Aftermath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermath

Here are some of my predictions on Midway's aftermath.

1) Todd's got some explaining to do (will probably claim they extracted the info from him by force)
    2) Midway will probably be rebuilt, with extra security.
    3) The 2 gates didn't get blown off, as the explosion wasn't big enough and we've seen stargates survive bigger hits (like that nuke on the planet the Ori were trying to transforme into a black hole).

Here are some extra questions (the neat stuff starts here, so pay attention):
    Why did the wraith go to all that trouble and wasted their unique chance of reaching the Milky Way galaxy just to send a couple of grunts in a suicide mission to the Hornet's Nest? (SGC).
    I don't believe they were so stupid as to think they could take over Earth or accomplish anything useful.

Were they running away from something? Perhaps Michael and his pets are far bigger threat in the Pegasus galaxy than we know.

I'm thinking it's probable the SGC expedition was just a distraction, and some other wraith went on undercover missions to other planets in the MW galaxy.
    Is it possible this was actually led by Todd and a group of rebel wraiths, and that right now Todd is a "refugee" in the MW?
    sigpic
    Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

I like the idea of the Midway gates surviving the blast. Probably just floating in space near all the debris. And I think they WILL rebuild the Midway station--it's a great concept--and heaven knows that hindsight will provide a lot of ideas for added security.

Maybe, if Rodney can get past his anger at Kavanaugh for blowing up the station, Rodney will be chastened to know that his supposedly "ultra-secure" systems on Midway were NOT all that secure after all. Dude really needs to have an ego-check once in a while.

Lastly, once Kavanaugh gets back to Earth and the SGC, he's going to be assigned to scrubbing toilets in a remote base in the Arctic. Scientist or no scientist, the man needs to learn to follow orders.

Comment

Originally posted by xSFx View Post
      3) The 2 gates didn't get blown off, as the explosion wasn't big enough and we've seen stargates survive bigger hits (like that nuke on the planet the Ori were trying to transforme into a black hole).
      Can you really compare the two? The stargate in "Beachhead" survived because of the Prior's influence upon it. We saw that the Mark IX warhead can destroy a stargate in SG-1's "The Shroud". While we have one stargate survive a Mark IX explosion, it didn't survive because of its design or because it is immune from destruction.

Comment

The explosion that destroyed Midway looked more like Rambo IV's claymore.

The Stargates proved they could take more damage when the Atlantis expedition tried to create the link between a Pegasus galaxy gate near a black hole and the MW supergate. (remember what they did to switch the connection from the small gate to the supergate?)

Then there's the gate the Russians recovered from the bottom of the ocean, after a spaceship crash.
        sigpic
        Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Comment

Also remember that in space explosions don't work the same way they do inside an atmosphere. The absolute most damage that the gates could have taken would be if every bit of matter on the station was perfectly accelerated in the directions of the gates, and it all happened to hit at exactly the right angle.

And even then, that wouldn't have destroyed them. We've seen a gate take a direct strike from a medium sized meteorite, and survive inside a sun for at least a few minutes before melting.

But the gates won't just be "floating" near their previous positions. They'll have continued on in the direction that they were blasted at a fair clip. Still, when you have a ship with a hyperdrive I can't imagine it would be too difficult to retrieve them.

Comment

Originally posted by xSFx View Post
            Umm, if the 'gates didn't blow up, then why didn't Sheppard just dial Atlantis instead of sitting around for, as Mckay put it, "God knows how long".
            What's life? Life's easy. A quirk of matter. Nature's way of keeping meat fresh.
            --Ninth Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by Pudding View Post
              Umm, if the 'gates didn't blow up, then why didn't Sheppard just dial Atlantis instead of sitting around for, as Mckay put it, "God knows how long".
              Possibly the gates where blow out of position/ moving at such a speed that either the macro would need rewriting or the gates are moving to fast
              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Midway likely will get rebuilt. And they better have better security, what a Charlie Foxtrot. Anyway, they will get that extra security, and keep the gates, and iris them.
                As for the gates surivivng; why not? And the answer to the toher question asked it that they needed a special program to make it work, wihtout Midway those gates are now useless, for the reason that Midway likely contained that program, and that the gates are now just floating around literally in the middle of no where.

Comment

I could be wrong but I thought the writers wanted to get rid of midway because it made travel between Earth and Atlantis too easy. They want the feeling of isolation that we had in the first season. As long as both Earth and Atlantis have ZPMs though this isn't going to work.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                    I could be wrong but I thought the writers wanted to get rid of midway because it made travel between Earth and Atlantis too easy. They want the feeling of isolation that we had in the first season. As long as both Earth and Atlantis have ZPMs though this isn't going to work.
                    In which case they'll just deplete a ZPM or two
                    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Pudding View Post
                      You've got to use the macro for you to get to either galaxy and you cant start the macro from a jumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                        If the writers are truly concerned about getting rid of the elements
                        that make things too easy, they should get rid of Ronon because
                        he's killing Wraiths "too easily" . Or of Rodney , because he is
                        discovering how to use all kinds of new devices too quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                          You've got to use the macro for you to get to either galaxy and you cant start the macro from a jumper.
                          What?? Of course you can start the macro from a jumper. They tested the bridge using a jumper, they used a jumper with a re-written macro to travel to new athos in "The Return Pt2". That's two instances of using a jumper to dial the bridge with the macro.

Comment

Originally posted by kohar View Post
                            What?? Of course you can start the macro from a jumper. They tested the bridge using a jumper, they used a jumper with a re-written macro to travel to new athos in "The Return Pt2". That's two instances of using a jumper to dial the bridge with the macro.
                            I forgot about that and stand corrected. Maybe they didn't have the macro with them...

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                              I forgot about that and stand corrected. Maybe they didn't have the macro with them...
                              I find it hard to believe that the escape-jumper wouldn't have had the macro built in.

Comment

Working...
                              X