Tollan Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tollan Tech

Anyone realise that the Tollan were set up as a really advanced race but now looking at them they seem kind of primitive(in comparison not to us but others).
    I know that the Ion cannon tech we couldn't backwards engineer but we haven't been able to engineer any type of energy weapon until quite recently, not even small scale ones. It sounded as if they didn't even have hyperdrive. Although not confirmed on screen, did they not say earth was out of reach from Tollana. THE TRAVELERS HAVE HYPERDRIVES!. Bunch of space dwelling homeless people, you saw the corridors of their ships, they even had limited supplies . Regarding their stargate this is prob how it went .The Nox provide designs and instruction on how to built (Alliance of Four Great Races) and the Tollan built it using the knowledge. Can you imagine the Tollan experimenting with Time dialation or something like Project Arcturus ?. Of course not. What annoys me, is that out of all of the early advanced races they were also the most stuck up and smug about it.

The tollans were very advanced, but they suffered from an elitist mentallity where they wouldn't even associate with primitive races, they were no where near as advanced as even the wraith, though they could beat the pre anubis goa'uld. They were way too overconfident and pompus, their phase tech would be nice though.
    Best quotes ever:
    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
    Thor:I like the yellow ones
    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

the travellers have been spacefaring for thoasuands of years the tollan have been advance more than 800 years but maybe alot more thosuands of years???

the travellers seemed to of based their tech on ancient technology has mckay mentioned that he could detect weapons fire belonging to that of ancient type weapons signitures when they took sheppard
      sigpic

Comment

Like to know more about the travelers. arent the travelers interested in getting more involed with Earth since the travelers could really used help if they are still having troubles, like populations.

Comment

You can't expect the Tollans to stand up to Annubis ships, if the Asgard could not do it until the O'Neill.

Tollans were definitely advanced, but not at the level of the 4 Great Races.

Their phase tech would be very useful.

Portable version of Merlin's dimensional shifting would do the same thing I would think.

Comment

I think we still should at least attempt to put there ion cannons into planetary defense systems.s They may even work against the ori at first. Until the Ori adjust to it. Even if they dont, they will work well against other threats, like the possiblity of wraith hives getting to earth.

Comment

all their tech is gone. like stated, they were humans who never had dark ages and such. advanced, yet arrogant. they had built a fake wall of confidence around their ion cannons. if they failed, they were doomed, yet they refused to think of it.

Comment

The tollans were quite advanced but only in some areas, they are probably just as advanced as the post anubis goa'uld, their weapons tech is pretty awful, I was glad to see them go except for Nariim??(whoever like sam and had the cat), he was the only less arogant one.
                Best quotes ever:
                O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Tollan technology surpassed Earth's in every field, matched that of the Asgard in quite a few areas, and their inginuity allowed them (with assistance from the Nox) to begin building their own stargates, something we still can't figure out.

I think they were only slightly below the Asgard at the time, as both were extremely powerful but unable to resist Anubis. Had Anubis' fleet attacked Ida, I'm sure the Asgard (during the same time period as "Between Two Fires") would also have been wiped out. Let's not forget that Good Ol' Thor and his kind were also extremely arrogant when it came to their technology, never considering the "pathetic" Goa'uld could match them.
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    Let's not forget that Good Ol' Thor and his kind were also extremely arrogant when it came to their technology, never considering the "pathetic" Goa'uld could match them.

I have to disagree with you, i remember that in season 3 Thor clearly sad the asgard could not fight one allpowerful goa'uld. Not when they were fighting the replicators. So they were not arrogant at all, they even saw the potential in the tauri, something that other races (more arogant) refused to see.
                    Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

Originally posted by ffstbh View Post
                      I have to disagree with you, i remember that in season 3 Thor clearly sad the asgard could not fight one allpowerful goa'uld. Not when they were fighting the replicators. So they were not arrogant at all, they even saw the potential in the tauri, something that other races (more arogant) refused to see.
                      They knew that they couldn't spare the ships to fight the Goa'uld, but they still believed 100% that if they could send in their fleet, they could quash the System Lords in an instant. That didn't change until Osiris more-or-less pooped on Thor's flagship in "Revelations."
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

It was also only the very old motherships that could be beaten by superior numbers, thors arrogance did lead him to lose that ship, but he admitted he underestimated them. The goa'uld were no where near as advnaced as the asgard. The asgard ships weren't designed solely for fighting either, they said the oneill was the first class that was purely a battleship.
                        Best quotes ever:

Comment

be honest, the asgard would have won the fight and to be honest i think quite easly as well, but this is ofcourse just speculation and we will never know for sure.

One O'Neill would have givin the goa'uld so much trouble, god i would have liked to see that ship in action... would be great if there came an episode in which they found an abended asgard kolonie with ships similair to a O'Neill
                          Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            They knew that they couldn't spare the ships to fight the Goa'uld, but they still believed 100% that if they could send in their fleet, they could quash the System Lords in an instant. That didn't change until Osiris more-or-less pooped on Thor's flagship in "Revelations."
                            That's not true, they said that their treaty with the goa'uld was dependant on the nature of the goa'uld feudal system, if the united the asgard knew that they wouldn't win easily.
                            Best quotes ever:

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              all their tech is gone. like stated, they were humans who never had dark ages and such. advanced, yet arrogant. they had built a fake wall of confidence around their ion cannons. if they failed, they were doomed, yet they refused to think of it.

Is all their technology gone?

That’s something that has been gnawing at me for some time now.

We should attempt to make contact with the Knox to ascertain whether or not any Tollan refugees managed to make it to a Knox world.

If the Knox still have their heads stuck in the ground like ostridge’s then we should set up a series of passive optical telescopes (like Hubble) 6 to 7 light-years from Tollana with an unobstructed view to see what happened during the sunset of that civilization. At those distances we would just start receiving light from the time frame of “Between Two Fires”.

I would think that if a Goa’uld had managed to capture any survivors he would have tried to put a snake in their head in order to unlock the secrets of their tech, but we never did see the rise of a System Lord with Tollan tech nor did we see Anubis integrate it into his tech.

So either they were wiped out, or they found a safe port of call.

In either case their tech was almost on par with the Asgard in some areas, so it is worth the resources to at least find out what their ultimate fate was.

Maybe with our new inheritance from two of the former great races coupled with the fact that we haven’t blown each other up may engender enough confidence to the point that they may actually deem us worthy trading partners.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:
                              Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                              *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
                              DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
                              DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Working...
                              X