GateNews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateNews

I was just wondering what was going on with GateNews. Last time I checked, I was subscribed, but I haven't seen any in a couple months.
    Rocky

Believe it or not, we're working on that. We're hoping that I will be able to take it over in the next couple of months and do all sorts of neat, exclusive things with it. Not sure how much Darren will let me say beyond that, though

Comment

Thanks David. I remember the last issue (which came out right before the season eight premiere) said that you guys had finished working the kinks out and that we'd start recieving it weekly, but if you're just making it better, I can wait.
      Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
        Thanks David. I remember the last issue (which came out right before the season eight premiere) said that you guys had finished working the kinks out and that we'd start recieving it weekly, but if you're just making it better, I can wait.
        They'll never cease being kinky at Gateworld.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          They'll never cease being kinky at Gateworld.
          Especially if you keep hanging around.
          Rocky

Comment

Especially if you keep hanging around.
            It's one of my more endearing traits. And one of the reasons why they love me so much.

Comment

It's one of my more endearing traits. And one of the reasons why they love me so much.
              Alas, it is true. If you left, GateWorld just wouldn't be GateWorld.
              Rocky

Comment

Alas, it is true. If you left, GateWorld just wouldn't be GateWorld.
                I left for almost a week, once. The board managed to survive, but there were a few people pining for my return...

Comment

I left for almost a week, once. The board managed to survive, but there were a few people pining for my return...
                  Strange, I don't seem to recall that joyous time.
                  Rocky

Comment

If I did get ahold if it, it would no longer be weekly, maybe every other week or once a month, because I would be gathering exclusive news stories just for the release of the newsletter.

The BIG problem that has us halted right now is the issue of exclusivity. If I go to the trouble to phone LA or Vancouver and get exclusive details for the newsletter, potentially minutes later Websites accross the Web will re-post my stuff, most without crediting us as its originator. This won't work.

Comment

Let me at 'em, David, I'll smite 'em all!

Comment

That is a problem. I wish I had some ideas to solve it, but whenever I think of one, I realize it wouldn't work. Best of luck in resolving the problem though.
                        Rocky

Comment

One possibility is to post news stories in the Newsletter 1 day before they get to GateWorld - so at least folks that have the newsletter delivered to their in-boxes, and last check there were thousands and thousands (), they get it a day before GateWorld's homepage does.

It's an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                            It's an idea.
                            And it's a good one. What a smart fellow you are. (No sarcasm intended)
                            Rocky

Comment

We've embedded codes into a lot of the pages on the site to keep anyone from directly linking stories, but there are ways of getting around such things, and with GateNews going into a thousand different types of inboxes, there's just no way to do it. Thus far GateNews has been about rehashing news stories on the site. We want to turn it into something original.

Comment

Working...
                              X