PDA

View Full Version : Currency in Atlantis

DeltaEagle
February 16th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Hey, did you guys notice the bet was made (when Teal'c and Ronon were sparring) in Euro and Japanese Yen? (and possibly including other currencies)
SGA prop team certainly has a sense of humor.

x303
February 16th, 2008, 06:09 AM
i didn't notice or think about it but thats pretty good considerin its all international on Atlantis. Why would they really need money tho, until they got back to earth? there aint no shops and food should b free. maybe they do bets like this all the time

reddevil18
February 16th, 2008, 06:20 AM
i didn't notice or think about it but thats pretty good considerin its all international on Atlantis. Why would they really need money tho, until they got back to earth? there aint no shops and food should b free. maybe they do bets like this all the time
Indeed. I think it's less about a sense of humor and more about accuracy. They had Euros, Canadian Dollars and Yen as far as I could tell. Which was great, considering that there are so many nationalities on the expedition...
And yeah, they do seem to bet on all kinds of things. Like Zelenka and McKay in Doppleganger - what was that about? What they would discover on the planet or something? Yeah, free accomodation, food, medical service and a hell of a view, to go along with a great job. They REALLY wouldn't need the money and I assume they get paid handsome sums, so making these kinds of bets would be fun.:D

Boz4646
February 16th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Sheppard was using Canadian currency after the draw.

x303
February 16th, 2008, 06:40 AM
still need humour thats what makes atlantis good!

JackHarkness_Hot
February 16th, 2008, 06:53 AM
I think they use whatever is handiest to bet with. Since Atlantis doesn't use currency then they just bet with what they have then when they go back to Earth, they can just go to the bank and get it exchange.

It's really not that difficult or mystifying, LOL

Opener
February 16th, 2008, 10:59 AM
They need money so they can buy each other a beer.

Enzo Aquarius
February 16th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Sheppard was using Canadian currency after the draw.

Indeed, Sheppard took, what appears to be 2 Five-Dollar Canadian bills off of Chuck, then gave back one.

jyh
February 16th, 2008, 06:05 PM
All of which begs the question..... where do they spend this money? It's not like they have to buy their food, or there's a mall nearby. Maybe the IOA can get a contract with 7-Eleven or Starbucks to open on Atlantis. Better yet, a bar & grill with TVs to show DVDs of various sporting events taking place on earth (Super Bowl, World Cup, the NHL....)

Can you imagine filling out THAT application to sell Slurpees in the Pegasus Galaxy?? ;)