Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Nox: technologically or biologically Advanced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Nox: technologically or biologically Advanced?

After watching all ten seasons of sg1 and the current four seasons of SGA I have a question were the nox evolved to the point where they could make things invisible or was it all very advanced technology?

Now the reason I ask is because we have seen very advanced humans in the forms of Ancinets, Priors, Doci, the humans in "Empithaty" and Adria and none of them had the power of invisibility, teleportation or super long life spans as the Nox. However we have seen numerous technology that have made people invisible, such as the Goa'uld, Asgard, and Ancients as well as ways to keep life spans going for a long time, Cloning or Sarcophus, and we have seen teleporation tech such as rings and beams. Also we know for a fact that the Nox were an advanced race from both the City and being a member in the Alliance.

So were they evolved powers or advanced technology?
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
    After watching all ten seasons of sg1 and the current four seasons of SGA I have a question were the nox evolved to the point where they could make things invisible or was it all very advanced technology?

Now the reason I ask is because we have seen very advanced humans in the forms of Ancinets, Priors, Doci, the humans in "Empithaty" and Adria and none of them had the power of invisibility, teleportation or super long life spans as the Nox. However we have seen numerous technology that have made people invisible, such as the Goa'uld, Asgard, and Ancients as well as ways to keep life spans going for a long time, Cloning or Sarcophus, and we have seen teleporation tech such as rings and beams. Also we know for a fact that the Nox were an advanced race from both the City and being a member in the Alliance.

evolved powers

Comment

I'd definitely say technologically advanced, with a possible biological element as well; it seems to me that most of their "powers" could more easily be replicated through the use of cloaking generators, anti-grav generators, healing devices etc.

Although, I daresay that have SOME form of biological advancement for the long lifespans and the neural control over their technology - in much the same way the Alterrans did.

Comment

My guess is technology. The Nox proved at the end of "The Nox" that they have obscenely-good cloaking technology; their entire city can become invisible. The reason I doubt it was natural is because all the Alliance races seem very, very advanced, and both the Asgard and Ancients posessed knowledge of cloaks. It stands to reason that the Nox did, as well, and that they use that advanced technology to feign primitivity in order to live a peaceful existence.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          My guess is technology. The Nox proved at the end of "The Nox" that they have obscenely-good cloaking technology; their entire city can become invisible. The reason I doubt it was natural is because all the Alliance races seem very, very advanced, and both the Asgard and Ancients posessed knowledge of cloaks. It stands to reason that the Nox did, as well, and that they use that advanced technology to feign primitivity in order to live a peaceful existence.
          I think it's bilogical, they could bring people back from the dead with sa simpe ceremony, cloak the native birds, probably other stuff that we didn't see, and without any viible technology. the ancinets were at htins dstage, but their tech was farmore advenced than any of the other races, and another thing to remember, the nox are pacifst hipies, meditating and living prety care free lives in tune with nature. one of the requirements for ascention is meditation, these dudes have had quite aloing timne to meditate seeing as their civilisation is very sensitive to nature. And pre ascended individuals have these kinds of abilities. my money goes on biological.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
            I think it's bilogical, they could bring people back from the dead with sa simpe ceremony, cloak the native birds, probably other stuff that we didn't see, and without any viible technology. the ancinets were at htins dstage, but their tech was farmore advenced than any of the other races, and another thing to remember, the nox are pacifst hipies, meditating and living prety care free lives in tune with nature. one of the requirements for ascention is meditation, these dudes have had quite aloing timne to meditate seeing as their civilisation is very sensitive to nature. And pre ascended individuals have these kinds of abilities. my money goes on biological.
            Pre-ascended abilities do not include cloaking powers or bringing other back to life without touching them.

I think it was just advanced technology that they kept hidden to continue their facade of innocence and ignorance. This way, they could cloak things and heal others without it seeming like they were the very-advanced people they are.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Though why would they go that route??

Comment

Pre-ascended abilities do not include cloaking powers or bringing other back to life without touching them.

I think it was just advanced technology that they kept hidden to continue their facade of innocence and ignorance. This way, they could cloak things and heal others without it seeming like they were the very-advanced people they are.
                I'm thinking the same maybe they were the first ones to think of phased cloaks and it is what Merlin based his design off of

Also all of their powers can be explained by the tech we have seen in the show other then the long life span which very easily could have been natural

Also maybe the Nox were the first to ascend and thats why we have the non0interference policy of theres
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic
                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

The details are in my sig at the SG wiki but the RPG books say that the Nox abilities are natural ones. Their species are capable of manipulating electrical fields and enhance this power by injecting their body with symbiotes that enhance these powers. They are capable of shifting things into a separate dimension (subspace) or cloak or manipulate machinery (complex or primitive) through such fields.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Obivously they were very advanced. They even had a floating city.

I wonder why they did not Ascend a long time ago?

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                      Obivously they were very advanced. They even had a floating city.

I wonder why they did not Ascend a long time ago?
                      Not every race can ascend; the Asgard have a biological constaint. Perhaps the Nox did something similar that prevented them from reaching ascension, or maybe they, for some unknown reason, just couldn't get there.

Comment

Not every race can ascend; the Asgard have a biological constaint. Perhaps the Nox did something similar that prevented them from reaching ascension, or maybe they, for some unknown reason, just couldn't get there.
                        Maybe the Nox were the first to ascend? That is why they have the non interference policy of Ascended beings

Also is the RPG book canon? because I don't really like that to much
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic

Comment

I would have to say biological. There invisibleality may not come form the said object actually being invisible but the inability of the person to see it from their ponit of view.

So they block the person from seeing it. Telepathy.

And maybe just a little tech. They can't be apart of the four great races without some tech.

Comment

Well that's a bit of a broad sweeping statement. Have we seen every single being about to ascend? It's possible that different abilities develop for different people, and different races. Heck look at the range of normal human abilities, not everyone has the same abilities. Just because we haven't seen those powers from people about to ascend doesn't mean they can't or don't exist.
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Maybe the Nox were the first to ascend? That is why they have the non interference policy of Ascended beings
                              That might explain a lot of why the ancients when they DID ascend kept on about the 'others' having their non interference policy.

Comment

Working...
                              X