Those were Canadian Fives!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those were Canadian Fives!!!

Did you guys notice when Sheppard took the money from Chuck? Those were Canadian Five Dollar Bills (I'm Canadian, I know because it has the flashy silver hologram labels, and it was a blue bill - $5)
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

There also appeared to be some sort of asian (chinese or japanese) currency too. But I noticed the Canadian bills - prob more of them going about on set than US Dollars .

Wanna see some cool short movies? Visit the Reluctant Genius Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Little_McKay View Post
      There also appeared to be some sort of asian (chinese or japanese) currency too. But I noticed the Canadian bills - prob more of them going about on set than US Dollars .
      I'm not quite sure, but the other bill, it almost looked Canadian (like the old school $20 dollar bill!).

Comment

It's an internatianal expedition. They probably got all kinds of currency.
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

What are people in Atlantis doing with money?

Comment

i dunno if any of you caught this but when he was taking his money back he took a American $5 Bill with his 2 other 5 Can bills, and you saw the look on chuck's face but, then again shep knows CAN is worth MORE YAY!!!!
            DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

Yeah, I noticed the CDN $5 too
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I am sure they have something like a store on atlantis where people can buy things like games books and cds. You have to have something for people to do in there free time or the place will be as boring as midpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by chestnu1 View Post
                  I am sure they have something like a store on atlantis where people can buy things like games books and cds. You have to have something for people to do in there free time or the place will be as boring as midpoint.
                  Maybe theres a Starbucks on Atlantis

Just like in Canada, last year there was only one or two in the Maritimes. Now theres like a Starbucks every 10 minute you drive in any direction!

Comment

Originally posted by SpetzAU
                    That was my first thought too. I thought the military and scientific personnel on Atlantis were selfless individuals, there to advance the wellbeing of the human race, giving up their lives on Earth to achieve this goal. Why the hell would you need Earth money to do that?
                    You're thinking of Star Trek.

Originally posted by SpetzAU
                    You fellas actually noticed they were Canadian?
                    Canadian money is very distinctive to anyone who uses it for a significant period of time. If they had, say, Hong Kong dollars, you can bet that someone who has lived there for awhile would notice it straight away as well.

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post

Just like in Canada, last year there was only one or two in the Maritimes. Now theres like a Starbucks every 10 minute you drive in any direction!
                      Blah, they actually have a Timmies. The Pegasus galaxy is practically Canadian.

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post

Could be worse. You could drive down Robson Streen in Vancouver only to see two Starbucks. Not on different ends of the major road, not one in a mini-mall and another a stand-alone store, nooooooo. No, they're directly across the street from each other!
                        sigpic
                        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by chestnu1 View Post
                          They probably have a mini-Base exchange on Atlantis or the SGC.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                            Could be worse. You could drive down Robson Streen in Vancouver only to see two Starbucks. Not on different ends of the major road, not one in a mini-mall and another a stand-alone store, nooooooo. No, they're directly across the street from each other!
                            IIRC, not only are their 2 Starbucks on that intersection that are kitty corner to each other, but on the third corner of that intersection there is another "independent" coffee shop that is actually owned by the Starbucks megacorp.

Comment

Well the candian dollar is now worth more than the dollar so........

Comment

Working...
                              X