This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALT Time Lines ???

What are the odds that there will be ALT Time in the New Season ???

Originally posted by Chevron Leader View Post
    I'd say 50/50. I like eps like that.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I have been hoping for one. We have seen an Alternate universe storyline in SG1 and in SGA we saw an alternate Rodney.

I want to see the return of the Prometheus, bulked up bigger and better that had survived the attack in "Ethon". It had been heavily upgraded and partially re-built due to the attack.

In the ALT universe they had the ambitious plan to send the vessel back in time to a point when the ancients where still in the PG gather intelligence to the location of other Atlantean installations. Using the temporal jumpers systems they went back in time however the system not only sent them into the past but also into our universe.

Exiting temporal hyperspace the vessel entered a battle to aid an Atlantean vessel, receiving irreparable damage to the hyper drive engines and learning of the universe jump as well they set course for a nebula to hide the vessel from others. While on course they record messages to Atlantis and Earth.

*/ this gives the viewer the opportunity to understand the alternate crew more and a glimpse into the other universe/*

The message is received by atlantis early in the episode and this plays out like a crew record.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        I'd say 50/50. I like eps like that.
        Me too! Alt universe are fun to watch.
        Hmm, Wonder if they find an ancient device that can send you to different universes, and it takes you to like 100 different universes before you can go home!
        That would be fun to watch!
        I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

is that "Sliders"????

sigpic

Comment

None, I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
              is that "Sliders"????
              Had to look up what you ment with "Sliders"
              A TV show that hasn't reached Sweden!
              Uh...
              Well...
              Kinda!
              I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

The odds are 100% since it takes place after Continuum.

Now, if we're talking about altering that timeline, I don't know, but I think it would be cool to see. I just watched Icon and Ethon today and I second the motion to bring back the Prometheus! And Captain Pendergast.
                Last edited by VSS; 17 February 2008, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Pretty good i'd say, better than 50/50, it seems the most obvious way to explain Carter's leaving Atlantis, i think it would be a good idea, perhaps not entirely original but a bold move by the writers.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
                    Pretty good i'd say, better than 50/50, it seems the most obvious way to explain Carter's leaving Atlantis, i think it would be a good idea, perhaps not entirely original but a bold move by the writers.
                    are you suggesting that Continuum takes place after s4 and the slight change will be that Carter was never base commander?
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      are you suggesting that Continuum takes place after s4 and the slight change will be that Carter was never base commander?
                      God that would be a headache waiting to happen, would that mean Season 5 would be a repeat of Season 4 with Woosley in charge
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                        God that would be a headache waiting to happen, would that mean Season 5 would be a repeat of Season 4 with Woosley in charge
                        well I seriously doubt this might happen. TBTB wouldn't just erase an entire season. but hey if you think about it: the Asurans would still be there, there'd be no baby, Midway wouldn't have been destroyed etc nah I don't believe it
                        sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they use the timeline change to explain away any inconsistencies. i.e. in the new timeline Weir was never on the Asuran ship ect. a kind of cop out in universe excuse.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                            I wouldn't be surprised if they use the timeline change to explain away any inconsistencies. i.e. in the new timeline Weir was never on the Asuran ship ect. a kind of cop out in universe excuse.
                            it's not as if there are a LOT of changes at the end of Continuum, just some small difference. and I seriously doubt this will have anything to do with Weir
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                              it's not as if there are a LOT of changes at the end of Continuum, just some small difference. and I seriously doubt this will have anything to do with Weir
                              Weir was just an example of how they could use it as an in-universe excuse for different inconsistency and problems. Another could be McKay and Brown didnt break up etc. or Woolsey has hair or Heightmeyer being alive etc. They can use it as a cop out for any change they made and just say, well the timeline changed and this small thing happened.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X