This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new sci-fi series ideas!!!!

So I sit around and think of new things all the time, even TV shows... as sad as that may sound.

I want to see what are some other ideas you guys have. I'll start...

Why not have a full-hour show based on the human races survival after a zombie-like apocalypse... much like the movies. It would really, in my eyes, be like a mix between Land Of The Dead and BattleStar Galactica.

I wouldn't want it to have other 'supernatural beings' just zombies. And I think it should be more scientific than some 'magical spell'. Like the movies, a virus... or something like that.

me and a friend came up with the best idea ever not long ago

Spoiler:
    Ironside
    Spoiler:
    2025!!!
    Spoiler:
    a cop in a super-robot wheelchair, he is mostly cyborg, his nemesis is partic stewart, an old partner who lost his arms in a frek explosion and was left for dead, he also goes around stealing arms, and attatching them to himself until he has man arms.
    Spoiler:
    that was all just a joke by the way
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

I have an idea. A ship based show about an search and rescue team, something like the movie Supernove, i think that would have been a great show to watch. Or a show about a ship that gets pulled back in time and are stranded on the surface of the earth in company of an alien vessel.

Comment

This idea goes back to when I used to watch a lot of First Wave during Sci-Fi's daytime marathons. In the series finale, the big alien bad tried to convince the human hero that he's actually an infiltrator and one of the aliens, that his role was all a cover story he started to believe. Not true, but I thought it would be interesting if it was.

The first season would show the hero forming the rebellion, convincing human allies of the coming alien invasion. Small hints would be dropped that the hero is one of the alien invaders, like really good intel or uncanny knowledge of the enemy, leading up to the secret being revealed to the audience but not his friends in the finale.

Second season the underground is more on the offensive, with several significant victories. Then the icon of the resistance, a founding father of the effort, our main hero, is revealed to his friends as one of the aliens in the season finale and must prove that all along he's been on their side.
        "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
        " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
        Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

there are so many good books that would make great series' i think the best would be Alastair reynolds Revelation Space series of books...
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

I think a zombie TV show would be quite good, but not based on land of the dead...that was poor, now based on Dawn of the Dead would be better

Comment

Originally posted by Bray View Post
              I think a zombie TV show would be quite good, but not based on land of the dead...that was poor, now based on Dawn of the Dead would be better
              i don't think it would work... don't get me werong, i love dawn of the dead, and zombie movies are good. but the eps would be the same every week.

what would be cool, is a sci-fi police drama, like CSI but set, i dunno 100 years into the future, where crimes, motives, victims and criminals are very different,
              sort of like that ep of SG-1 where cam is framed for the murder

ie, a murder, but an AI replica of the victim can be called as a witness
              illegal memory wipes.
              interplanetary smuggling
              etc.

if anyone saw space precinct, apart from the fact it felt too kiddy even though it was an adult show, it was really good, i thought so.
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              Quotes!
              sigpic

Comment

I'm not that great with original ideas, not that scifi (in general) is that great with forging seminal territory anyway.

I want to watch a tv show based on TRON. I think someone said once there was one, I say bring a new outlook to it...I'm really big on that film.
                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                  I'm not that great with original ideas, not that scifi (in general) is that great with forging seminal territory anyway.

I want to watch a tv show based on TRON. I think someone said once there was one, I say bring a new outlook to it...I'm really big on that film.
                  I'm pretty sure they are doing a new film..I know its not a series, but its something Tronish to look forward for you, right ?
                  Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                  Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab View Post
                    I'm pretty sure they are doing a new film..I know its not a series, but its something Tronish to look forward for you, right ?
                    Totally, which I'm excited about. I heard about it the rumors of it about a year ago. Ditto for Barbarella, another one of my faves (my names comes from Barbarella); as campy as it was...I loved and they're doing a remake.

It's a bit depressing though when all there is, is remake after remake, afer remake. Not a single original idea coming forth, but oh well, at least I get to see them resuscitating new life into my fave oldies.
                    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                      i don't think it would work... don't get me werong, i love dawn of the dead, and zombie movies are good. but the eps would be the same every week.
                      If done well, like BSG style then I think that it could work, with a complex sub plot of politics etc so it's not always just trying to kill the zombies. I mean as a basic out line it could start before the infection, then move to during the infection, (these two areas are highly neglected in films) then onto the immediate survival where to go, how to get away etc. Then meeting up with other survivors and so on until they maybe like land of the dead manage to take a town back or something, then they try to find a cure or something.

Just throwing it out there. I have no experience writing stories or being creative in any way shape or form

Comment

Originally posted by Bray View Post
                        If done well, like BSG style then I think that it could work, with a complex sub plot of politics etc so it's not always just trying to kill the zombies. I mean as a basic out line it could start before the infection, then move to during the infection, (these two areas are highly neglected in films) then onto the immediate survival where to go, how to get away etc. Then meeting up with other survivors and so on until they maybe like land of the dead manage to take a town back or something, then they try to find a cure or something.

Just throwing it out there. I have no experience writing stories or being creative in any way shape or form
                        i guess that would work, i haven't seen jericho, but it sounds similar to what you are trying to say here.
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        Quotes!
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah I guess it would be quite a bit like Jericho...which you should watch by the way cos it rules

The whole isolation and information blackout scenario is always a winner in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                            It's a bit depressing though when all there is, is remake after remake, afer remake. Not a single original idea coming forth, but oh well, at least I get to see them resuscitating new life into my fave oldies.

theres plenty of original ideas out there, its just nobody wants to listen to them (including sci-fi fans themselves), either cos they dont relate to them or theres not enough character emphasis. But I do agree, the remakes are tedious I havent bothered with any sci-fi films for years...nothing made these days is my cup of tea, allthough to be fair I have pretty obscure tastes in general...
                            Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                            Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

the more i think about, a tv show based on the revelation space series by Alastair Reynolds, i have decided, would work really well, he has written a bunch of novels, (some connected some not) and even more short stories and novellas in the universe, and it's cool, and dark, and makes sence, and has brilliant characters.
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              Quotes!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X