They made the last two Wraith way too strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They made the last two Wraith way too strong

First, after Teal'C cleans out the Wraith in the SGC (20-30 Wraith easy), he is jumped from behind. The fight ensues and Ronon comes in.

Teal'C (who according to O'Neill is easily twice as strong as anybody in the SGC without the symbiote) get tossed aside like a rag doll. He hits his back against a steel barrier and momentarily semi-conscious, the Wraith starts to feed.

Meanwhile:
    Then Ronon get's tossed aside by the other Wraith he is fighting. Finally Ronon pulls out a lead pipe and kills the Wraith.

Meanwhile, Teal'C is not so lucky and he is just being fed upon, until Ronon kills the Wraith will the pipe.

Previously Teal'C easily kills a Wraith (via neck break) in hand to hand combat. Ronon regularly kills Wraith in hand to hand combat.

What gives? It is not like they were fighting King Wraiths. Only conclusion I can draw: Dramatic effect, sci-fiction license.

Mabye the wraith had just fed
    This isn't Atlantis?
    I don't think so.
    If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Have u seen the Wraith at the end of Sateda kick the crap out of Ronin?

Different Wraiths have different strength its the only thing i can come up with
      BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Ronon has more experence fighting Wraith. He knows their figting tatics. If they were fighting Jaffa, Teal'c would most likely have an advantage
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

(1) The Wraith in Sateda RULED a Hive! He was quite unique (go watch the episode again).

(2) He looked a lot different and far more menancing than any other male Wraith we ever seen! He was obviously the best Wraith fighter there is.

(3) So it was not surprising that he was owning Ronon in hand to hand combat due to FAR SUPERIOR STRENGTH. If Ronon took a lot of Vitamin Wraith juice like Ford...it may be a different story...or if the Ronon had a powerful G'ould symbiote!

But the last two Wraith that were beating up on Teal'C and Ronon were regular Wraith.

Teal'C has way more combat experience that Ronon, so there is no way lack of experience had anything to do with it. Hell, the other Wraith was beating Ronon until he got the pipe.

Previously Teal'C probably killed about 30 Wraith, Ronon about 15 (since he had leave with the human to contact the military). So killing Wraith was no problem to Teal'C (whom prior to this broke the neck of a Wraith in hand to hand combat). Another's day of work.

Conclusion: Dramatic license.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Ronon has more experence fighting Wraith. He knows their figting tatics. If they were fighting Jaffa, Teal'c would most likely have an advantage
            Ronon was getting thrown about just as badly as Tealc.

Comment

"Ronon was getting thrown about just as badly as Tealc."

Exactly.

Overall, this was my favorite episode of SGA, 11/10.

Just saying that they were over doing the last 2 Wraith.

I really hope they have a episode of Teal'C and Ronon vs whatever in Season 5. Teal'C was the perfect cross over from SG1.

Comment

Well I'd be inclined to say there are 2 reasons the wraith could have been stronger:

1) They'd just fed

2) How do we know that wraith aren't like humans in fighting ability? They may get the same training but maybe some excel like we all do in real life. I've had the same amount of training as my kung fu brother, who is taller, bigger built than me and - oh yeah - a guy, yet I can whup his ass. Some people have natural abilty, maybe these wraith were top of the class?

But yeah, since when is anything standard? Dramatic licence always come into play. Enemy ships become easier to destroy depending on how long the destroying part is encoporated into story. Same goes for fights - if there's time put aside for hand to hand combat - there's more of it. If it's a quick part of the story - they're easier to defeat.

Wanna see some cool short movies? Visit the Reluctant Genius Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Dark lord me View Post
                  Mabye the wraith had just fed
                  Yeah those were probably the ones that had just fed on the dead SGC members.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Also Teal'c just got his ass slammed around a lot more compared to Ronon, as well as had a little life fed off of him ergo was not as strong. BUT i do wonder if his tretonin will help out with the life lossed..

Comment

I wonder what would happen if a Wraith tried to fed upon a Goa'uld(not just the symbiot).

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                        I wonder what would happen if a Wraith tried to fed upon a Goa'uld(not just the symbiot).
                        They would get a nice long lengthy snack then

Comment

why is it so hard to comprehend some wraith would do better. yes they won well in hand to hand in some situations, but you cant really expect every single wraith to have the same stegnth. If you went to the gym and picked 2 random guys to fight they obviously would not be perfectly matched in stregnth. Just because they are clones that doesnt dictate there will be no superior fighter amongst them. And the wraith on base look liked they snacked on some guards and as we know a well nurished wraith is far more powerful than any fighter we have ever seen. And logically a wraith warrior should be stronger than the scientists so no plot hole except why tealc recovered from feeding so quickly.
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

How about the fact that odds are the two with the best training/most patience/most experiance would wait for all the young hotshots to soften the "bad" guys up before they swooped in to finish them off.

The wraith are not above sacrificing one another, and you don't get to the top of the food chain, per say, by rushing in and getting yourself killed for your first meal.
                            -Nuff Said

"We should let people do anything they want. We haven't tried that in a while. Maybe it'll work this time."

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                              First, after Teal'C cleans out the Wraith in the SGC (20-30 Wraith easy), he is jumped from behind. The fight ensues and Ronon comes in.

Teal'C (who according to O'Neill is easily twice as strong as anybody in the SGC without the symbiote) get tossed aside like a rag doll. He hits his back against a steel barrier and momentarily semi-conscious, the Wraith starts to feed.

Meanwhile:
                              Then Ronon get's tossed aside by the other Wraith he is fighting. Finally Ronon pulls out a lead pipe and kills the Wraith.

Meanwhile, Teal'C is not so lucky and he is just being fed upon, until Ronon kills the Wraith will the pipe.

Previously Teal'C easily kills a Wraith (via neck break) in hand to hand combat. Ronon regularly kills Wraith in hand to hand combat.

What gives? It is not like they were fighting King Wraiths. Only conclusion I can draw: Dramatic effect, sci-fiction license.
                              I think by that point Teal'c and Ronon were nackered.

Comment

Working...
                              X