Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is why Earth can't have nice things!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why Earth can't have nice things!

People keep blowing up all our new toys!

Are these really the best of the best? A pair of lazy guards and a couple of techs who barely know their pinky toe from a power conduit! And then to get midway blown up. It's just disappointing that Earth can't ever have nice things.

I sense an "Ann Robinson"-moment (Weakest Link) here...

"Who can't tell the difference between their pinky toe and a power conduit? Who needs to go back home and coward away from the Wraith? Vote off the weakest link!"

"Ann.. I'm voting Kavanagh cos he blew up our Midway station.."

- sorry, I'm bored, lol

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post

"Who can't tell the difference between their pinky toe and a power conduit? Who needs to go back home and coward away from the Wraith? Vote off the weakest link!"

- sorry, I'm bored, lol
      lol, I would not like to be Kavanagh right now, he'll never get another job related to the Stargate programme
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

we keep our ships for the most part. only two have been destroyed so far.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

So we keep the things that make us the kings of the universe but when it comes to something that just cuts travel time, then it has to go.

Yeah that's logical

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            we keep our ships for the most part. only two have been destroyed so far.
            Yeah, 2 out of 5. Not that great a record, if you ask me.

Comment

I don't like Kavanough, but the destruction of Midway station is not entirely his foul. Actually i'm not sure if bypassing the critical systems and shooting the PG-gate was not necesarely in those circumstances. And it remains a mistery how Kavanough knew that code without being informed about all the stuff the code does.

Maby we should assign blame to the poor security and protocols on the station and how the scientists there cannot recognize Atlantis Gate signatures by other PG gates. Without the corect management Midway was a huge security risk and its destruction is even convenient.

But my big issue is how came a race of people (us) with the most performant ships in known universe is still in constant defensive and pasivity and the Wraith which are in a clear disadvantage inflict us so much damage. What the hack we are waiting for? For Michael or Todd to came with a briliant plan to wipe us out? Or maby we wait for all the PG humans to be feed off and the Wraith to came after us like a last resort. We have Daedalus class ships, maby a good ally in Travelers and a way to track the Wraith hives and stealth and beaming capabilities and there is no justification why we wait for the Wraith to find countermessures. From military perspective this is not acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
                earth still has the Asgard tech and our ships are still in one piece for now

the midway station was underused by the writers so it was time to blow it up
                Well, thank God we had a fair amount of episodes in Atlantis itself this season, or else it might have been time to blow it up...

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                  Well, thank God we had a fair amount of episodes in Atlantis itself this season, or else it might have been time to blow it up...

Now there is an idea
                  sigpic

Comment

Next time people!!, put a damn iris on it! on both gates so the ori dont come in and try to do another crusade there.

Comment

The weirdest thing is that there was originally an iris, at least on the Milky Way gate in "Adrift" but the writers seemingly went against that.

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...ft%5F0221.html
                      This one shows the dual-gate screen with the Pegasus gate visible and the Milky Way one to the far left
                      http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...ft%5F0222.html
                      The second picture shows an iris on the Milky Way gate.

So the whole premise for the episode is kind of wrong.

Vala,

Comment

I am usually not one to complain about the glory that is stargate But , come on that was the weakest excuse for a midway infiltration and distructions ever.

Comment

I'm like 99% sure that when McKay says no need for an iris or shield in the previously segment, that it was added in.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post

- sorry, I'm bored, lol
                            Nah, you've gotta keep him around till the final round. If you want to keep your win, you want to going up against him. He's stupid... doesn't even know the Princess Rosyline's surname. Tactical voting, Jack. Tactical voting.
                            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

yeah i remember that episode and he never said "no need for a iris"

Comment

Working...
                              X