Fight!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight!!!

i can't believe that this was not the first thread posted!!

we were told that this episode would address the fan's questions of "who would win in a fight, ronon or teal'c?"

i felt jipped to be honest, it was a good fight (all three seconds of it anyway...) but who would have been declared the winner? what do you guys think

my vote? Teal'c all the way!!

i'm surprised the people on Atlantis thought two people hitting themselves with sticks and throwing punches was entertainment.

pain is not entertainment
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      i'm surprised the people on Atlantis thought two people hitting themselves with sticks and throwing punches was entertainment.

pain is not entertainment
      Ummm...I'm guessing you don't know how popular contact sports are on Earth, right? And how much betting an event like a boxing title match attracts...It actually made it seem "real" to me...

Comment

you guys are missing the point...

who's the winner?

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
          Ummm...I'm guessing you don't know how popular contact sports are on Earth, right? And how much betting an event like a boxing title match attracts...It actually made it seem "real" to me...
          yeah i guessed i was kinda surprised on how many people including Sheppard was just sitting back and enjoying this.
          but i was rooting for teal.c
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by CommanderThor11 View Post
            you guys are missing the point...

who's the winner?
            I think it was obvious from the point the fight was first mentioned that there wouldn't be a winner. Ronon got in some good shots, but Teal'c appeared to be gaining the upper hand when Sam stepped in. Like I said in the general discussion thread, the fight only served to fuel the debate, rather than answer the question...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              yeah i guessed i was kinda surprised on how many people including Sheppard was just sitting back and enjoying this.
              but i was rooting for teal.c
              I loved that they were all betting on it and enjoying the fight. Like I said, I think it just made it feel a bit more real. Even in real life, tension needs to be released so, why not make it an event EVERYONE can enjoy?
              And I was also rooting for Teal'c. I mean, I love Ronon and he's very hot and all, but Teal'c is indeed THE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                I loved that they were all betting on it and enjoying the fight. Like I said, I think it just made it feel a bit more real. Even in real life, tension needs to be released so, why not make it an event EVERYONE can enjoy?
                And I was also rooting for Teal'c. I mean, I love Ronon and he's very hot and all, but Teal'c is indeed THE MAN!
                i was hoping that would be the consensus amongst us gateheads, but i wanted to see. he's got the experience and the muscle. ronon is just, big

Comment

Teal'c would have been the winner.

Ronon is strong and all, but he relies only on his size in most battles, while Teal'c has technique and experience, not to mention that incredible set off muscles, especially for his age (130 WOW).

Off course since it's an Atlantis episode, the Atlantis fans would have had a stroke if that happened. So a tie is a reasonable (by reasonable I mean diplomatic ) end.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok im gonna be completely serious right now. I would totaly love to death an episode entirely centered around tealc and ronin rematch fighting. Serious. Like half the episode is just them kicking the $#!* out of eachother. Sometimes with sticks, sometimes bare hands, sometimes with chairs or props.

Throw in some other relationship subplots like Sunday and youve got a Top Tier episode.

Comment

Hmm, let me think about that for minute... um... TEAL'C. All the way, 100%. Not that I don't like Ronon or anything, but I just think that Teal'c would win b/c Ronon is so reckless Teal'c would probably be able to out-think Ronon. Still cranky they left us hanging, though. Arrgh! Quit teasin' us, guys!
                      So that would make the score card:

Teal'c: 6 (?)
                      Ronon: 0

Comment

Maybe that's why they were watching the Three Stooges, they were picking up some pointers.

The fight makes perfect sense to me. Speaking from experience, when two people throw down in a military unit, there are people cheering for one person or the other to win. The military has Armed Forces Boxing, too.

I would've loved for the fight to go one way or the other before it was stopped, but if I had to pick a winner I'd go with Teal'c. Experience is invaluable, plus he knows when to move and when to wait for an attacker to come to him.
                        It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                        --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

And...
                          Teal'c: 7
                          Ronon: 0

Comment

Who loses in a fight between Teal'c and Ronan?

The Wraith!

Comment

I would definitley bet my money on Teal'c, he got in a good punch just before sam stopped them too =)

Granted ronon is strong, but then again Teal'c is stronger and uses more technique and wisdom =p

ah that reminds me, i love the way he took down cam.. ouch.

Comment

Working...
                              X