Midway Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midway Station

Hi, does anyone think that the Midway Station has a shield? Or defensive weapons? If so, I wonder if it would have rail guns. Does the midway station have a hyperdrive?
    sigpicDr.Bj�rn ��r J�nsson

ATA gene natural carrier.

Originally posted by Dr.Jónsson View Post
    Hi, does anyone think that the Midway Station has a shield? Or defensive weapons? If so, I wonder if it would have rail guns. Does the midway station have a hyperdrive?
    not that i know, it's completly defenceless. not a lot of people stop for directions in the void between galaxies

Comment

It has nothing
      Spoiler:
      it's laying in bits in the void

Comment

Spoiler below:

They can certainly build another Midway. If they can replicate very advanced Asgard beam weapons, another midway should be no problem. If the writers go that way, is another question. Especially considering how vulnerable it is to Wraith attack.

Cloaked Midway II?

Comment

Spoiler:
          cloaking the station wouldn't do any good i don't think. the problem was that the wraith figured out how the gate forwarding macro worked to get onto the bridge to get them to the midway station. from there it was just a simple matter of dialing the milky way gate and macro forwarding to the SGC. one thing they might be able to do is to rebuild the station but to properly design it so that they don't just come out into that big ol gateroom and just run rampant around the station. build the gateroom smaller like at the SGC with a proper defense team and all and not just two guys standing out in the open like that, though it would have to be bigger than theirs, because it would have 2 gates. putting shields or irises on the gates would be helpful too. in the episode, the wraith dialed the SGC and transmitted an IDC. so you should be able to do the same to just get onto the midway station. no IDC and you go splat! and no incursion upon the station.
          That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

There is a faster way to secure the gate bridge. move the first stargate outside of the galaxy by a thousand light years or so, or at the very least stick it in a system well away from any planets.

Comment

In the recap for this ep they inserted the words "no shields or iris is needed". Irony.

Comment

Or use individual IDCs instead of a global "this is Midway dialing in" thing.
                When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                Zatnikitelman

Comment

I cant belive they blew up the Midway Station. What a dump thing to do.
                  sigpicDr.Bj�rn ��r J�nsson

ATA gene natural carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Jónsson View Post
                    I cant belive they blew up the Midway Station. What a dump thing to do.
                    Thanks for the spoiler Jonsson.

Comment

Midway v2 Needs shields, Hyperdrive, Rail Guns and a few beam weapons.

Comment

Why on Earth would a space station need a hyperdrive? :/

Comment

It wouldn't. An escape pod/ship with a hyperdrive would be nice. Like an Earth version of a Teltak.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                            Midway v2 Needs shields, Hyperdrive, Rail Guns and a few beam weapons.
                            No, what it DOES need is better security, and an Iris.
                            These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

The wraith ships cant reach there, and even those that stole the IGHD schematics would still have been beaten by a 304 or an Aurora to the station and intecepted it in its 15 hour cool off time. No Hatak can reach it, Ori yes but they have to know what they are looking for and where. its like me throwing a piece of metal the size of a grain of sand into a swimming pool and asking you to find it. And plus we dont have the capability to support a stationary space base that cant run from attack but would have to win every fight its in.

Iris and shields, by the nature of the macro we cant have them. With the GDO you are alerted that the iris is down on the midway that would be impossible, travel is not instantaneous your data is transmited from gate to gate over 15 minutes, so you will never have certain confirmation the iris would be lowered when you step through. Its not a thing that you can think about if your the iris control guy there is nothing you can do if there is an unschedualed incoming traveler, its either you lower the iris or they die. after adrift i dont know because of the back and forth communication but from what they say in the return part 1 that is how the gate works. And Landry's message was a recording rather than something he expected a response.
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                              X