PDA

View Full Version : Replicators in S5

furiousfurling
February 15th, 2008, 04:12 AM
TO ME THEY ARE BORING WE LEARN NOTHING NEW!!!!!!!

these are the same story lines we have already covered in SG1!!!!!!!!!!!

get rid of them!!!!!!!!

anyone else agree or have a counter argument

Professor Chaos
February 15th, 2008, 04:17 AM
You're not wrong, they're boring. Hopefully they wrap up the replicator storyline by the mid season 2 parter and then introduce us to the new enemy we've heard so little about.

Cree
February 15th, 2008, 05:33 AM
The only interesting bit about the replicators now is the ascension thing... oh maybe if they reach it a new form of ascendad enemy.. although it could get dull as its been done!

metabog
February 15th, 2008, 07:01 AM
I don't think they were powerful enough, I want to see something truly gargantuan.

I mean, Rodney easily rewrote their damn base code, and they were made by the Ancients...

melfan
February 15th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I don't think they were powerful enough, I want to see something truly gargantuan.

I mean, Rodney easily rewrote their damn base code, and they were made by the Ancients...

know what you mean. The Replicator storyline has bee ripped to shredds!
Something new has to happen to them, or win over them so we don't have to deal with them anymore

TheLastSunset
February 15th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I must agree, the replicators in Stargate Atlantis are kind of bland/faceless. It just seems SG-1 already did so much with them, and pretty recently too (season eight). I wouldn't mind just having no enemies for once, but the Wraith. Just introduce something else interesting but it's not bad aliens. MAYBE INTRODUCE A GOOD RACE LIKE THE ASGUARD FOR ATLANTIS! That's what is maybe missing in Atlantis.

Jumper_One
February 15th, 2008, 10:00 AM
I think now that Weir won't appear in s5 TBTB will probably just finish off that arc and get rid of the replicators

TOIVA
February 15th, 2008, 12:43 PM
I think now that Weir won't appear in s5 TBTB will probably just finish off that arc and get rid of the replicators

Yes, I think the same, they've said, they would finish this story arc, and I don't think it will take many episodes, two max.;) fter, we might be free from the replicators for ever.:):) (but one never knows)

Mitchell82
February 15th, 2008, 03:11 PM

Probably. I like the Asurans though because they are very different and not as one sided as the MW ones.

nx01a
February 15th, 2008, 03:55 PM
My favourite episode of SGA is 'Progeny', both for the spectacular special effects and for the concept of the Asurans, the desire some have to ascend and their reasons for hating humans and the Ancients.

I believe, after that episode and 'The Return', they were handled incorrectly. The base code musical chairs nonsense, the constant infiltrations of Asuras, the final 'battle'...
The Asurans were the only credible threat to humanity. We have the power of the Asgard AND the Ancients at our disposal. The Wraith can't possibly top that, IMO. Instead, they got watered down and eventually punked.

If they DO return, I hope it's the ones who want to ascend. Atlantis is loaded with notes and technology devoted to ascension, makes a good target. I'd also like them to not have this base code/reboot/subspace link nonsense that's been pimped to death already. And I'd love to have tptb tie them to Reece and the SG-1 replicators and show the relation between them.

Buck32
February 15th, 2008, 07:37 PM

get rid of them!!!!!!!!

I agree we need something entirely new, i have no idea what, but that's what writers and producers are payed for.

Buck32
February 15th, 2008, 07:41 PM

get rid of them!!!!!!!!

maybe they could meet the furlings!!!!

jenks
February 16th, 2008, 01:46 AM

get rid of them!!!!!!!!

I don't recall the replicators in SG-1 ever expressing a desire to ascend...

TOIVA
February 16th, 2008, 07:54 AM
My favourite episode of SGA is 'Progeny', both for the spectacular special effects and for the concept of the Asurans, the desire some have to ascend and their reasons for hating humans and the Ancients.

I believe, after that episode and 'The Return', they were handled incorrectly. The base code musical chairs nonsense, the constant infiltrations of Asuras, the final 'battle'...
The Asurans were the only credible threat to humanity. We have the power of the Asgard AND the Ancients at our disposal. The Wraith can't possibly top that, IMO. Instead, they got watered down and eventually punked.

If they DO return, I hope it's the ones who want to ascend. Atlantis is loaded with notes and technology devoted to ascension, makes a good target. I'd also like them to not have this base code/reboot/subspace link nonsense that's been pimped to death already. And I'd love to have tptb tie them to Reece and the SG-1 replicators and show the relation between them.

I agree they were great in Progeny, and it was not credible when they became so stupid, we actually defeated them nearly without problems (except the mysterious faction).