PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean for Todd?

dasNdanger
February 15th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Well, let's speculate.

So, Todd hacked into Rodney's computer (I wonder if this happened when Rodney ran off with his 'best idea in weeks' during BAMSR - maybe that's when Todd figured it might be a good idea to gather some intel from McKay).

The Wraith leader in Midway said he 'procured' the information from Todd - which may mean that he either took it by threat or by force, or picked Todd's brain through telepathy. So, Todd may not have WILLINGLY given the information to the other Wraith.

However, that doesn't help the fact that Todd HAD the info in the first place. Is Todd trying to find earth, too? Or did he just gather random information, some of which dealt with Midway? My gut is telling me that these two Wraith, and their masked hordes, were actually carrying out Todd's plans...plans that Todd himself told the Wraith who betrayed him.

Now - do you think he can wiggle out of this next time he meets up with Sheppard? Or do you think this basically signals the end of Todd? He's such a great character I'd hate to see him killed off - and I LOVE his alliance with the Lanteans - but I fear after this episode, the Lanteans will no longer view him as a friend. All bets are certainly off now.

das

Lythisrose
February 15th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Now - do you think he can wiggle out of this next time he meets up with Sheppard? Or do you think this basically signals the end of Todd? He's such a great character I'd hate to see him killed off - and I LOVE his alliance with the Lanteans - but I fear after this episode, the Lanteans will no longer view him as a friend. All bets are certainly off now.
das

I don't know, he kinda had that "used car salesman" thing going on in SoW, so maybe he can talk his way out of it, even if he was behind the whole thing. I just got the impression, though, that he was forced somehow to disclose what he knew about the Atlantis expedition... who knows, hope they explore this some more in the future.:)

Tain
February 15th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I'm not too sure Todd was really behind this. The head Wraith here was the same one that double crossed Todd, and took his hive from him. (or is at least the same actor)

If anything, it sounds like Todd was being setup as a bonus.

jelgate
February 15th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Sheppard kills Todd in TLM. (Just Kidding)

garhkal
February 15th, 2008, 09:31 PM
which may mean that he either took it by threat or by force, or picked Todd's brain through telepathy. So, Todd may not have WILLINGLY given the information to the other Wraith.

I am hoping it was the latter rather than the former. If he did betray us, i don't see him ever regaining it... ANd that imo would be a loss.

However, that doesn't help the fact that Todd HAD the info in the first place. Is Todd trying to find earth, too? Or did he just gather random information, some of which dealt with Midway? My gut is telling me that these two Wraith, and their masked hordes, were actually carrying out Todd's plans...plans that Todd himself told the Wraith who betrayed him.

I do wonder why todd got the info. BUT he did say he was looking to 'reup his status' when he got free. So maybe he gathered that intell in anticipation of his release..[/QUOTE]

[quote]The head Wraith here was the same one that double crossed Todd, and took his hive from him. (or is at least the same actor)

If anything, it sounds like Todd was being setup as a bonus./quote]

That is true, plus it also looked like the same one who fed on Larrin. BUT if he was wanting to set up todd, then how did they get the Macro info??

chestnu1
February 15th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Well I am sure that the writers will explain everything for us in a future episode and wrap every thing up in a neet little package.

Icarium
February 15th, 2008, 10:46 PM
I don't know, he kinda had that "used car salesman" thing going on in SoW, so maybe he can talk his way out of it, even if he was behind the whole thing. I just got the impression, though, that he was forced somehow to disclose what he knew about the Atlantis expedition... who knows, hope they explore this some more in the future.:)

I think he can if he has a chance. And I see him as an exteremly good liar, so we won't know if he is telling the truth or not (again).

I also think that he was forced to reveal some information to save his life. The Wraith seem much too competitive to just give out any info 'for free'. Especially, taking into consideration that Todd wanted to regain HIS OWN position, not help others to do so.

Icarium

dasNdanger
February 16th, 2008, 01:59 AM
I like the idea that the other Wraith were trying to set Todd up. When the Leader says he procured the info from Todd, he turns and looks at the other Wraith (the one from Todd's hive who betrayed him) as if to say, 'the humans do not need to know the truth about how we procured the information, correct?', and that leads me to believe that - perhaps - the Wraith could have been setting Todd up for the fall.

Think of it this way...

In The Hive, Sheppard did the same thing - he made the Queen think that the other hive had sent him in, and it eventually lead to the two hives destroying each other. The Wraith Leader in Midway may be playing the same game. He is obviously not pleased with Todd, and he knows that Todd has the support of the Lanteans if he gets into trouble again. By suggesting to Sheppard that Todd isn't to be trusted, the next time he gets in trouble (like is SoW), it's unlikely the Lanteans will be eager to help him.

So, yes - it could have been the Wraith's way of weakening the alliance between Todd and the Lanteans.

However - it still had to be Todd who gained the information in the first place. Now - it could be that he stumbled across the information by accident, and just retained it in case it came in handy in the future...but I think he's still got a LOT of explaining...

...which I HOPE he's given a chance to do. Todd is about my favorite character right now because he DOES shake things up a bit. I also like his 'friendship' with the Lanteans...it brings such a great dynamic to the show and to the other characters. So, I hope they keep him around a good long while, and continue to use him as they have been (as an ally of questionable motives), and not turn him into the next arch enemy.

das

Icarium
February 16th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Maybe I just want to believe that Todd was not guilty of this attack, but I think he would carry out the attack in a smarter way and he would succeed. We know that he is capable of planning ahead.
And if the leader of the Wraith wanted to shake Todd's alliance with the Lanteans, he could just refer to him as 'commander' or suggest that Todd was leading the attack and for sure the Lanteans would be pissed off.

Icarium

dasNdanger
February 16th, 2008, 03:15 AM
Maybe I just want to believe that Todd was not guilty of this attack, but I think he would carry out the attack in a smarter way and he would succeed.

I don't think he was guilty of the attack. He MAY have planned a similar attack - or...perhaps...ah, ah, AH!

Todd COULD have done this on purpose. He said he wanted to defeat the other hives (perhaps he has a vendetta against those who did not welcome him back after he escaped Genii captivity). Todd knows the humans from Earth are a force to contend with - and he could feel they are NOT worth the trouble. So...what does he do? He gains the information the Wraith want (how to get to earth), knowing that if the Wraith try, they will be faced with a formidable foe. With some of the Wraith preoccupied with trying to take earth, Todd can go freely about the Pegasus galaxy, perhaps building his reputation among other Wraith and feeding without competition from other hives, while the rest waste their energies on trying to take earth. In this way, Todd would use the fighting power of the humans to his advantage in taking down Wraith who do not share his vision (whatever that vision may be).

Now, something like that would work for me. It's similar to what Rodney did by using Fran. Fran attracted the replicator cells to her, drawing them all to one place so they could be destroyed. Perhaps Todd was using Midway as his 'Fran' - a place that would attract his enemy Wraith to one place, where he knows the humans will defeat them, without any effort on his part.

Could that have been his plan all along?? To draw the Wraith hostile to him to Midway, and use the humans to defeat them instead of risking his own life to do so???

das

Icarium
February 16th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Well, maybe his plan is so sophisticated that we humans cannot really get it ;)
Still, I don't think he wanted Midway destroyed. All in all, there is food shortage in PG and it was the quickest way to Earth. And poor execution of the plan didn't really eliminate many Wraith, just 2 leaders and a bunch of drones.

Icarium

AGateFan
February 16th, 2008, 03:36 AM
I'm not too sure Todd was really behind this. The head Wraith here was the same one that double crossed Todd, and took his hive from him. (or is at least the same actor)

If anything, it sounds like Todd was being setup as a bonus.
Yes, the wraith gave the information out too freely like he was trying to setup Todd. You wouldnt want a rival hive to have anykind of agreement with your worst enemy.

My gut feeling as soon as I heard it was that it was a lie and that to me the more logical bad guy is Mikey who as we know was previously given access to Atlantis, and as we know from spoilers has access to at least one former Atlantis command staff member.

dasNdanger
February 16th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Yes, the wraith gave the information out too freely like he was trying to setup Todd. You wouldnt want a rival hive to have anykind of agreement with your worst enemy.

So true. I hope you're right.

My gut feeling as soon as I heard it was that it was a lie and that to me the more logical bad guy is Mikey who as we know was previously given access to Atlantis, and as we know from spoilers has access to at least one former Atlantis command staff member.

But would Michael have done that if he had the information. It still seems as if Todd got the info while at Atlantis, and the other Wraith maybe forced it out of him (or 'stole' it telepathically).

What do you make of the look the Wraith leader gives to Todd's betrayer after the leader tells Sheppard that he gained the info from Todd? Any thoughts on that 'look'?

das

Icarium
February 16th, 2008, 05:51 AM
This look may mean: 'Haha, they didn't recognise me! So they won't check the cloning facility again!'

He could have killed two birds with one stone ;)

Icarium

dasNdanger
February 16th, 2008, 09:10 AM
If Todd did indeed get the info while he was on Atlantis with McKay, I'd say it was more about "having a bet each way". Todd helps them, betting that it will be of benefit to his plans.... but helps himself, just in case.

He has no reason to completely trust the humans on Atlantis. Think about this: every time he's visited them, voluntarily or otherwise, he's been handcuffed and guarded. This wouldn't endear much trust between him and the Atlantis humans; let alone the humans trusting Todd.

Don't know what to make of the look. Not enough cues to definitively suggest one thing or the other. I reckon the look was significant, not just overacting. I want to believe that Todd did not voluntarily give them the info about the existence of Midway.

Not knowing what to make of the look is good. Introduces a small mystery, gives the writers something to maybe address later on....... gives us a reason to keep watching the show ;)

I like your way of thinking. Basically, I'm afraid that TPTB are turning Todd around to a darker side, and that's not what I want - I mean, there are thousands upon thousands of 'bad' Wraith out there (though I see none of them as truly 'bad' - just hungry). So I like how you put this - that he was just gaining a bit of an edge (by taking intel) in case he needed to use it later on.

The look may simply have been a clue to the audience that these this guy was lying his behind off, and looked at the other Wraith to say 'I think they bought it. That'll teach our kind to be friends with humans.'

Well, it certainly will keep me watching, now! Gotta know if Todd is good, or just as tricksty as the rest. I want him to be a little of both - not all good, but certainly not as cold-blooded as the others.

This look may mean: 'Haha, they didn't recognise me! So they won't check the cloning facility again!'

LOLOL! Could be!!

:)

das

Pudding
February 16th, 2008, 01:26 PM
If Todd did indeed get the info while he was on Atlantis with McKay, I'd say it was more about "having a bet each way". Todd helps them, betting that it will be of benefit to his plans.... but helps himself, just in case.

Yes. And most people, when entering a situation similar to his, leave themselves a back door - literally or metaphorically. If the whole "stopping the Replicators" plan didn't work out so well, this info would be his back door - assuming he could get off of Atlantis.

Lord batchi ball
February 16th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Todd should DIE!!!!!!!!!

Ltcolshepjumper
February 16th, 2008, 05:28 PM
We'll find out next week. What I'm thinking is that he was forced to give up the info, based on next week's promos.

MattSilver 3k
February 16th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I think Todd is like Maybourne. He screws over everybody, is kinda evil in a way, and has a vendetta with the main character.

Going by that, I hope Todd survives in the long run.

YutheGreat
February 16th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Well, let's speculate.

So, Todd hacked into Rodney's computer (I wonder if this happened when Rodney ran off with his 'best idea in weeks' during BAMSR - maybe that's when Todd figured it might be a good idea to gather some intel from McKay).

The Wraith leader in Midway said he 'procured' the information from Todd - which may mean that he either took it by threat or by force, or picked Todd's brain through telepathy. So, Todd may not have WILLINGLY given the information to the other Wraith.

das

I didn't expect the Wraith to appear in Midway. I was way into Teal'c on Atlantis. Since the Wraith were there Todd was the only one who could given that info.

I just don't believe he would have given the info willingly. I think Todd could have bartered the info to get him favor among the Wraith that captured him. If Todd chose to give the info I think he would have lead the invasion himself. I mean he spent time in Midway and SGC. They could not have use his knowledge of the facility. If the Wraith wanted to invade earth.

I suspect Todd will find a way to appeal to Shepard offer him something as beneficial.

nx01a
February 16th, 2008, 08:37 PM
This just shows that Todd really wasn't the best Wraith to begin with. First the Genii catch him and he loses entire hive ships of followers, then he has to team with humans and loses more hive ships in battle with the Asurans, then he and his ZPMs get swiped and he loses another hive ship, then his knowledge of the gate bridge gets swiped [no doubt by torture, involving him losing another hive ship]. Todd is a punk. Not worthy to stand amongst the likes of Bob or Steve.

dasNdanger
February 16th, 2008, 08:48 PM
This just shows that Todd really wasn't the best Wraith to begin with. First the Genii catch him and he loses entire hive ships of followers, then he has to team with humans and loses more hive ships in battle with the Asurans, then he and his ZPMs get swiped and he loses another hive ship, then his knowledge of the gate bridge gets swiped [no doubt by torture, involving him losing another hive ship]. Todd is a punk. Not worthy to stand amongst the likes of Bob or Steve.

Soooooo...basically you're saying that Todd is the Wraith version of Sheppard??

Me thinks he'd be a perfect fit into Atlantis.

:)

JM said in his blog today (Feb 16th) that we will learn more next episode...so...hopefully Todd will get a chance to explain his side of what happened.

das

nx01a
February 16th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Oooh. I think you just opened yourself up to a Ronon+Teal'c world of hurt with that comment. I'll take cover while the Shep lovers... what is it they do... whump you.

magneticresonance
February 17th, 2008, 03:43 AM
My feeling about Todd is that he's mostly self-interested, but that his personal morality would make him draw the line at so fundamentally betraying people with whom he had an alliance. I can certainly see him being willing to use his human sort-of-buddies - I love the idea that he set the whole thing up to get the other Wraith killed, knowing their half-assed efforts would be no match for the humans. It also seems likely, though, if only from that word 'procured', that he was pressured to reveal the information - quite possibly he was re-captured after 'Spoils of War' and tortured or brain-sucked (I said *brain*! :D) by a Queen. But perhaps he gave them the information to avoid being tortured, knowing they'd screw up and get themselves killed.

Todd might well be playing both sides strategically, while (IMO) not especially wanting the Lanteans to get killed because he feels a certain loyalty/affection for them, but when it comes to it, he'll almost certainly save his own life before that of others - any others, Wraith or human.

So my guess is that next time we see Todd, it could be 'Ah, Sheppard, I knew you'd defeat them, as per my plan! Nicely done, etc.' in which case Shep will be all, 'you might have told me!' but eventually willing to trust him again. Or, they'll come across poor old Todd tied up and tortured in a hive, rescue him, and feel really bad that they assumed he'd betrayed them and called him mean names :D I think the former's more likely, but I'd prefer the latter. Todd whumping! :D

ckwongau
February 17th, 2008, 04:12 AM
What were any of you expect of Todd?
Do we expect Todd to act with a code of honor ?
Todd never pretend to be anything else other than an enemy ,the alliance against the Replicator was a temporary .
He was kept in chain and if i were in his position , i would probably did what he did.

dasNdanger
February 17th, 2008, 05:05 AM
First -the Kindred preview at MGM has a quick clip of Todd - I think this shows he has a true level of respect for the Lanteans (Warning - Spoilers for The Kindred):

http://stargate.mgm.com/

What were any of you expect of Todd?
Do we expect Todd to act with a code of honor ?
Todd never pretend to be anything else other than an enemy ,the alliance against the Replicator was a temporary .
He was kept in chain and if i were in his position , i would probably did what he did.

No - actually I think we can expect more from Todd. He does have a code of honor - sure, it's his own Wraith-based code (which means that he must, at some time and in some way, feed), but it is still an honorable one.

For instance, when he fed the last time on Sheppard in Common Ground, draining away more and more years, there was NO reason for him not to 'take them all!' Todd could have fed, killed the Genii, found the Stargate, and escaped, leaving Shep's dead shell behind. Instead, he fed, taking all he needed to be able to fight off the Genii without killing Sheppard (he certainly tasted Sheppard's strength - he knew where the limit was), then restored Sheppard's life. Why? Because he has a sense of honor.

That honor doesn't mean that he won't be looking out for himself - Todd's a gambling man, out there on his own for the most part, so it's logical he's going to hedge his bets so that he has some sort of backup plan in case something falls through. I don't condemn him for this - he's struggling to survive in a world where humans, Replicators, and other Wraith are all trying to kill him. He's got to find some way to protect himself.

My feeling about Todd is that he's mostly self-interested, but that his personal morality would make him draw the line at so fundamentally betraying people with whom he had an alliance. I can certainly see him being willing to use his human sort-of-buddies - I love the idea that he set the whole thing up to get the other Wraith killed, knowing their half-assed efforts would be no match for the humans. It also seems likely, though, if only from that word 'procured', that he was pressured to reveal the information - quite possibly he was re-captured after 'Spoils of War' and tortured or brain-sucked (I said *brain*! :D) by a Queen. But perhaps he gave them the information to avoid being tortured, knowing they'd screw up and get themselves killed.

Todd might well be playing both sides strategically, while (IMO) not especially wanting the Lanteans to get killed because he feels a certain loyalty/affection for them, but when it comes to it, he'll almost certainly save his own life before that of others - any others, Wraith or human.

So my guess is that next time we see Todd, it could be 'Ah, Sheppard, I knew you'd defeat them, as per my plan! Nicely done, etc.' in which case Shep will be all, 'you might have told me!' but eventually willing to trust him again. Or, they'll come across poor old Todd tied up and tortured in a hive, rescue him, and feel really bad that they assumed he'd betrayed them and called him mean names :D I think the former's more likely, but I'd prefer the latter. Todd whumping! :D

Totally agree, especially the part in bold. The preview I posted above from the MGM site indicates that (Kindred spoilers): Todd obviously respects the Lanteans abilities, and trusts them to be a compassionate people. Looks like Todd is going to rely on their compassion once again, asking for their help after the poisoning of his fellow Wraith. He knows that the Lanteans might not want to save the Wraith, but they certainly wouldn't approve of the killing of thousands of humans in an attempt to poison the Wraith's food supply. In this way, perhaps Todd actually brings out the compassion of the Lanteans (I believe he has in Shep's case). He manages to get them to see things from his perspective, now it will just be interesting to see how he explains is side of the story after Midway, and if it weakens his alliance with the humans, or what. He's a terrific character, with a lot more depth than most others in the show.

Oooh. I think you just opened yourself up to a Ronon+Teal'c world of hurt with that comment. I'll take cover while the Shep lovers... what is it they do... whump you.

Let 'em whump away - I only speak the truth. :D In Common Ground, Todd told Shep that he's 'more like Wraith than you know', and then (in a round about way) referred to him as a 'brother'. So...I say they are very much alike, especially where it comes to losing hive ships and ZPMs.... ;)

das

kymeric
February 17th, 2008, 07:11 AM
I may form an alliance with my doritios to defeat my cheesits. But at the end of the day when im hungry im still gonna scarf down on my doritos.

garhkal
February 17th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Agreed, he has his own sense of honor. Much like the Klingons from Star trek..

naamiaiset
February 17th, 2008, 01:52 PM
So my guess is that next time we see Todd, it could be 'Ah, Sheppard, I knew you'd defeat them, as per my plan! Nicely done, etc.' in which case Shep will be all, 'you might have told me!' but eventually willing to trust him again.
that method of todd using sheppard and his team to further his own agenda without their knowing might be flawed. it'd have to happen eventually that the more todd does this, he'd come under suspicion and possibly be seen as expendable if necessary. if todd wanted to play to their compassion, he could explain that he was powerless to prevent the midway wraith from obtaining the information from him. maybe he was too weak to or had no choice but to bargain to save his life - something sheppard could relate to. they'd need to reach a mutual ground and the "I had no doubt you'd emerge unharmed" approach isn't very believable. either way, I think sheppard would rather give todd the benefit of the doubt than kill him (even though he's threatened to kill him in every episode todd's been in :S) because he knows a wraith alliance is risky, but useful too.

dasNdanger
February 17th, 2008, 08:52 PM
that method of todd using sheppard and his team to further his own agenda without their knowing might be flawed. it'd have to happen eventually that the more todd does this, he'd come under suspicion and possibly be seen as expendable if necessary. if todd wanted to play to their compassion, he could explain that he was powerless to prevent the midway wraith from obtaining the information from him. maybe he was too weak to or had no choice but to bargain to save his life - something sheppard could relate to. they'd need to reach a mutual ground and the "I had no doubt you'd emerge unharmed" approach isn't very believable. either way, I think sheppard would rather give todd the benefit of the doubt than kill him (even though he's threatened to kill him in every episode todd's been in :S) because he knows a wraith alliance is risky, but useful too.

Love your sig!!! So funny!! :lol:

Based on the little bit from the MGM preview, it could go something like this:

Todd: "They were poisoned. That's why I brought you here, because I need your help."

(Speculation):

Shep: "And why should we help you?"

Rodney: "Yeah, you hacked into my computer and stole my codes! And because of it, one of my greatest creations has been destroyed!"

Ronon: "Can I kill 'im?"

Shep: "I dunno. Maybe we should let him explain first..."

Ronon: "I say we kill 'im."

....and from there, Todd is given a chance to explain his side of the story. I can't even begin to speculate on what his story will be...but I'm sure it will buy him a LITTLE time, for now.

I hope.

das

naamiaiset
February 18th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Love your sig!!! So funny!! :lol:
poor guy, todd had a rough time that day. :lol:
you might like this one too http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/apathyislethal/sga/sgaII/ts.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/apathyislethal/sga/ts.jpg)

Based on the little bit from the MGM preview, it could go something like this:

Todd: "They were poisoned. That's why I brought you here, because I need your help."

(Speculation):

Shep: "And why should we help you?"

Rodney: "Yeah, you hacked into my computer and stole my codes! And because of it, one of my greatest creations has been destroyed!"

Ronon: "Can I kill 'im?"

Shep: "I dunno. Maybe we should let him explain first..."

Ronon: "I say we kill 'im."

....and from there, Todd is given a chance to explain his side of the story. I can't even begin to speculate on what his story will be...but I'm sure it will buy him a LITTLE time, for now.

I hope.

das
we know it buys him time since he's in the season finale and makes an appearance in season five. so, he must be clever at getting himself out of tight situations. I just hope the writers don't make todd the one who is behind everything and just another "evil wraith", because there's been plenty of those.

dasNdanger
February 18th, 2008, 05:06 AM
we know it buys him time since he's in the season finale and makes an appearance in season five. so, he must be clever at getting himself out of tight situations. I just hope the writers don't make todd the one who is behind everything and just another "evil wraith", because there's been plenty of those.

Thanks for the link - will check it out once I get to high speed.

And I agree - IF they make Todd just another 'evil, betraying Wraith', it will make me furious! And it will be such a yawner. Everyone who's not a Lantean is evil - ho hum. All Wraith are evil - ho hum. Wraith and humans can never, ever team up because the Wraith will eventually betray the humans...ho hum. Just the fact that we almost EXPECT them to make Todd the evil lord behind it all proves that they have used the same Wraith scenario one too many times.

The nice surprise would be to keep Todd what he is (a questionable ally), and flesh him out in a POSITIVE way from there. I'd also like to see him in two settings: 1. As commander of a hive so we can see some more details about Wraith culture - do commanders have their own quarters? Do they sleep? Do they work out like Teyla and Ronon and John do in the gym? Do they read? Do they have any sort of entertainment or indulgence besides feeding? Would also love to see him slap down and spar with a fellow Wraith for control of the hive.

And, 2. Would love to see him having a quiet, reflective moment with Sheppard. Instead of Todd just standing in front of a bunch of guys with guns - orating about his plans, or the situation he's in - I'd like to see more of what we had in Common Ground: Todd and Sheppard sharing a personal moment. For instance, take what we're going to have in the Kindred...Todd asking Sheppard for help. I assume we will just have more of the impersonal exchange we've seen in the past few episodes, with Todd choosing his words wisely so he doesn't get shot in the head. But I'd LOVE to see something like this...

Todd (sitting alone, perhaps staring up at the stars)....Sheppard approaches....

Shep: "Mind if I join you?"

Todd: "Certainly not...please do."

Shep (sitting down next to Todd and looking up at the stars, too): "Thinking about the stars again?"

Todd (chuckles): "Something like that...." (his voice trails off and he looks down)

Shep: "You're scared, arencha?"

Todd: .....

Shep: "Well, guess I'd be scared, too, not knowing where my next meal was coming from, and whether or not it's poisoned..."

Todd: "It is more than that. It is not just death I face, but the loss of everything I have ever known. My species...my culture...even if I found a way to survive - I alone - without a hive to share thoughts with...."

Shep: "Must feel kinda lonely..."

Todd: .... (looks back up at the stars) "I thought it would be enough...just to see the stars again. It seems I was wrong...it seems that I need more..."

Shep (with sincerity in his voice): "Well, I guess you're more like humans than you know..."

Todd chuckles, and the two sit in silence, looking up at the stars.

I'd like to see something like that - something very personal between Todd and Sheppard...but I doubt it'll ever happen.

das

naamiaiset
February 18th, 2008, 05:32 AM
I doubt the writers have put that level of thought into the todd-atlantis alliance. it would be something interesting to see though and not have such one dimensional exchanges all the time. I don't think todd's been given a built up personality to be an evil wraith to get killed off... but then again, the same could be said about michael, and he is out to destroy atlantis.

prion
February 18th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Sorry, just had to laugh at the subject line. It sounds sooo much like something from a soap opera ;)