PDA

View Full Version : Why does Rodney even carry a gun ?

Starxgate
February 15th, 2008, 07:12 AM
He almost never uses it & it just looks silly giving a person like Rodney a gun

Hypochondriac
February 15th, 2008, 07:14 AM

I believe Rodney uses the gun more often then Daniel did in the first few seasons of SG-1.

I bet he insists on having a gun. If I was in his place I would insist on carrying a gun as well. Never know when you have to shoot a few wraith.

Klenotka
February 15th, 2008, 07:25 AM

Um...he doesn´t use it? Reunion, Missing, BAMSR, Spoils of War, Harmony, Midway...

Do you think he will be member of first off-world team without carrying a gun? After everything they have been throught? And he uses it, very often.

And I don´t think it´s even his will, it´s a rule. And since they probably are in war in S4, it´s probably also an order that all members have to be armed by P-90s.

Cree
February 15th, 2008, 07:40 AM
I think its perfectly fine he carries his gun, and he does use it.
In midway though i did like how when bill lee pointed with his gun, rodney lowered bills arm!

Little_McKay
February 15th, 2008, 09:55 AM
McKay has obviously had weapons training and there's no WAY I'd go into the situations he goes into without one!

He's used guns a ton of times but he's not an idiot - in Midway and other eps, he stays at the back. When you're with people who can shoot better than you - YOU STICK BEHIND THEM!! lol!

Integrabyte
February 15th, 2008, 09:56 AM
I believe Rodney uses the gun more often then Daniel did in the first few seasons of SG-1.

I bet he insists on having a gun. If I was in his place I would insist on carrying a gun as well. Never know when you have to shoot a few wraith.

Uhmm..yes Daniel started his journeys in a Galaxy full with life sucking aliens **add sarcasm smiley here***

Hypochondriac
February 15th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Uhmm..yes Daniel started his journeys in a Galaxy full with life sucking aliens **add sarcasm smiley here***

That was my point. Daniel always had a pistol with him. Mckay has to deal with space vampires, so of course he would be armed

Willow'sCat
February 15th, 2008, 06:28 PM
He almost never uses it & it just looks silly giving a person like Rodney a gunWhat show are you watching? McKay uses his weapons all the time. :S

Thankfully tptb now seem to feel the need to make him totally incompetent with fire arms is unnecessary so we in fact have had a lot more of McKay using his weapons.

I will never forgive them for the "clip" incident in season two but since season 3 he has used and been mostly competent with the handling of his weapons.

He has shot Wraith, Genii and a mouse! :P:D

kymeric
February 16th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Im pretty sure its SOP to have every person rated for a weapon in a combat zone to be carrying one. But we all know why Rodney carries a gun, its for THE SEXXAY!