This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glassner

A lot of people believed that SG-1 went downhill in season four and hasn't been the same since. Did you also realise that Johnathan Glassner left the show and Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie arrived. Do yuo think this contributed to the downfall during season four or not? Would you like to see the return of Glassner to the show? I would.

Forget www.savedanieljackson.com we should have started www.save johnglassner.com

Discuss.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
    from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

The shows fine. The only thing that is not as good is some of the NID stories, but apart from that, the show is awesome. Although Glassner was cool. It'll be good if he came back. Mallozzi and Mullie's arrival have brought us awesome episodes like Window of Opportunity, Prophecy, and etc.
    Last edited by D.C.; 06 May 2004, 03:57 AM.

Comment

I enjoy the show more now than season 1-3 . I enjoy the direction the show took. I wouldn't like Glassner to come back to the show, because I don't think his return would fit well. I love the work of Paul & Joe. Some of my favorite episodes have been made by them (like Window of oportunity).

Comment

Glassner wrote some cool episodes though. (Like Shades of Grey)

Comment

Glassner stopped writing for the show after season 3 yes......but he was still creative consultant i beleive up until the end of season 6?

which ok, doesn't require the same amount of work, but he probably has other things to do.

There may have been one or two less moral episodes, that glassner seemed to enjoy writing, but i have very much enjoyed the show with him and without him writing them.

The Other side for example is perhaps one of my all time fave sg-1 eps, it highlights everything i love about the show. This was done after glassner stopped being a major force in the show.

I've said it many times before, and no doubt i'll keep saying it, but the reason the show hasn't been as good as it once was, in my opinion, is down to the fact that for three eyars (season 5 onwards) they beleived it was to be the last season. So that lead to them trying to tie up as many loose ends as they could, only to find it's not their last year.

When i think about that, i can only admire the fact that they've managed to keep it flowing and hold continuity like it has, without digging themselves too much of a grave.

Comment

Yes, I pray every day for Glassner to return, even if I know it's impossible.
            Mallozzi&Mullie are two of the worst writers ever, and they brought Stargate down with all their giggling and love for the ship.

Comment

That's crazy talk.

Comment

Actually Season 4 was my favorite year of Stargate. To me, it's when everything started coming together and it's what got me into fandom and forums.
                sigpic

Comment

Didn't Glassner do The Invisible Man after Stargate SG-1? What's he doing now?

Comment

Hold the phone, but have IMDB got this wrong? They list Glassner as a Co-Executive Producer of Stargate: Atlantis? I know IMDB relies on user submitted information so I'm thinking it's wrong. According to IMDB he went on to work on The Invisible Man ( to D.C.) Then he did some writing and producing on Odyssey 5 and CSI Miami. Season 1-3 were definitely one of the best seasons. Maybe because Stargate was still fresh back then. I don't mind Mr Mallozzi and Mullie, they're funny guys, but I don't worship at their altar. I do worhip at the altar of the old school writers of Wright, Cooper and Glassner.

Comment

It'll be cool if he was Co-Executive Producer of Stargate Atlantis, but it's probably wrong. He could be a creative consultant still though? Either way I think both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Altantis are in awesome hands. (Robert C Cooper I think is the best writer. )

Comment

Well he did write The Torment of Tantalus, the episode, which began the whole Ancients storyline.

Comment

Mallozzi&Mullie are two of the worst writers ever, and they brought Stargate down with all their giggling and love for the ship.
                          Wrongness of the highest order. The ship was always there, intended from the start I heard from somewhere. Plus, humour in a series is essential. As said by RDA, 'We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them'

Oh, and if you dislike WoO, I pity you

Comment

Mallozzi and Mullie are very good in my opinion.

They've written:

Window Of Opportunity (often cited as one of the best episodes ever)
                            Scorched Earth
                            Point Of No Return (another good episode)
                            The Curse (some backsight into daniel fer crying out loud)
                            Chain Reaction
                            Prodigy (with Brad Wright...)
                            Exodus
                            Enemies (story with Brad wright and rob cooper)
                            The Fifth Man (ok not one of the best)
                            The Tomb (again i wasn't too fond of this)
                            Desperate Measures
                            Wormhole X-treem (with Brad Wright...again cited as one of the best)
                            Summit (a great episode in my view)
                            FailSafe
                            Revelations
                            Descent (which i actually liked a lot)
                            Nightwalkers (which most people hate, but simply because it has no jack)
                            Shadow Play (ok not great again)
                            Prometheus
                            Smoke And Mirrors (only the teleplay though, so if you hate that...can't really blame them)
                            Prophecy (easily the best jonas episode)
                            Homecoming
                            Revisions (which had a very classic sg-1 feel to season 7...maybe i'm the only one who liked it)
                            Avenger 2.0
                            Fallout (based on a story by corin)
                            Inauguration (ok clip episode)

that list isn't a bad list what so ever....

Ontop of that, they're the ones who seem to spend the most time trying to find out what we, the fansd, think of the end product. Which i like, they may or may not do anything about it, but at least they're checking it

Comment

My views on those episodes:

Originally posted by Majson
                              Mallozzi and Mullie are very good in my opinion.

They've written:

Window Of Opportunity Wouldnt say best ever, but def up there with them
                              Scorched Earth Brilliant moral episode
                              Point Of No Return (another good episode) Not so fond of this one tbh
                              The Curse (some backsight into daniel fer crying out loud)Plus the intro of Osiris, one of the best villians
                              Chain ReactionEnjoyed seeing evil Jack
                              Prodigy (with Brad Wright...)I really did like this one, no one else seemed to though!
                              ExodusBest.cliffhanger.Ever
                              Enemies (story with Brad wright and rob cooper)Best.Opener.Ever
                              The Fifth Man (ok not one of the best)But led to interesting future plots (Summit/Last Stand)
                              The Tomb (again i wasn't too fond of this)Horror styleee, something different at least
                              Desperate Measures Bleh
                              Wormhole X-treem (with Brad Wright...again cited as one of the best)Completely unecessary, but hella fun
                              Summit (a great episode in my view)Agreed. All the Goa'uld rocked
                              FailSafePretty dull actually, but still watchable.
                              RevelationsOsiris again wooooooooo
                              Descent (which i actually liked a lot)Ninja Jaffa
                              Nightwalkers (which most people hate, but simply because it has no jack)Sherlock Jonas makes up for no Jack
                              Shadow Play (ok not great again)Boooooring
                              PrometheusAmazy ep, if you ignore the security issues!
                              Smoke And Mirrors (only the teleplay though, so if you hate that...can't really blame them)The Sam Jonas scenes were excellent at least
                              Prophecy (easily the best jonas episode)Amen
                              HomecomingOnly seen it once, and can hardly remember it
                              Revisions (which had a very classic sg-1 feel to season 7...maybe i'm the only one who liked it)I also liked it
                              Avenger 2.0 This ep was brilliant.
                              Fallout (based on a story by corin)Bit unbelievable, but interesting
                              Inauguration (ok clip episode)Best clip episode I ever saw

that list isn't a bad list what so ever....

Comment

Working...
                              X