This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis distress beacon

I'm not sure how many times the distress beacons endangered Atlantis but I know it's more than once. They have no use for distress beacons and they would never use them because they would alert the Wraith to Atlantis. This begs the question: why didn't/don't they get rid of all of their distress beacons and any similar beacons that could potentially endanger the city?

Also, (this has nothing to do with distress beacons) what is the planet with the EM generator and the kids? Doctors Zelenka and McKay had to fix the EM generator on two different episodes (Critical Mass and Outcast). I don't remember if there was an episode just for this planet/moon full of kids.

the distress beacons could be used to signal for the daedalus or apollo if they need assistance and they don't have subspace communications

as for that episode that the EM generator and the kids is Childhood's End in Season 1 of Atlants
    the two brains in stargate

Comment

Originally posted by o-0 View Post
      I'm not sure how many times the distress beacons endangered Atlantis but I know it's more than once. They have no use for distress beacons and they would never use them because they would alert the Wraith to Atlantis. This begs the question: why didn't/don't they get rid of all of their distress beacons and any similar beacons that could potentially endanger the city?
      One never knows, it might be useful one day. For example: The Wraith would found us, and are attacking Atlantis. I think in such a situation, you're free to call for help, because it shouln't turn worse it is.

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
        One never knows, it might be useful one day. For example: The Wraith would found us, and are attacking Atlantis. I think in such a situation, you're free to call for help, because it shouln't turn worse it is.
        Unless its only one hive or a single Queen with multiple hives then the distress beacon brings more hives to the situtation. And instead of fighting each other they decide to kill you. Thats how it can get worse.

I don't see why they don't just get rid of it. And in its place put one that broadcasts only to our ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
          I don't see why they don't just get rid of it. And in its place put one that broadcasts only to our ships.
          Well, that's difficult. Once you're transmitting or broadcasting something, evryone's going to hear it, unless you're aiming a specific area. But the problem with that is that in the choosen direction (but in different distance), there still might be an enemy ship. And normally, you don't really know, where to call for help.

Comment

Just critical mass and quarantine. One was a hack and the other was a glitch. Would you pull your phone out of the wall because it dialed a 1-900 number once on accient and then some fried of your kid used it to call another 900 number years later? No of course not. You just make changes so it cant happen that way again. Maybe block that type of number? Limit ure calling plan?

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
              Just critical mass and quarantine. One was a hack and the other was a glitch. Would you pull your phone out of the wall because it dialed a 1-900 number once on accient and then some fried of your kid used it to call another 900 number years later? No of course not. You just make changes so it cant happen that way again. Maybe block that type of number? Limit ure calling plan?
              Well said.

Comment

Working...
              X