This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if there were a season 9?

just been looking on the s9 thread and it looks like the general view is it should end on a high. so heres a question if s9 were to happen would you poeple who think it shouldn't still watch it?

I'm already not watching Stargate, except on an ep to ep basis. So no, I wouldn't watch S9. It might be enough to drive me away from fandom, too. So you all have something to look forward to.

Comment

i personally say it's time to let stargate go, let it end with 8 and let the crew devote all their time and energies to atlantis. better to do one thing good, than 2 mediocre

i'm not condemning atlantis out of hand, but i do remember how the trek's suffered during the years when 2 series overlapped.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If there were a season 9, I would most definately watch it, but I do think that it's time that it does come to an end. I don't want the same thing to happen to this show what happened to the X-Files. I really would love to see some feature films of SG-1, of course with the current cast.
        "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

It would depend on a number of factors, mostly how much I enjoy season 8 and who returned for season 9. If I enjoy season 8 and everybody comes back, I'd definitely give it a try. If season 8 isn't my thing and/or they lose people, my interest diminishes significantly.
          *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

If they're just going to kill off all my favorite characters, then no, I'm not going to watch it.

I think they should end the show before the writers kill anyone else.

Now that they've wiped out the Tollans and Abydos, the next thing for them to do is kill off the Asgard, the Tokra, and the Jaffa.

Then they'll blow up Earth.

After that, the fans will *have* to leave them alone so they can do Atlantis!

Comment

Yeah I always think it starts to smack of desperation when favourite and regular characters are killed off (that goes for any genre not just sci-fi).

I'm sorry Stargate won't be Stargate without SG-1 as it is (or virtually as is). It was weird enough when Jack was always off nursing some injury or other, but to have him permanently missing .... no I don't think it'd feel right.

Comment

Season 7 was the best season so far IMO. Some of the episodes were brilliant, and combined with Season 6 has been the best 44 episodes of and show I've ever seen. Yes, including Sight Unseen

So if Season 8 follows the current trend, I would be crying out for a season 9. And then 10. etc. Up until the episodes become called 'SG-1 and the scary alien whatever' I will be watching.

Comment

As long as SG-1 is SG-1 I'll watch. Although when Daniel died, I thought I'd never watch it again. But still, I did. And grown to like Jonas. Of course when Daniel came back I was more than pleased.
                  Now, Jack seems to be less and less participative, however when he's there its always great.
                  So, if as I said, SG-1 is still SG-1, even with Jack not around as much as I would like, I'd definetl still watch.
                  Sooo, please keep SG-1 as SG-1
                  :: How Would You Feel About Life If Death Was Your Older Sister? ::

Comment

Heck, season 8 hasn't gotten me excited, and I shudder to think of how much more they can fall if they had a whole other season to ruin things. IMO.
                    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Really for me it depends on how Season 8 goes, if I like it I will probably want a season 9 but I think after season 8 it would be time to call it a day and maybe make a feature film/movie or something. But if they do make a season 9, 10 etc I will watch it cause it would still be the Stargate SG-1 we've all grown to love

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

As long as SG-1 has the same actors, I'll watch it.

Comment

season 8 then 1 or 2 movies shud be enuf 4 me.......no need for 9 unless they all really want 2 do it.
                          "We're exactly one zatgun short of actually having a zatgun" - Jack' o'neill

Comment

They should bring out a new movie so i can drag my friends along with me

Comment

Sometimes it's fun to read old posts and reminisce.

This thread is reborn!
                              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                              X