Teal'c in Midway - a sclerotic grandpa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teal'c in Midway - a sclerotic grandpa?

I was very disappointed to see Judge's character reduced to some sclerotic elder for a sheer purpose to let Dex shine in the episode. I don't care for Dex, but Teal'c behavior lacked consistency with his previous self. Especially, things like while in SGC, when Ronon was telling Teal'c where to go to fight the enemy. If Teal'c is slated to return to Atlantis again in the future, I'd rather not see him there at all, than like this.

Originally posted by fordpickup&6pack View Post
    I was very disappointed to see Judge's character reduced to some sclerotic elder for a sheer purpose to let Dex shine in the episode. I don't care for Dex, but Teal'c behavior lacked consistency with his previous self. Especially, things like while in SGC, when Ronon was telling Teal'c where to go to fight the enemy. If Teal'c is slated to return to Atlantis again in the future, I'd rather not see him there at all, than like this.
    What are you on about? Teal'c kicked ass! Remember, Ronon's been fighting Wraith for years. He knows their capabilities and their moves. He knows how to fight them, and that makes him very formidable when facing off against them. Teal'c has been fighting the Wraith for about a half an hour or so when he engages them in the SGC, and he did nearly as good as Ronon.

And Teal'c wasn't about to argue with a sound plan of action just because he isn't the one to suggest it. When has Teal'c ever had that kind of ego? Only impotent megalomaniacs do that.
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I'm not talking about fighting strategy. Only about the general tone or key in which producers made Teal'c to act throughout the episode. I don't think it was that subtle that it was not noticeable.

Comment

I'm not talking about fighting strategy. Only about the general tone or key in which producers made Teal'c to act throughout the episode. I don't think it was that subtle that it was not noticeable.
        Teal'c was perfectly Teal'cish if you ask me. Ronon was being a bit of a tool, but Teal'c was so very, very Teal'c. It seems more like the problem is yours.
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Yeah my thoughts were that CJ still had the character down perfectly despite all the time away from it. He was definitely the Teal'c we all know and love.

Perfecto!

Comment

Yea... cool, calm, collected - basically Teal'c all the way. It was SGA, so of course Ronon had to have his moments, but Teal'c was great, imo.

Comment

Agreed. Same ol' T. Maybe a little more talkative but that's been happening a while anyway and Ronon talks even less so that was to be expected.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Teal'C was Teal'C. There was no consistency problem. Teal'C has been a warrior long enough to recognize that the person with the most experience fighting a particular enemy should be the lead guy. Simple as that.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I don't get what your saying Can a sclerotic grandpa break a Wraiths neck with his bare hands? Teal'c kicked ass in this episode. I think Teal'c killed more Wraith than Ronon. Even between Ronon and Teal'c I think Ronon had to keep up slightly. Teal'c simply wishes to pass his experiences with the IOA to Ronon.
                  Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Well, he IS 180 years old. Give the guy a break.
                    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

IMO this was very Teal'c like behavior. Don't forget that it isn't EXACTLY the same Teal'c from S1-S10, he spent 50 years on the Odyssey. So off course he's older and more calm (although with him it's hard to notice), but sclerotic grandpa doesn't really describes him, not even close.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think we should have seen a stronger Tealc, because the strenght of a Jaffa is bigger than human, so a fight between tealc and a wraith must be different, the same with fighting ronon. in SG/1 we saw the incredible strenght of tealc even if ronon is an excellent warrior Tealc's should be far more bigger than ronon, like the time in season 10 when he fought with coronel mitchell

Comment

Teal'c behavior lacked consistency with his previous self
                          It has for a while now. If you watch seasons nine through ten, you'll realize the writers are trying very poorly to emulate his character, with no real grasp of who he is.
                          It's very disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomendil View Post
                            I think we should have seen a stronger Tealc, because the strenght of a Jaffa is bigger than human, so a fight between tealc and a wraith must be different, the same with fighting ronon. in SG/1 we saw the incredible strenght of tealc even if ronon is an excellent warrior Tealc's should be far more bigger than ronon, like the time in season 10 when he fought with coronel mitchell
                            Teal'c is stronger, but don't forget that he went to Atlantis to help Ronon, not beat him up and show off.
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree Teal'c might have been holding back but just a little. I mean Teal'c must know Ronnon will not be receptive if Teal'c kick his ass but I doubt Ronnon will appreciate it if Teal'c purposely lost. Further, Tealc has his pride. He is Teal'c there is no greater warrior.

Let us not underestimate Ronnon. He was runner for 7 years. He killed a hundred Wraith and he is Atlantis' resident badass.
                              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Working...
                              X