This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised at all. If they had any intention of truly doing something with the character, he'd be in more than five episodes.
    Or they could just keep him dead. They took a stand in killing off Carson, at least stand by it!
    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
      Or they could just keep him dead. They took a stand in killing off Carson, at least stand by it!
      They can't. they actually had people protesting outside of Bridge Studios (complete with flags and placards) to bring him back.

I never cared for Carson and didn't miss him at all, but apparently I'm in the minority...
      sigpic
      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I have plenty of misgivings about season five, but Keller being a regular is the one most likely to make me miss episodes.

What a waste of air time this character is. She has yet to demonstrate anything which makes her an interesting character for the scifi genre. And being a Doogielia Howser doesn't cut it.

What will she contribute to the storyline besides flirting with the male cast?
        Last edited by erb; 14 February 2008, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
          Brad Wright and Robert Cooper were showrunners back then. They took a stand. JM & PM are just rectifying a mistake (what they think was a mistake, cause I have to admit Sunday is one of my fave episodes of season 3) made back then, unbeknowest to themselves, however, they have created a far worse mistake... They just don't know it yet.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Brad Wright and Robert Cooper were showrunners back then. They took a stand. JM & PM are just rectifying a mistake (what they think was a mistake, cause I have to admit Sunday is one of my fave episodes of season 3) made back then, unbeknowest to themselves, however, they have created a far worse mistake... They just don't know it yet.
            I have to agree that it is mistake to bring back Beckett. He died a heroes death why taint that with a unrealastic return. Their is a fine line with Beckett's return.

(Sunday is one of my favorites too)
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              It's unfortunate. I don't want to play the blame game, but seriously 3 years it worked. Well. Then this mess, only reminds me of a children's party where after playing well together, they start to get tired, and only way they can resolve it is by making a whole lot of mess.
              sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
                I’m still waiting for someone to explain to me why Sheppard is constantly compared to Kirk. My mouth always drops open every time I read it.

Someone who thinks he is “constantly Kirking” please list for me every Kirk-like instance that you see.

There are four kisses in 76 episodes: Sanctuary, Epiphany, The Tower and Travelers.
                Don’t bother listing them.
                For me its not really about the kissing or the flirting itself...its more the overall mentality behind it and the writing that goes along with it. Its how they make the character out to be.

In the Original Star Trek Kirk always dealt with the *women or woman of the planet* and usually ended up either fighting on their behalf, sort of as a chivalrous action, kissing the woman or drooling around her and making a mistake that put the crew in some sort of jeopardy and the action began.

That is not to say that Spock or McCoy didn't have their moments as well with a woman or two or some sort of sexual tension that got the whole crew in trouble its just that Kirk was the main Lead Male and did it the most often....That is what I think of when I call it Kirking.

So my definition is a bit different then most others here on the Forum. Its sort of a *dumbing down of a Male Lead JUST because there is a woman in the scene...does that make more sense???
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

in other words, when the lead male thinks with his hormones

I think my biggest issue is it's just so cliche.

sexy alien chick (like they never have size 12 women on these planets) falls for the 'wmah' who then falls victim to testosterone, does silly things in a 'mine is bigger' contest to 'prove' himself to said lady...and is rarely called for his actions, rather his friends look upon him as 'cool' and 'neat' and 'whatta guy'
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    Yeah, well, Shep is operating at a disadvantage since apparently hormones are all he has to think with- at least judging from the way he's written.

Comment

i see a lot of similarities between shep and cameron.

devil may care recklessness and disregard for one's own safety

falling for a pretty face and low cut gown

but, to sheps' credit, he hasn't quite descended to cam's supreme level of silliness...yet

sigpic

Comment

I think my biggest issue is it's just so cliche.

sexy alien chick (like they never have size 12 women on these planets) falls for the 'wmah' who then falls victim to testosterone, does silly things in a 'mine is bigger' contest to 'prove' himself to said lady...and is rarely called for his actions, rather his friends look upon him as 'cool' and 'neat' and 'whatta guy'
                        Seriously I'd like to see an episode outright like that. Why not get it out of everyones system? Let them all act out all of their fantasies.
                        sig made by me

Comment

the naked time
                          the naked now
                          hathor

it's been done

for once i'd like the alien to NOT be a sexpot. i'd like rod or shep do to something for them because it's the right thing to do, not because they're trying to 'score'

i'd like it to be 'gee, these people need help' instead of 'wow, the princess is hot, guess we should help her'

sigpic

Comment

ROFLMAO!!!! That is it EXACTLY!!! its is not about kissing or sex...it this

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            and I have to get behind the idea that the entire Star gate Franchise needs new writers.....man I am behind THAT 100%....200%....300%
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by erb View Post
                              What will she contribute to the storyline besides flirting with the male cast?
                              Having babies with the male cast, maybe?

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I have to agree that it is mistake to bring back Beckett. He died a heroes death why taint that with a unrealastic return. Their is a fine line with Beckett's return.

(Sunday is one of my favorites too)
                              I've got a fee?ing I'll be writing many How it should have been stories about that one

i see a lot of similarities between shep and cameron.

devil may care recklessness and disregard for one's own safety

falling for a pretty face and low cut gown

but, to sheps' credit, he hasn't quite descended to cam's supreme level of silliness...yet
                              And Cam has not descended to Sheppard's level of criminal behavior... yet

Comment

Tame great to hear from you. I hate Kirking with a passion. I though TPTB and RDA did a great job with the Jack character. Jack did not go around trying to be a ladies man our making crude comments to Women. Jack was with three Women. Kynthia, The first woman he was with and he was drugged. The second woman Laira, Jack though he was stuck on the planet forever and the third women Kerry, Jack though Sam was getting married.

Comment

Working...
                                X