PDA

View Full Version : Will AoT air on SciFi?

TheLastSunset
February 16th, 2008, 03:26 PM
?

Jumper_One
February 16th, 2008, 03:30 PM
?

maybe ;) :P

Konrad9
February 16th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Don't hold your breath, not till a while after it's out on DVD anyways.

Mitchell82
February 16th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Don't hold your breath, not till a while after it's out on DVD anyways.

Not necessarily. Scifi could air it shortly before it releases on DVD. However scifi had nothing to do with the movie.

jenks
February 16th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Not necessarily. Scifi could air it shortly before it releases on DVD. However scifi had nothing to do with the movie.

I seriously doubt MGM would agree to that.

Jumper_One
February 16th, 2008, 04:03 PM

sorry but I have to agree with jenks, that makes no sense

Killjoy_Zero
February 16th, 2008, 04:23 PM
First, SciFi still has a hand in the Stargate franchise as long as they show the new episodes of Atlantis.

Second, it would be like a special on the History Channel or something. Play it then release the DVD to increase sales.

Third, probably not. If Sci-Fi wanted more SG-1 action, they shouldn't have canceled SG-1.

any_gopher
February 16th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I am almost absolutely positive it will air on Sci-Fi. They're airing SGA, so Stargate as a franchise is still relevant to them. I don't see why they wouldn't air it.

Ryan Anderson
February 16th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I am almost absolutely positive it will air on Sci-Fi. They're airing SGA, so Stargate as a franchise is still relevant to them. I don't see why they wouldn't air it.

I can almost say with 100% certainty that AoT won't air on Sci Fi. Even though SGA is on Sci Fi, the AoT has very little relation with it. MGM doesn't have ties concerning SG1 with Sci Fi.

On another note, showing the movie before release wouldn't increase sales. Many people don't buy or even rent movie twice after they have seen a movie already once. My entire, save myself, is like this and MGM knows far better.

Mitchell82
February 16th, 2008, 08:39 PM
sorry but I have to agree with jenks, that makes no sense

Yeah you're right. MGM would probably rather tell scifi where to shove it.

Zelda
February 17th, 2008, 06:22 AM
I think AoT will show up somewhere on TV. Perhaps MGM will do a "special feature" showing on Scifi. Or, perhaps the movie will be sold in a bundle of other MGM products to another TV channel. :)

the blackheart
February 17th, 2008, 07:19 AM
if its not gonna be on sci fi, someone like Sky will get it for the UK, they seem to get all the stuff like that

Ladyinred
February 17th, 2008, 08:14 AM
I think AoT will show up somewhere on TV. Perhaps MGM will do a "special feature" showing on Scifi. Or, perhaps the movie will be sold in a bundle of other MGM products to another TV channel. :)

I wouldn't expect it on TV SOON. DVD SALES is the most important thing for MGM and I believe they won't allow any TV airing before selling such amount of copies which satisfies them.

kirmit
February 17th, 2008, 12:31 PM
God I hope they don't, they don't deserve to profit from an SG-1 movie after the way they cancelled the show :P

Ladyinred
February 17th, 2008, 12:41 PM
God I hope they don't, they don't deserve to profit from an SG-1 movie after the way they cancelled the show :P

Exactly. Plus, as I said earlier, I think MGM is not interested at all in TV airing any time soon, 'cause this would harm the DVD sales, which is the most important thing for them in the near future.

Platschu
February 17th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I think they will air it at autumn or winter. If somebody wants to buy it, than they will do it in the first 4-5 month. If AoT won't be successful from DVD sales, than they still can earn their money back with an airing on SciFi from advertisements. ;)

Mitchell82
February 17th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I think they will air it at autumn or winter. If somebody wants to buy it, than they will do it in the first 4-5 month. If AoT won't be successful from DVD sales, than they still can earn their money back with an airing on SciFi from advertisements. ;)

True but I really do not want scifi getting a nickel from the movies.

ToasterOnFire
February 18th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Yes, I am convinced that skiffy will show AoT somewhere down the road, likely after DVD sales have tapered off. Same for Continuum.

Integrabyte
February 19th, 2008, 11:49 AM
?

?

poundpuppy29
February 19th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Yes, I am convinced that skiffy will show AoT somewhere down the road, likely after DVD sales have tapered off. Same for Continuum.
I agree it would not surprise me if it after season 10 finishes running in syndication and I think it goes back to scifi (season 8 and 9 did that) they show it with commercials for how to get it during it that way both get money.