Midway Omg[spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midway Omg[spoilers]

WHY WOULD THEY NOT PUT IRIS' ON THE FRAKING GATES!!!!!! no security is totally secure.... great action eppy though.

Originally posted by Milleniumlance View Post
    WHY WOULD THEY NOT PUT IRIS' ON THE FRAKING GATES!!!!!! no security is totally secure.... great action eppy though.
    Well even if they had, the system is designed to work without the use of GDOs, since it has to operate PURELY through the Macro, so as soon as someone dialled in they'd have to open the iris anyway to prevent them going splat.

More interesting, I thought, was the mistake the sound effects department made when they were dialling the MW gate :-P

Comment

haven't seen the ep yet, but wouldn't any body trying to get to midway need the macro installed in their DHD to be able to access the midway station
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Why did midway auto send the GDO code? pretty dumb

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

The only way to access the station is with the Macro, which is why the wraith used that planet based gate. (why SG people used a planet based gate in their chain is beyond my reasoning)

The way the system works is each gate forwards you to the next after storing you in the "buffer". If there was an iris there would be no way to signal who is coming through until the last possible second.

However they seemed to have made it work from Midway to Earth so they could possibly rig it so that when dialing from Atlantis only it sends a signal to open the iris.

Comment

Originally posted by Durgia View Post
            The only way to access the station is with the Macro, which is why the wraith used that planet based gate. (why SG people used a planet based gate in their chain is beyond my reasoning)
            They used that planet because it was deserted, uninhabited, (they used it because mckay was so sure something like this wouldnt happen)

sigpic

Comment

Simple answer? They don't (didn't?) have irises at the Midway station because the episode wouldn't work any other way.

Real asnwer. Nobody was supposed to know about the macro and how it works besides the expidition guys. Can't use what you don't know exists.

They sure won't make that mistake again.
              *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

WHY WERE THERE JUST 2 INEPT GUARDS FOR SUCH AND IMPORTANT INSTALLATION? answer writing...

Comment

Originally posted by Milleniumlance View Post
                  Because if they had the same security they've been using for the past 10 years on Earth then the writers would have had to think a lot harder to come up with a way for the Wraith to believably get around it.

Of course in universe you would have to be a total permanently bedridden case of braindamage to not know that the Wraith would try something on the bridge the minute they found out about it. Their main problem getting to Earth is distance and they're capable of computer tech on the level that they can create near sentient AIs out of nothing but data. Oh I'm sure McKay can cook up some computer security that won't leave us anything to worry about, just like I'm sure this authentic Roman armour won't have any problems at all keeping me safe from that Ak-47.

Comment

Working...
                  X