Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enterprise + Sliders... Gone Too Far!

SPOILERS FOR SEASON 4, EPISODE 2 "Storm Front P2"

It has been mentioned on other threads about Enterprise about how there is a similarity with Sliders. Well, I saw Storm Front closes the gap into the plain obvious. The aliens in this episode, with the red eyes, look A LOT like the evil aliens from Sliders. Both want to control all of the universe (time v. alternate realities... same goal). The first Sliders kinda took place in WW2 timeframe, well Enterprise did. But the final straw was when the Enterprise alien's timemachine opened, what can only be described as, a Sliders portal. The spirally thing was just too much. The whole 'trapped in the past' plot was also too much. I liked the episode.. but I felt that I was watching Sliders. Just needed to vent. BE ORIGINAL ENTERPRISE!

Originally posted by KayMan2k
    SPOILERS FOR SEASON 4, EPISODE 2 "Storm Front P2"
    BE ORIGINAL ENTERPRISE!

HAHAHAHAHA

That would be the day.

I rather have Enterprise be GOOD above everything. I will watch the Data episodes, but that's all because the show sucks and even if it were to get better (Manny Coto is a genius) the charaters are all 2D white guys with so Hawinian lady, a lady with big boobs, and the UPN token black guy. The only good guy is the doctor.
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan2k
      BE ORIGINAL ENTERPRISE!
      Unless Sliders had a Temporal Cold War followed by an all out time war, then ENT has been original. Yes, episodes of sci-fi shows are going to mirror other shows. This just tends to happen, that doesn't mean ENT ripped off Sliders.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
        Unless Sliders had a Temporal Cold War followed by an all out time war, then ENT has been original. Yes, episodes of sci-fi shows are going to mirror other shows. This just tends to happen, that doesn't mean ENT ripped off Sliders.
        I understand that there are inheritly repeated elements and cliche's in scifi shows, but there are simply too many similarities with this plot-line to ignore. Yes, Sliders did not have an enemy wanting to take over all of time.. but a very similar enemy wanting to take over all alternate realities. I felt the need to share my opions because of previous threads that noted similarities between the 'preview' to Storm Front and Sliders. It was the only time so far during Enterprise that actually felt like an episodes of Sliders. Yes, Enterprise certainly does have original plots and elements... but this episode was just too much in my opinion.

Comment

I'd say it's just a coincidence. After all, Voyager had an episode where the ship discovered a planet populated by transplanted Humans, the descents of slaves that overthrew their alien opressers. Did this rip-off SG-1? Nope, it aired at least a year before SG-1's series premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
            I'd say it's just a coincidence. After all, Voyager had an episode where the ship discovered a planet populated by transplanted Humans, the descents of slaves that overthrew their alien opressers. Did this rip-off SG-1? Nope, it aired at least a year before SG-1's series premiere.
            But it aired several years after the movie came out!

Seriously though, I've seen Sliders and I've seen Trek, and they're both original.
            Rocky

Comment

The Kromag where the interdimensional nazis you were thinking of by the way.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                The Kromag where the interdimensional nazis you were thinking of by the way.
                Yeah, I guess the uniforms were kinda Nazish, but at least Vosk didn't eat eyeballs.
                Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                  Yeah, I guess the uniforms were kinda Nazish, but at least Vosk didn't eat eyeballs.
                  I only called them Nazis, because they are a facist race of beings, who are trying to wipe humanity off the face of every dimension. They are trying to replace humanity with themselves. But they forget, that they need female women to procure new babies, because Quinn's father used the super weapon that pushed them off world 001, and killed their reproductive organs.

Also, Vosk is such a better character than the Kromag.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Also, Vosk is such a better character than the Kromag.
                    Yep, way more multi-dimensional (pardon the pun).
                    Rocky

Comment

Yea. He was a very complex character. I would have no problem serving a man like him.

Vosk: Our greatest scientist once said: 'Time is a river.' I beleive we should be able to choose which direction it flows.

What a powerful ****ing line!

Comment

Yea. He was a very complex character. I would have no problem serving a man like him.

Vosk: Our greatest scientist once said: 'Time is a river.' I beleive we should be able to choose which direction it flows.

What a powerful ****ing line!
                        Yep. Manny Coto did a wonderful job when he came up with that line.
                        Rocky

Comment

I really wanna find a trascript of Storm Front Part 2. It had alot of good lines in it. Espically from Vosk.

Comment

Working...
                          X