• Show
Clear All

Garry Chalk (Col Chekov-SG1) in accident

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...5-aa59119101fe

Injured Chalk out of action
    Glen Schaefer
    The Province
    Friday, February 15, 2008

Popular Vancouver actor Garry Chalk won't be hitting his marks for a while after a dog-walking accident ended with an ambulance ride and surgery at Vancouver Hospital.

Chalk (among many other roles, the small-town sheriff caught between Freddy and Jason in 2003's box-office hit Freddy vs. Jason, and the sergeant on TV's Cold Squad) was walking his two blue-heelers at Jericho Park Feb. 5 when he slipped on a patch of ice and landed badly on his right leg, tearing his quad muscles. Two passing women called an ambulance for him and rounded up his dogs.

"Unfortunately, he was in so much pain he can't remember the women's names," says Chalk's sister, Sandy Reynolds.

Chalk got out of hospital this past Tuesday and will be off his feet for a month and a half.

"He has to go up 10 stairs at home, and he had to go up the stairs on his butt," says Reynolds, who jokes she doesn't envy the notoriously crusty actor's wife, Lynda Jane.

"It's not going to be a freaking picnic, Garry is a force to contend with if you try to keep him down. The doctor figures six weeks before he's mended, and six months to a year of physio."

If you want to send get well wishes:

Garry Chalk
    The Character Talent Agency
    #200 - 1505 West 2nd Avenue
    Vancouver BC V6H 3Y4
    Canada

--thanks to qksilver99 at SG1_Spoilme for the article and digging up the address

Thanks for posting this here ,Prion.

Card is bought ,written ,and goes in the mail tomorrow as soon as I've had the weight check done for Airmail.

Hope Garry's recovery goes better than the docs forecast !
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 17 February 2008, 04:53 AM. Reason: Stupid typo !
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Ouch!....Poor Garry.....I hope he recovers as quickly as he possibly can.....he is such a nice man.....

Deeds xx
      sigpic
      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Speedy recovery...Garry!!

Comment

I hope he will be better.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I hope Garry mends quickly! Poor guy!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X