
The guideline for signatures is 200y x 700x or four lines. If those are supposed to be the same, then those are very large lines. As far as the size (aside from lines) everything here is within the rules. But I have to say, the "More annoying than Ugly Pig!" signature certainly gets it's point across. :)

terraatlantus
October 22nd, 2004, 11:34 AM
Other than Stephen Hawkings books, the only resources I can think of might be a paper I read a while ago on Einstein-Rossen Bridges (wormholes). Other than that, your best bet is to kick everyone else out of the basement for a while and set up shop...

which Journal? volume? year? available online?

buckner
October 22nd, 2004, 12:03 PM
The video game is at http://www.perception.com.au. A teaser
site will open later this month.

tiamut
October 22nd, 2004, 08:44 PM
Yup, the board game is out. Played it last night. It's set up very similar to "Risk",with appropriate Stargate twists, and dark and light Asgard, Goa'uld, and Tau'ri sets (six sets all total).