Asgard Matter Conversion Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard Matter Conversion Technology

Can it be used to created ZPM? or other kind of power sources? Like in season 8 when the Asgard created a Anicent weapon basic on the information in Jack head using the matter conversion tech. Not only was the weapon created, but the power source in the weapon must had been created as well, since it was able to shoot sort of energy wave.

That machine can only create something it knows, or a program needs to be written with the spefications of the thing thats is need to be produced, else it won't work (i guess)
    Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

how many times has this been brought up.. use the search pls
      sigpic

Comment

A ZPM is a 'universe in a bottle' as they say. It is too complex to replicate.

Comment

they could probaly make zpm is they fully understood how it worked and had a base code on making them.
          sigpic
          [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Originally posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
            they could probaly make zpm is they fully understood how it worked and had a base code on making them.
            well.............if it draws power from it's own pocket universe, then you could technoicaly make one by streching a string (string theory) into a brane, some theorize that our entire universe is located on a giant brane. so if we make a smaller one we could extract power from it.

Comment

No.

Neither of you understand how ZPMs work. They're not generators, they're the Lantean equivelant of alkaline batteries (well actually, they're not, since Alkaline batteries are a chemical process and ZPMs are purely capacitance, but anyway; they're non-rechargeable, essentially). Their genius is the compression of MASSIVE amounts of energy into a very small package; however, it still takes MORE energy than they contain to actually produce one. Even if you used the Odyssey's ZPM to build another ZPM, you'd only get half way there before you depleted the Odyssey's ZPM.

Comment

Neither of you understand how ZPMs work. They're not generators, they're the Lantean equivelant of alkaline batteries (well actually, they're not, since Alkaline batteries are a chemical process and ZPMs are purely capacitance, but anyway; they're non-rechargeable, essentially). Their genius is the compression of MASSIVE amounts of energy into a very small package; however, it still takes MORE energy than they contain to actually produce one. Even if you used the Odyssey's ZPM to build another ZPM, you'd only get half way there before you depleted the Odyssey's ZPM.
                That's the closest to it. The ZPM is a storage device for the energy, its a sub-space bubble really, or at least its the access point to it's own sub-space bubble which we know the ancients can create (sub-space bubbles i mean), inside this they store massive amounts of energy. This is basically a Proto-Universe. If the Odyssey wanted to create one they need to create the ZPM and then find out a way to create a sub-space bubble and link the ZPM upto it. And for the final step they'd have to go in orbit of a blackhole and use their beaming technology to beam the blackhole's matter into energy and store it in the sub-space bubble via the ZPM. Then they just come back later when the blackhole's grabbed more stars and crap . Like your own petrol station!

Comment

Maybe it can make a ZPM. Will it ever? No. Earth is already very powerful, to have them make ZPM's like they were AA batteries (like the Asurans did) would make Earth unstoppable=boring SGA.

Of course the made the Asurans super dumb in order for them to lose...but hey we are talking about Earth.

Comment

Yes you can make a ZPM, you can make hundreds if not thousands but they are all drawing energy from the same source so whats the point?
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I've always thought, as have many that I've talked to, that it would take more energy to create one than it gives out, therefore making it a waste of resources.
                      Best quotes ever:
                      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                      Thor:I like the yellow ones
                      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

the ZPM isnt the source of power in its self its a doorway to a place that has the energy that is being taken. so it could be like a cup of water with a straw, the straw is the ZPM, by making more ZPMs in that matter would just add more straws.
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                          the ZPM isnt the source of power in its self its a doorway to a place that has the energy that is being taken. so it could be like a cup of water with a straw, the straw is the ZPM, by making more ZPMs in that matter would just add more straws.
                          the point is, making a zpm=to the power gain. it would be great to use as a battery though. just use a sun or black hole as powerplant and let it make full zpm's.

for everything its the same. aboard the oddy they utilized waste[with the waste of the entire crew you have more than enough to make all basic needs. c02 exhaled is turned to oxygen, waste to food, medicine, and utilities, and much more. other useless junk could be turned to something usefull. a 304 could be produced in parts[as i asumme the asgard did the same with the oneills. making it in one piece just costs too much power], and then you could assemble it. yet you either need loads of dirt, or just use naquahdah, steel,and trinium and use up less power. neutronium could be made, either from scratch, at wich it will cost loads of power, or from other materials. antimatter could be made too. you would have a powergain, as you only need to make antimatter, and you get energy from matter and antimatter. zpms could be used as batteries. they are far more usefull than standard reactors. it just doesnt give you powergain.

Comment

ZPM means Zero-Point Module, Zero-Point means the energy in space which is close to 0. It is not matter but energy, Beaming technology simply turns us into energy and then back into matter... Are you starting to see my point?

The energy from a ZPM is not in the ZPM, it is in a sub-space bubble (effectively making up a node in sub-space). The ZPM is like a torrent, a torrent has an address to a file on the web. Using the torrent you can uplink to this file and download it using software, however you are limited to your download via many variables involved and the file may be incorrect = like an empty sub-space bubble - Depleated ZPM.

When Dr Mckay depleated the ZPM (episode 3 Season 8) he could have easily just pin-pointed the location in sub-space at which the bubble is and then gone to a blackhole (in orbit) in the daedalus and beamed the blackholes matter (while in hyperspace) into energy and channeled it through the ZPM to the bubble. Take it home and hay presto you've got a full ZPM! RECYCLING ZPM'S HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER!

Comment

lol i laugh if they tried 2 make one but just made the shell it would be so funny
                              sigpic
                              [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Working...
                              X