This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicators in S5

TO ME THEY ARE BORING WE LEARN NOTHING NEW!!!!!!!

these are the same story lines we have already covered in SG1!!!!!!!!!!!

get rid of them!!!!!!!!

anyone else agree or have a counter argument

You're not wrong, they're boring. Hopefully they wrap up the replicator storyline by the mid season 2 parter and then introduce us to the new enemy we've heard so little about.
    Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

The only interesting bit about the replicators now is the ascension thing... oh maybe if they reach it a new form of ascendad enemy.. although it could get dull as its been done!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
      Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
      SG1 -

Comment

I don't think they were powerful enough, I want to see something truly gargantuan.

I mean, Rodney easily rewrote their damn base code, and they were made by the Ancients...
        My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
          I don't think they were powerful enough, I want to see something truly gargantuan.

I mean, Rodney easily rewrote their damn base code, and they were made by the Ancients...
          know what you mean. The Replicator storyline has bee ripped to shredds!
          Something new has to happen to them, or win over them so we don't have to deal with them anymore
          I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

I must agree, the replicators in Stargate Atlantis are kind of bland/faceless. It just seems SG-1 already did so much with them, and pretty recently too (season eight). I wouldn't mind just having no enemies for once, but the Wraith. Just introduce something else interesting but it's not bad aliens. MAYBE INTRODUCE A GOOD RACE LIKE THE ASGUARD FOR ATLANTIS! That's what is maybe missing in Atlantis.

Comment

I think now that Weir won't appear in s5 TBTB will probably just finish off that arc and get rid of the replicators
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                I think now that Weir won't appear in s5 TBTB will probably just finish off that arc and get rid of the replicators
                Yes, I think the same, they've said, they would finish this story arc, and I don't think it will take many episodes, two max. fter, we might be free from the replicators for ever. (but one never knows)

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  Probably. I like the Asurans though because they are very different and not as one sided as the MW ones.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

My favourite episode of SGA is 'Progeny', both for the spectacular special effects and for the concept of the Asurans, the desire some have to ascend and their reasons for hating humans and the Ancients.

I believe, after that episode and 'The Return', they were handled incorrectly. The base code musical chairs nonsense, the constant infiltrations of Asuras, the final 'battle'...
                    The Asurans were the only credible threat to humanity. We have the power of the Asgard AND the Ancients at our disposal. The Wraith can't possibly top that, IMO. Instead, they got watered down and eventually punked.

If they DO return, I hope it's the ones who want to ascend. Atlantis is loaded with notes and technology devoted to ascension, makes a good target. I'd also like them to not have this base code/reboot/subspace link nonsense that's been pimped to death already. And I'd love to have tptb tie them to Reece and the SG-1 replicators and show the relation between them.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by furiousfurling View Post

get rid of them!!!!!!!!

I agree we need something entirely new, i have no idea what, but that's what writers and producers are payed for.

Comment

get rid of them!!!!!!!!

maybe they could meet the furlings!!!!

Comment

get rid of them!!!!!!!!

I don't recall the replicators in SG-1 ever expressing a desire to ascend...

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                            My favourite episode of SGA is 'Progeny', both for the spectacular special effects and for the concept of the Asurans, the desire some have to ascend and their reasons for hating humans and the Ancients.

I believe, after that episode and 'The Return', they were handled incorrectly. The base code musical chairs nonsense, the constant infiltrations of Asuras, the final 'battle'...
                            The Asurans were the only credible threat to humanity. We have the power of the Asgard AND the Ancients at our disposal. The Wraith can't possibly top that, IMO. Instead, they got watered down and eventually punked.

If they DO return, I hope it's the ones who want to ascend. Atlantis is loaded with notes and technology devoted to ascension, makes a good target. I'd also like them to not have this base code/reboot/subspace link nonsense that's been pimped to death already. And I'd love to have tptb tie them to Reece and the SG-1 replicators and show the relation between them.
                            I agree they were great in Progeny, and it was not credible when they became so stupid, we actually defeated them nearly without problems (except the mysterious faction).

Comment

Working...
                            X