Carter's Broken leg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter's Broken leg?

yeah didnt she just break her leg in TRIO? I know its not a week to week relationship...but she was on death's door in Trio..yet no limp at all in midway.
    jake o'niel ".......bite me"

Mythbusters....."I reject your reality and arbitrarily substitute it with my own"

they tend to ignore stuff like that.

in solitudes jack broke his leg and had internal bleeding...and was fine the next week.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      they tend to ignore stuff like that.

in solitudes jack broke his leg and had internal bleeding...and was fine the next week.
      Yup, but then days or weeks can go past between eps so depending on the injury there might not be any need to mention it again...

Comment

and sometimes they cram 5 episodes into a 4 week time span

Evolution, Part 1
        Evolution, Part 2
        Grace
        Fallout
        Chimera
        Deathknell

in DK sam says it's been a month since we got the telchak device. so evolution, grace, fallout, chimera and death knell all happened in a month

kinda unlikely

sigpic

Comment

and sometimes they cram 5 episodes into a 4 week time span

Evolution, Part 1
          Evolution, Part 2
          Grace
          Fallout
          Chimera
          Deathknell

in DK sam says it's been a month since we got the telchak device. so evolution, grace, fallout, chimera and death knell all happened in a month

kinda unlikely
          Yeah I see what you mean... Maybe they all heal faster in the SG universe , best guess is TPTB don't want to dwell on any inconveniences like an injury from a previous ep unless it serves the story/ep at hand...

Comment

Maybe because "Midway" filmed right BEFORE "Trio" and thus meant to air before it?

Vala,

Comment

I suppose they meant to have it set 6 weeks after Trio (when the cast would have come off), but yeah, a limp or something wouldn't have hurt.
              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Yeah, this was yet another thing about this episode that bugged me. I just wrote it off as a TV convenience, such as the infamous "6 weeks later..." plot device. I've have liked a limp though.

Won't it be funny if she has a limp or a crutch in the next episode?

Comment

Sam was really banged up in Deathknell but in Heroes, there was nothing wrong with her.

Also in Line in the Sand in S10 she had a staff wound so bad that Mitchell had to do a field surgery to save her life, and in The Road not Taken right after she didn't even have a scar on her back.

I guess the producers don't really care about details as much as the fans do.
                  sigpic

Comment

At least McKay cured Ronon's scars in Sunday. But what about Teyla? She was wounded badly at the explosion, but she could wear her short in next episode easily.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      At least McKay cured Ronon's scars in Sunday. But what about Teyla? She was wounded badly at the explosion, but she could wear her short in next episode easily.
                      exactly, which just proves my point

the producers don't really care about details as much as the fans do.
                      sigpic

Comment

Once again, people, one season spans an entire year, but each episode only focuses on important events. As such, we can have an entire episode span a few weeks or even months(WoO in SG-1, Epiphany in SGA) or only a few hours(Quarantine, Trio). Along with that, the timespan BETWEEN episodes may also vary from a few seconds, minutes, hours(in the case of cliffhangers) to days, weeks, months. It is only a mistake if such neglect happens when the time passed IS mentioned, which is not the case here.
                        Also, as someone else mentioned, Midway was supposed to air BEFORE Trio.

Comment

Originally posted by sgafansam View Post
                          yeah didnt she just break her leg in TRIO? I know its not a week to week relationship...but she was on death's door in Trio..yet no limp at all in midway.
                          Stem cells....

Comment

still betcha money that sam doesn't limp in kindred...and using teyla's pregnancy as a measurement, there's no way 6 weeks passed

they ignore pesky things like continuity unless it plays into what they want to do with the show

sigpic

Comment

still betcha money that sam doesn't limp in kindred...and using teyla's pregnancy as a measurement, there's no way 6 weeks passed

they ignore pesky things like continuity unless it plays into what they want to do with the show
                              Well, I don't know...She looks pretty far along in this : http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s4...8_03.jpg.shtml
                              And Kindred, Last Man and Search And Rescue are supposed to be pretty tight together, timewise, so she's pretty close to popping it out... 8 months-9 months...Not that big a difference, really...
                              Gah, who am I kidding? You're right, they do ignore this kind of stuff. But this time there's a valid explanation...

Comment

Working...
                              X