Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this mean for Todd?

Well, let's speculate.

So, Todd hacked into Rodney's computer (I wonder if this happened when Rodney ran off with his 'best idea in weeks' during BAMSR - maybe that's when Todd figured it might be a good idea to gather some intel from McKay).

The Wraith leader in Midway said he 'procured' the information from Todd - which may mean that he either took it by threat or by force, or picked Todd's brain through telepathy. So, Todd may not have WILLINGLY given the information to the other Wraith.

However, that doesn't help the fact that Todd HAD the info in the first place. Is Todd trying to find earth, too? Or did he just gather random information, some of which dealt with Midway? My gut is telling me that these two Wraith, and their masked hordes, were actually carrying out Todd's plans...plans that Todd himself told the Wraith who betrayed him.

Now - do you think he can wiggle out of this next time he meets up with Sheppard? Or do you think this basically signals the end of Todd? He's such a great character I'd hate to see him killed off - and I LOVE his alliance with the Lanteans - but I fear after this episode, the Lanteans will no longer view him as a friend. All bets are certainly off now.

das
    sigpic

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
    Now - do you think he can wiggle out of this next time he meets up with Sheppard? Or do you think this basically signals the end of Todd? He's such a great character I'd hate to see him killed off - and I LOVE his alliance with the Lanteans - but I fear after this episode, the Lanteans will no longer view him as a friend. All bets are certainly off now.
    das
    I don't know, he kinda had that "used car salesman" thing going on in SoW, so maybe he can talk his way out of it, even if he was behind the whole thing. I just got the impression, though, that he was forced somehow to disclose what he knew about the Atlantis expedition... who knows, hope they explore this some more in the future.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm not too sure Todd was really behind this. The head Wraith here was the same one that double crossed Todd, and took his hive from him. (or is at least the same actor)

If anything, it sounds like Todd was being setup as a bonus.

Comment

Sheppard kills Todd in TLM. (Just Kidding)
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

which may mean that he either took it by threat or by force, or picked Todd's brain through telepathy. So, Todd may not have WILLINGLY given the information to the other Wraith.
          I am hoping it was the latter rather than the former. If he did betray us, i don't see him ever regaining it... ANd that imo would be a loss.

However, that doesn't help the fact that Todd HAD the info in the first place. Is Todd trying to find earth, too? Or did he just gather random information, some of which dealt with Midway? My gut is telling me that these two Wraith, and their masked hordes, were actually carrying out Todd's plans...plans that Todd himself told the Wraith who betrayed him.
          I do wonder why todd got the info. BUT he did say he was looking to 'reup his status' when he got free. So maybe he gathered that intell in anticipation of his release..[/QUOTE]

[quote]The head Wraith here was the same one that double crossed Todd, and took his hive from him. (or is at least the same actor)

If anything, it sounds like Todd was being setup as a bonus./quote]

That is true, plus it also looked like the same one who fed on Larrin. BUT if he was wanting to set up todd, then how did they get the Macro info??

Comment

Well I am sure that the writers will explain everything for us in a future episode and wrap every thing up in a neet little package.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
              I don't know, he kinda had that "used car salesman" thing going on in SoW, so maybe he can talk his way out of it, even if he was behind the whole thing. I just got the impression, though, that he was forced somehow to disclose what he knew about the Atlantis expedition... who knows, hope they explore this some more in the future.
              I think he can if he has a chance. And I see him as an exteremly good liar, so we won't know if he is telling the truth or not (again).

I also think that he was forced to reveal some information to save his life. The Wraith seem much too competitive to just give out any info 'for free'. Especially, taking into consideration that Todd wanted to regain HIS OWN position, not help others to do so.

Icarium

Comment

I like the idea that the other Wraith were trying to set Todd up. When the Leader says he procured the info from Todd, he turns and looks at the other Wraith (the one from Todd's hive who betrayed him) as if to say, 'the humans do not need to know the truth about how we procured the information, correct?', and that leads me to believe that - perhaps - the Wraith could have been setting Todd up for the fall.

Think of it this way...

In The Hive, Sheppard did the same thing - he made the Queen think that the other hive had sent him in, and it eventually lead to the two hives destroying each other. The Wraith Leader in Midway may be playing the same game. He is obviously not pleased with Todd, and he knows that Todd has the support of the Lanteans if he gets into trouble again. By suggesting to Sheppard that Todd isn't to be trusted, the next time he gets in trouble (like is SoW), it's unlikely the Lanteans will be eager to help him.

So, yes - it could have been the Wraith's way of weakening the alliance between Todd and the Lanteans.

However - it still had to be Todd who gained the information in the first place. Now - it could be that he stumbled across the information by accident, and just retained it in case it came in handy in the future...but I think he's still got a LOT of explaining...

...which I HOPE he's given a chance to do. Todd is about my favorite character right now because he DOES shake things up a bit. I also like his 'friendship' with the Lanteans...it brings such a great dynamic to the show and to the other characters. So, I hope they keep him around a good long while, and continue to use him as they have been (as an ally of questionable motives), and not turn him into the next arch enemy.

das
                sigpic

Comment

Maybe I just want to believe that Todd was not guilty of this attack, but I think he would carry out the attack in a smarter way and he would succeed. We know that he is capable of planning ahead.
                  And if the leader of the Wraith wanted to shake Todd's alliance with the Lanteans, he could just refer to him as 'commander' or suggest that Todd was leading the attack and for sure the Lanteans would be pissed off.

Icarium

Comment

Originally posted by Icarium
                    Maybe I just want to believe that Todd was not guilty of this attack, but I think he would carry out the attack in a smarter way and he would succeed.
                    I don't think he was guilty of the attack. He MAY have planned a similar attack - or...perhaps...ah, ah, AH!

Todd COULD have done this on purpose. He said he wanted to defeat the other hives (perhaps he has a vendetta against those who did not welcome him back after he escaped Genii captivity). Todd knows the humans from Earth are a force to contend with - and he could feel they are NOT worth the trouble. So...what does he do? He gains the information the Wraith want (how to get to earth), knowing that if the Wraith try, they will be faced with a formidable foe. With some of the Wraith preoccupied with trying to take earth, Todd can go freely about the Pegasus galaxy, perhaps building his reputation among other Wraith and feeding without competition from other hives, while the rest waste their energies on trying to take earth. In this way, Todd would use the fighting power of the humans to his advantage in taking down Wraith who do not share his vision (whatever that vision may be).

Now, something like that would work for me. It's similar to what Rodney did by using Fran. Fran attracted the replicator cells to her, drawing them all to one place so they could be destroyed. Perhaps Todd was using Midway as his 'Fran' - a place that would attract his enemy Wraith to one place, where he knows the humans will defeat them, without any effort on his part.

Could that have been his plan all along?? To draw the Wraith hostile to him to Midway, and use the humans to defeat them instead of risking his own life to do so???

das
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, maybe his plan is so sophisticated that we humans cannot really get it
                      Still, I don't think he wanted Midway destroyed. All in all, there is food shortage in PG and it was the quickest way to Earth. And poor execution of the plan didn't really eliminate many Wraith, just 2 leaders and a bunch of drones.

Icarium

Comment

Originally posted by Tain View Post
                        I'm not too sure Todd was really behind this. The head Wraith here was the same one that double crossed Todd, and took his hive from him. (or is at least the same actor)

If anything, it sounds like Todd was being setup as a bonus.
                        Yes, the wraith gave the information out too freely like he was trying to setup Todd. You wouldnt want a rival hive to have anykind of agreement with your worst enemy.

My gut feeling as soon as I heard it was that it was a lie and that to me the more logical bad guy is Mikey who as we know was previously given access to Atlantis, and as we know from spoilers
                        Spoiler:
                        has access to at least one former Atlantis command staff member.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                          Yes, the wraith gave the information out too freely like he was trying to setup Todd. You wouldnt want a rival hive to have anykind of agreement with your worst enemy.
                          So true. I hope you're right.

My gut feeling as soon as I heard it was that it was a lie and that to me the more logical bad guy is Mikey who as we know was previously given access to Atlantis, and as we know from spoilers
                          Spoiler:
                          has access to at least one former Atlantis command staff member.
                          But would Michael have done that if he had the information. It still seems as if Todd got the info while at Atlantis, and the other Wraith maybe forced it out of him (or 'stole' it telepathically).

What do you make of the look the Wraith leader gives to Todd's betrayer after the leader tells Sheppard that he gained the info from Todd? Any thoughts on that 'look'?

das
                          sigpic

Comment

This look may mean: 'Haha, they didn't recognise me! So they won't check the cloning facility again!'

He could have killed two birds with one stone

Icarium

Comment

Originally posted by SpetzAU
                              If Todd did indeed get the info while he was on Atlantis with McKay, I'd say it was more about "having a bet each way". Todd helps them, betting that it will be of benefit to his plans.... but helps himself, just in case.

He has no reason to completely trust the humans on Atlantis. Think about this: every time he's visited them, voluntarily or otherwise, he's been handcuffed and guarded. This wouldn't endear much trust between him and the Atlantis humans; let alone the humans trusting Todd.

Don't know what to make of the look. Not enough cues to definitively suggest one thing or the other. I reckon the look was significant, not just overacting. I want to believe that Todd did not voluntarily give them the info about the existence of Midway.

Not knowing what to make of the look is good. Introduces a small mystery, gives the writers something to maybe address later on....... gives us a reason to keep watching the show
                              I like your way of thinking. Basically, I'm afraid that TPTB are turning Todd around to a darker side, and that's not what I want - I mean, there are thousands upon thousands of 'bad' Wraith out there (though I see none of them as truly 'bad' - just hungry). So I like how you put this - that he was just gaining a bit of an edge (by taking intel) in case he needed to use it later on.

The look may simply have been a clue to the audience that these this guy was lying his behind off, and looked at the other Wraith to say 'I think they bought it. That'll teach our kind to be friends with humans.'

Well, it certainly will keep me watching, now! Gotta know if Todd is good, or just as tricksty as the rest. I want him to be a little of both - not all good, but certainly not as cold-blooded as the others.

Originally posted by Icarium
                              This look may mean: 'Haha, they didn't recognise me! So they won't check the cloning facility again!'
                              LOLOL! Could be!!

das
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X