Uniforms/Chuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniforms/Chuck

I would like to preface this with the statement that it is mostly Speculation

Correct me if I am wrong but in TMC, wasn't there an exchange between Rodney...and Rodney...about being issued new uniforms.

Also, I have assumed that the color's correspond to the wearer's department Thusly:

Red: Administrative
    Yellow: Medical
    Blue: Science
    Black: Military

Now, Given all of the above, How Did chuck end up in this:

First of all, It's one of the older uniforms, Which I'm willing to accept, seeing as they could not have all gotten the uniforms yet, and that there are others in the scene wearing them:
    Spoiler:

But what i cannot figure out is why he is wearing the military colors. If he was military wouldn't he be given a rank(Sergeant most likely...), But seeing as he is just referred to as "Chuck" one could assume that he is not military. Also, seeing this point, should he not be given a Red uniform, as he is mainly just administrative, or even Blue, would be within the acceptable parameters. I do not see why he would be given and OLD MILITARY uniform...

any thoughts?

well he could be military..........
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

It means... CHUCK IS GOING TO START GOING ON MISSIONS.

No, I am pretty sure that he usually does have a red uniform, in fact I am sure of it. I think that this was just an error.
      sigpic

Comment

Don't Chuck and the other techies usually wear jackets with Green panels?

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          well he could be military..........
          But if that we're the case, Carter and Sheppard for sure would use his rank.

Originally posted by TDgamer View Post
          No, I am pretty sure that he usually does have a red uniform, in fact I am sure of it. I think that this was just an error.
          Not in any of the caps I've found

In fact, here is one he autographed in a black uniform.

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
          Don't Chuck and the other techies usually wear jackets with Green panels?
          I have never seen green panels on Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post
            But if that we're the case, Carter and Sheppard for sure would use his rank.

Not in any of the caps I've found

In fact, here is one he autographed in a black uniform.

I have never seen green panels on Atlantis.
            they dont have to. in every ep with the deadalus in it caldwell calls LT Kleinman, weaps and hammond called o'neil, jack most of the time

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Who says all the old uniforms were phased out? Btw, Chuck looks too awesome to wear red.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post
                I would like to preface this with the statement that it is mostly Speculation

Correct me if I am wrong but in TMC, wasn't there an exchange between Rodney...and Rodney...about being issued new uniforms.

Also, I have assumed that the color's correspond to the wearer's department Thusly:

Red: Administrative
                Yellow: Medical
                Blue: Science
                Black: Military

Now, Given all of the above, How Did chuck end up in this:

First of all, It's one of the older uniforms, Which I'm willing to accept, seeing as they could not have all gotten the uniforms yet, and that there are others in the scene wearing them:
                Spoiler:

But what i cannot figure out is why he is wearing the military colors. If he was military wouldn't he be given a rank(Sergeant most likely...), But seeing as he is just referred to as "Chuck" one could assume that he is not military. Also, seeing this point, should he not be given a Red uniform, as he is mainly just administrative, or even Blue, would be within the acceptable parameters. I do not see why he would be given and OLD MILITARY uniform...

any thoughts?
                He's a sergeant. It has been said by Wier by some point

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Atlantis#Chuck
                I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                  they dont have to. in every ep with the deadalus in it caldwell calls LT Kleinman, weaps and hammond called o'neil, jack most of the time
                  Hammond calls O'neil "Jack" because that is what officers do. They refer to each other by their first names. Why? Because they feel they can.
                  sigpic

Comment

chuck is replacing shepperd in season 6
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      chuck is replacing shepperd in season 6
                      *runs away screaming*
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I've seen him wear Green Panels as well. He was wearing them in season 3. The only one I can definatley remember at the moment is First Strike.

Pic:
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by TDgamer View Post
                          Hammond calls O'neil "Jack" because that is what officers do. They refer to each other by their first names. Why? Because they feel they can.
                          Yeah, I General referring to a Colonel by his first name is totally different than a Colonel speaking to a Sgt or or another enlisted type person because Generals and Colonels are people who have been in the service for a very long time and they are the top of the Chain of Command. I think even when Sam was a Major, Hammond always called her Major Carter or Major so, yeah.

Also does any one remember seeing green panels or am I just going crazy?

Perfecto!

Comment

I remember fans calling him "Sgt. Canada" before his name was officially Chuck.

And I think I remember the green panels.

Edit: He wore green in Season 2 too.

Condemned:
                            Spoiler:

image taken from www.atlantisarchive.com
                            Last edited by shaed; 19 February 2008, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Thorne View Post
                              I've seen him wear Green Panels as well. He was wearing them in season 3. The only one I can definatley remember at the moment is First Strike.

Pic:
                              Spoiler:
                              Originally posted by shaed View Post
                              I remember fans calling him "Sgt. Canada" before his name was officially Chuck.

And I think I remember the green panels.

Edit: He wore green in Season 2 too.

Condemned:
                              Spoiler:

image taken from www.atlantisarchive.com

Huh, Guess i was wrong about never seeing the green...

Also: Just because it says he is a sergeant on Wikipedia...does not mean this is proven, Wiki is after all, edited by anyone...

Comment

Working...
                              X