Hurray for Midway! (beware of spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurray for Midway! (beware of spoilers)

Midway rocks! I think it was one of the best Atlantis episodes ever: just behind Sateda and Tao of Rodney. I loved the interaction between Ronon and Teal'c. And, I thought the writers were VERY smart to end the sparring match in a draw.
    Newbiegater

Save Stargate Sg-1!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16, NIV

Originally posted by newbiegater View Post
    Midway rocks! I think it was one of the best Atlantis episodes ever: just behind Sateda and Tao of Rodney. I loved the interaction between Ronon and Teal'c. And, I thought the writers were VERY smart to end the sparring match in a draw.
    Agreed this was very well done.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Yes, I too loved this episode. On the "minus side," I missed seeing some of our semi-regulars (Radek, Keller, and not even much of Teyla), but on the "plus side," I thought the action was great.

This episode, more than many others, contained a few elements that I find absolutely wonderful and important. It's the feeling of camaraderie, loyalty, honor and friendship that is displayed by members of this expedition. They don't leave each other behind, and they would literally put their own lives on the line to help each other out. (It's the same concept I loved about the Lord of the Rings movies, among others.) At first Ronon felt antagonism toward Teal'c, but once he realized--on Midway--that Teal'c is brave and strong and determined, Ronon knew they were a lot alike and was willing to fight shoulder to shoulder with him, regardless of the odds. THAT's what I love to see!

Comment

Originally posted by newbiegater View Post
        Midway rocks! I think it was one of the best Atlantis episodes ever

and it only took two actors from SG-1 to make it so. Imagine a whole show with nothing but actors from SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by mindwarped View Post
          and it only took two actors from SG-1 to make it so. Imagine a whole show with nothing but actors from SG-1
          Ha-ha.

I agree. Midway was among the best we've had (Maybe in my Top 5). The scary thing is that Kindreds or TLM might be better, and that's just insane.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

One of the best episodes of Atlantis.
            Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Working...
            X