PDA

View Full Version : How long where they out there?

melfan
February 17th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Just how long were they in the Puddle-Jumper?
It takes 3 weeks for Deadalus to get to Atlantis.
And if Midway, is in the middle, it should have taken them 1½ week!
But I can be wrong...

kymeric
February 17th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Just how long were they in the Puddle-Jumper?
It takes 3 weeks for Deadalus to get to Atlantis.
And if Midway, is in the middle, it should have taken them 1½ week!
But I can be wrong...

Thought i heard them say a week.

I prolly wulda stunned myself, lol. Pretend it was to save supplies for the others but really itd be to save my sanity from boredom. lulz

Major_Griff
February 17th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I would think that the new Asgard tech on the Deddy would shave about a week off MW to PG travel time. So like 2 weeks from MW to PG and 1 week from MW to Midway. So like a week.

melfan
February 18th, 2008, 01:19 AM
I would think that the new Asgard tech on the Deddy would shave about a week off MW to PG travel time. So like 2 weeks from MW to PG and 1 week from MW to Midway. So like a week.

Oh, okey. Thanks!
But A week is a long that too!

fugiman
February 18th, 2008, 07:27 PM
My question is where did they go to the bathroom? They were out there for at least a week so what did they do?

P-90_177
February 18th, 2008, 07:36 PM
My question is where did they go to the bathroom? They were out there for at least a week so what did they do?

simple..............wee bags.

http://www.safariquip.co.uk/acatalog/weepouch.jpg

As for the other thing well................best not dwell.

fugiman
February 18th, 2008, 08:03 PM
I found this funny thats why I had to ask

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 19th, 2008, 08:12 AM
simple..............wee bags.

http://www.safariquip.co.uk/acatalog/weepouch.jpg

As for the other thing well................best not dwell.

but you cant poop in a wee bag can u?

wise one
February 19th, 2008, 12:31 PM
maybe they ejected it out of space or maybe one of the seats opens up

the jumper must have some device that cleans the air in the jumper since they can pressurize the back so the smell wouldnt be bad

GeneralLuckyAC
February 19th, 2008, 12:52 PM
hence the poo bucket. http://www.litter.vic.gov.au/resources/images/dog_bins_CityMelb.jpg

Xaeden
February 19th, 2008, 02:40 PM
In the past they've told is that it takes them 18 days to get from Earth to Atlantis so about 9 days to get there would be a fair assessment (that doesn't include the unknown amount of time that passed before they launched the Daedalus from Earth). We only know for sure that they upgraded the Daedalus' shields and weapons systems. No mention was ever made of upgrading their power supply or their hyperdrive engines so as far as we know, at the moment, it still takes them 18 days. Mckay saying it might take them a couple of weeks to mount a rescue kind of supports this, accounting for both travel time and a possible few days before they decide to order the Daedalus to the Midway station.

melfan
February 19th, 2008, 03:52 PM
In the past they've told is that it takes them 18 days to get from Earth to Atlantis so about 9 days to get there would be a fair assessment (that doesn't include the unknown amount of time that passed before they launched the Daedalus from Earth). We only know for sure that they upgraded the Daedalus' shields and weapons systems. No mention was ever made of upgrading their power supply or their hyperdrive engines so as far as we know, at the moment, it still takes them 18 days. Mckay saying it might take them a couple of weeks to mount a rescue kind of supports this, accounting for both travel time and a possible few days before they decide to order the Daedalus to the Midway station.

My first guess was a week and a half, cause it takes 3 weeks to go from earth to atlantis, or something like that... and if midway is in the middle
But nine days in a puddlejumper is a long time

And without a toilet!

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 20th, 2008, 06:45 AM
My first guess was a week and a half, cause it takes 3 weeks to go from earth to atlantis, or something like that... and if midway is in the middle
But nine days in a puddlejumper is a long time

And without a toilet!

smelly people in smelly uniforms:D:D

Lythisrose
February 20th, 2008, 08:18 AM
smelly people in smelly uniforms:D:D

I know this is TV and certain realities of life are often ignored, but there must be some kind of facilities in that jumper. And they are all clean shaven, so there must have been a place to take care of shaving and a spit bath, if nothing else. I mean, we have seen how fuzzy DH and JF get when they dont shave...:o

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 20th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I know this is TV and certain realities of life are often ignored, but there must be some kind of facilities in that jumper. And they are all clean shaven, so there must have been a place to take care of shaving and a spit bath, if nothing else. I mean, we have seen how fuzzy DH and JF get when they dont shave...:o

but its funny to try and imagine what they did out there anit it

melfan
February 20th, 2008, 01:24 PM

Yea we do. Maybe they had razors with them for some reason... :P

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 20th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Let's just go with the idea that there's a small bathroom (as on an airplane) on each jumper, and it hasn't been mentioned because someone thinks we have delicate sensiblities, as if it's obscene to talk about toilets. At least Battlestar Galactica makes it clear that there are toilets on the Galactica and the rest of the fleet.
I think Star Trek had the same blindspot, though I remember on that Voyager it was once mentioned that "lines are beginning to form" during a time of low resources.

JackHarkness_Hot
February 22nd, 2008, 12:36 AM
Let's just go with the idea that there's a small bathroom (as on an airplane) on each jumper, and it hasn't been mentioned because someone thinks we have delicate sensiblities, as if it's obscene to talk about toilets. At least Battlestar Galactica makes it clear that there are toilets on the Galactica and the rest of the fleet.
I think Star Trek had the same blindspot, though I remember on that Voyager it was once mentioned that "lines are beginning to form" during a time of low resources.
I know on ST:VOY, they have shown the "Sonic Shower", the traditional bathtub and the sink, but never really panned on a toilet but like you said, there was one episode which stated that there were a queue forming and that Bolians needed to use them more frequently.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 25th, 2008, 02:07 PM
I know on ST:VOY, they have shown the "Sonic Shower", the traditional bathtub and the sink, but never really panned on a toilet but like you said, there was one episode which stated that there were a queue forming and that Bolians needed to use them more frequently.

Yes, that was so funny. Neelix's tone when he whispers, "Especially the Bolians." and Janeway's expression.

wolverine_nl
February 25th, 2008, 02:31 PM
maybe it is like the lifesignsdetector, Shep just has to think of poo and pie bags :P

Father Jack
October 1st, 2008, 09:32 AM
Remember this is the emergency life pod jumper, not your regular jumper lol

I mean I doubt Sheppard would bring a portable cd player and big headphones as part of his counter attack kit and I doubt the midway crew all carry a deck of cards with them at all times.

Because they knew this jumper would be out there for weeks potentially, it's probably stacked with essential supplies (food, water, "business" items, chem toilet) as well as other things (treats like cake and pie, cards, video games, cd players) to help them pass the time.