PDA

View Full Version : If the furlings were introduced . .

Valos Cor
February 15th, 2008, 07:53 PM
If the furlings were indroduced , i rekon the only way to make it effective would be that they aren't called the furlings. They like changed there names over the many thousand melenia that they haven't been in the alliance(when we meet them we don't realise who they are , and we don't realise they are untill there is a massive character development becuase everyone will judge them if they were called the furlings .. ), maybe they were the race that had a disagreement with the other 3 races and "they left our region of space many mellenia ago"- fifth race. I rekon they could bring the furlings in as both a good or bad guy . . And i think that making them a bad guy would really add the the diversity of the show. We've met 3 of the great races and they've all been friendly , If the furlings were bad , that would be awesome . .

also , if they were the bad guys they would be really the only enemy that could truly equal atlantis.

VSS
February 15th, 2008, 08:59 PM
If the furlings were indroduced , i rekon the only way to make it effective would be that they aren't called the furlings. They like changed there names over the many thousand melenia that they haven't been in the alliance(when we meet them we don't realise who they are , and we don't realise they are untill there is a massive character development becuase everyone will judge them if they were called the furlings .. ), maybe they were the race that had a disagreement with the other 3 races and "they left our region of space many mellenia ago"- fifth race. I rekon they could bring the furlings in as both a good or bad guy . . And i think that making them a bad guy would really add the the diversity of the show. We've met 3 of the great races and they've all been friendly , If the furlings were bad , that would be awesome . .

also , if they were the bad guys they would be really the only enemy that could truly equal atlantis.

Yeah, but truly bad civilizations don't last that long. They turn on themselves.

nx01a
February 15th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Like humanity? :P

Icedragon
February 15th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Like humanity? :P

The Tollans did. They were human.

nx01a
February 15th, 2008, 09:51 PM
The Tollan weren't bad, just arrogant to the point where they got themselves destroyed by a more powerful enemy. Kinda like the Ancients.
Humans are the type to seek out even the most unlikely threat and exterminate it if it might even possibly become a bigger threat someday.
Remember: for all their genetic evil and in-fighting, the Goa'uld were still ably running their empire for thousands of years.

Icedragon
February 16th, 2008, 03:35 AM
The Tollan weren't bad, just arrogant to the point where they got themselves destroyed by a more powerful enemy. Kinda like the Ancients.
Humans are the type to seek out even the most unlikely threat and exterminate it if it might even possibly become a bigger threat someday.
Remember: for all their genetic evil and in-fighting, the Goa'uld were still ably running their empire for thousands of years.

I meant the point of humanity destroying itself. Not that they were evil.

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 16th, 2008, 03:43 AM
I dont see any point for the Furlings to be introduced in Atlantis, mentioned maybe but actually seen? Whats the point? They might be better off seen in a movie or the third Stargate series whenever that comes out.

Icedragon
February 16th, 2008, 04:43 AM
I dont see any point for the Furlings to be introduced in Atlantis, mentioned maybe but actually seen? Whats the point? They might be better off seen in a movie or the third Stargate series whenever that comes out.

I fully agree. Id rather a movie, keep SG-1 with SG-1.

Dev Corvin
February 16th, 2008, 04:51 AM
http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/dsc04410.jpg

*whistles innocently*

Dark lord me
February 16th, 2008, 05:35 AM
http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/dsc04410.jpg

*whistles innocently*

so i'm to assume that that is furling ?

reddevil18
February 16th, 2008, 06:19 AM

Well, no. But the best bet would be that it belongs to the new alien race that is to be introduced in season 5. I doubt they're Furlings, but...

As for the OP...I can see them changing their names:

Huge ship arrives in orbit around the planet Atlantis is on.
Sheppard: What the...?
Alien: We are the glux'clau.
Ronon:.......
Glux'clau alien: *sigh* Blig'gla, I told you this is a stupid name. I mean, "glux'clau"?!
Blig'gla: We were known as the Furlings once...
McKay: Wait...THE Furlings? Part of the alliance of four races in the Milky Way? That's amazing. But...why'd you change your name?
Glux'clau alien: Ugh...Several months ago, we recieved a video signal coming from the Milky Way galaxy...Earth to be more exact. What we saw convinced us to change our name to something more...menacing. "Glux'clau"...*sigh* For cryin' out loud...
McKay: Really? What signal?
Glux'clau alien: Return of the Jedi.

Dev Corvin
February 16th, 2008, 06:24 AM

Perhaps.

'tis from an episode of Season 5. Compare it to the Quantum Mirror / the key for the gateway Maybourne and Jack use, and the "Grace" aliens ship.

wraith form Replicator
February 26th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Furlings are dead and never coming back, deal with it.

Jeffala
February 26th, 2008, 09:13 PM
If the furlings were indroduced

Then I would bortch on my television.

Hopefully.

jenks
February 26th, 2008, 09:17 PM

I must have missed an episode...

nx01a
February 26th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I think the Furlings are a great concept, this missing fourth Great Race. After '200' and their 'introduction', I don't think tptb will bring them back. But I live in hope that it's done and done well.

nx01a
February 26th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Blasphemers!!!!!!
That is not dead which can eternally lie, and, with strange eons, even death may die!

pigletpie
February 26th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Yeah, but truly bad civilizations don't last that long. They turn on themselves.

but there could be two sides like the ori and the ancients so then hey could last for quite some time...

Cynycal
February 27th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Well, no. But the best bet would be that it belongs to the new alien race that is to be introduced in season 5. I doubt they're Furlings, but...

As for the OP...I can see them changing their names:

Huge ship arrives in orbit around the planet Atlantis is on.
Sheppard: What the...?
Alien: We are the glux'clau.
Ronon:.......
Glux'clau alien: *sigh* Blig'gla, I told you this is a stupid name. I mean, "glux'clau"?!
Blig'gla: We were known as the Furlings once...
McKay: Wait...THE Furlings? Part of the alliance of four races in the Milky Way? That's amazing. But...why'd you change your name?
Glux'clau alien: Ugh...Several months ago, we recieved a video signal coming from the Milky Way galaxy...Earth to be more exact. What we saw convinced us to change our name to something more...menacing. "Glux'clau"...*sigh* For cryin' out loud...
McKay: Really? What signal?
Glux'clau alien: Return of the Jedi.

hahahaha that was awesome..

on that note however the Furlings could be more like Wookies than Ewoks one would hope.. if they did indeed have fur which is obviously not necessarily true just because of their name. I do kind of like having this mystery there though, I wouldn't mind them finding out more about them, perhaps some ruins, old tech left behind, some kind of story to explain where they went, if they died off..etc.. but actually meeting them would remove alot of what makes them interesting. thats just me though.

SP90
February 27th, 2008, 08:23 AM
If they are introduced, I hope they will be anything BUT furry or fluffy. Make them look reptilian or something like those dudes from V.

kymeric
February 27th, 2008, 11:45 AM
The furlings should be saved as an ace in the hole. Wait till fandom needs a shot in the pants to rile up them up.

announcer voice "For 13 years weve wondered who they were, where they came from and what sort of Unspeakable Nightmares could have erased almost every trace of them... coming this fall from SCIFI.... STARGATE:FURLINGS, learn the truth. BUM BUM BUM <picture of planet exploding>"

^.^

GATEGOD
February 28th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Ehat they should do is give some clues to the furlings in an ep or two in season 5 and later down the line to 6 or 7 or when they hit season 34 :p address the Furlings!

xSFx
March 1st, 2008, 10:48 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:

The Furlings
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1130/furriesvsklingonsatbowlsv2.jpg