PDA

View Full Version : ALT Time Lines ???

Chevron Leader
February 17th, 2008, 08:24 AM
:cool: What are the odds that there will be ALT Time in the New Season ???

Mitchell82
February 17th, 2008, 09:30 AM

I'd say 50/50. I like eps like that.

Merlin1701
February 17th, 2008, 09:43 AM
I have been hoping for one. We have seen an Alternate universe storyline in SG1 and in SGA we saw an alternate Rodney.

I want to see the return of the Prometheus, bulked up bigger and better that had survived the attack in "Ethon". It had been heavily upgraded and partially re-built due to the attack.

In the ALT universe they had the ambitious plan to send the vessel back in time to a point when the ancients where still in the PG gather intelligence to the location of other Atlantean installations. Using the temporal jumpers systems they went back in time however the system not only sent them into the past but also into our universe.

Exiting temporal hyperspace the vessel entered a battle to aid an Atlantean vessel, receiving irreparable damage to the hyper drive engines and learning of the universe jump as well they set course for a nebula to hide the vessel from others. While on course they record messages to Atlantis and Earth.

*/ this gives the viewer the opportunity to understand the alternate crew more and a glimpse into the other universe/*

The message is received by atlantis early in the episode and this plays out like a crew record.

melfan
February 17th, 2008, 10:10 AM
I'd say 50/50. I like eps like that.

Me too! Alt universe are fun to watch.
Hmm, Wonder if they find an ancient device that can send you to different universes, and it takes you to like 100 different universes before you can go home!
That would be fun to watch!

Merlin1701
February 17th, 2008, 10:25 AM
is that "Sliders"????

jenks
February 17th, 2008, 10:45 AM

None, I hope.

melfan
February 17th, 2008, 10:46 AM
is that "Sliders"????

Had to look up what you ment with "Sliders" :o
A TV show that hasn't reached Sweden!
Uh...
Well...
Kinda!

VSS
February 17th, 2008, 03:25 PM
The odds are 100% since it takes place after Continuum.;)

Now, if we're talking about altering that timeline, I don't know, but I think it would be cool to see. I just watched Icon and Ethon today and I second the motion to bring back the Prometheus! And Captain Pendergast.

Buck32
February 17th, 2008, 04:09 PM

Pretty good i'd say, better than 50/50, it seems the most obvious way to explain Carter's leaving Atlantis, i think it would be a good idea, perhaps not entirely original but a bold move by the writers.

Jumper_One
February 17th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Pretty good i'd say, better than 50/50, it seems the most obvious way to explain Carter's leaving Atlantis, i think it would be a good idea, perhaps not entirely original but a bold move by the writers.

are you suggesting that Continuum takes place after s4 and the slight change will be that Carter was never base commander?

The_Carpenter
February 17th, 2008, 05:03 PM
are you suggesting that Continuum takes place after s4 and the slight change will be that Carter was never base commander?

God that would be a headache waiting to happen, would that mean Season 5 would be a repeat of Season 4 with Woosley in charge :p

Jumper_One
February 17th, 2008, 05:09 PM
God that would be a headache waiting to happen, would that mean Season 5 would be a repeat of Season 4 with Woosley in charge :p

:lol: well I seriously doubt this might happen. TBTB wouldn't just erase an entire season. but hey if you think about it: the Asurans would still be there, there'd be no baby, Midway wouldn't have been destroyed etc :S nah I don't believe it :D

Ice Wolf
February 17th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they use the timeline change to explain away any inconsistencies. i.e. in the new timeline Weir was never on the Asuran ship ect. a kind of cop out in universe excuse.

Jumper_One
February 17th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they use the timeline change to explain away any inconsistencies. i.e. in the new timeline Weir was never on the Asuran ship ect. a kind of cop out in universe excuse.

it's not as if there are a LOT of changes at the end of Continuum, just some small difference. and I seriously doubt this will have anything to do with Weir

Ice Wolf
February 17th, 2008, 05:58 PM
it's not as if there are a LOT of changes at the end of Continuum, just some small difference. and I seriously doubt this will have anything to do with Weir

Weir was just an example of how they could use it as an in-universe excuse for different inconsistency and problems. Another could be McKay and Brown didnt break up etc. or Woolsey has hair or Heightmeyer being alive etc. They can use it as a cop out for any change they made and just say, well the timeline changed and this small thing happened.

VSS
February 17th, 2008, 06:14 PM
All right, this is a big of a logistical problem- but if they do use a permanent timeline change for anything- how are they going to be able to explain that it's a timeline change?

The characters won't know. Everyone's timeline is reset so no one will be able to explain it. Are they just going to put up a big disclaimer at the start of the episode? Find old journal entries? A tape buried in the sand?

I would be mightily ticked off if they erased Carter's year as commander.
Spoiler for Continuum:
And though Wright did say the "permanent change" was "subtle"- that's in the movie. What if it isn't so subtle on Atlantis?

But I'd like another kind of AU or timeline change episode- I just don't want it to come from the movie, because that's permanent.

Jumper_One
February 17th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Weir was just an example of how they could use it as an in-universe excuse for different inconsistency and problems.

ok I guess I misread your post

Another could be McKay and Brown didnt break up etc. or Woolsey has hair or Heightmeyer being alive etc. They can use it as a cop out for any change they made and just say, well the timeline changed and this small thing happened.

that's true however I doubt it will have anything to do with Atlantis since it's more of an SG-1 movie

All right, this is a big of a logistical problem- but if they do use a permanent timeline change for anything- how are they going to be able to explain that it's a timeline change?

The characters won't know. Everyone's timeline is reset so no one will be able to explain it. Are they just going to put up a big disclaimer at the start of the episode? Find old journal entries? A tape buried in the sand?

maybe only the viewers will know

I would be mightily ticked off if they erased Carter's year as commander.

you're not the only one! however I can't believe TBTB would even consider doing that. also Joe confirmed that certain arcs will be continued in s5, they wouldn't be able to do that if events during s4 never happened

Spoiler for Continuum:
And though Wright did say the "permanent change" was "subtle"- that's in the movie. What if it isn't so subtle on Atlantis?

I don't think they even considered what the slight change could mean for Atlantis, it's an SG-1 movie after all

But I'd like another kind of AU or timeline change episode- I just don't want it to come from the movie, because that's permanent.

I'm ok with an AT ep that has no connection with Continuum

VSS
February 17th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Jumper One

It may be an SG-1 movie, but they're using it to do something with Carter, and that's got to do with Atlantis. I don't trust 'em.;)

Jumper_One
February 17th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Jumper One

It may be an SG-1 movie, but they're using it to do something with Carter, and that's got to do with Atlantis. I don't trust 'em.;)

oh you're absolutely right, this will certainly affect Sam somehow but I don't believe she will step down as base commander due to a change in the timeline. and regarding the rest of my post, I meant the outcome of Continuum won't affect the Atlantis expedition. Sam yes but it won't have an effect on any major event in the PG imo

Mitchell82
February 17th, 2008, 07:32 PM
:lol: well I seriously doubt this might happen. TBTB wouldn't just erase an entire season. but hey if you think about it: the Asurans would still be there, there'd be no baby, Midway wouldn't have been destroyed etc :S nah I don't believe it :D

Yes they are not that stupid.

Jumper_One
February 17th, 2008, 07:37 PM

:indeed:

Ice Wolf
February 17th, 2008, 07:40 PM

I agree they wouldn't be stupid enough to erase the entire season, but I wouldn't put it past them to use it as an excuse to change things.

Mitchell82
February 17th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I agree they wouldn't be stupid enough to erase the entire season, but I wouldn't put it past them to use it as an excuse to change things.

That assumes they believe there is something to change.

Jumper_One
February 17th, 2008, 07:49 PM

I think something may change that will affect Sam. only her though, not
Atalntis itself or the rest of the expedition. that's definitely possible imo however I don't think it'll be anything major like a reason to leave the base