This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    Look at it this way, if they decide to kill Zelenka off in S5, it'll probably be a blessing- at least if he's dead TPTB won't be able to further destroy his character.

Really, though, it'd be a pretty sad and desperate situation if you want your favorite characters killed off just to spare them any humiliation...
    Death won't stop tptb from completely destroying a character. if they choose they will continue to do so.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    Stealing shoes is a normal guy response?
    Only if that "normal" guy was a serial rapist or killer looking for a trophy.

[mod snip}

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
    I honestly thought the whole Zelenka w/ Shoes in closet comment was a joke. Was it really a thought/idea to put in the episode?

Awww how can anyone want to degrade Dr.Z?
    of course it's a joke...just it's a sick joke. tptb still think that "Stargate is a comedy disguised as a sience fiction show." as JM stated in his blog.

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
    I'm a man and I though the comment McKay made to Sam was a disgrace. Sam should have decked him. The Sam/Keller conversatio about sam's personal life gets cut so we can see McKay look like a perv again. That comment would not happen with RDA and Gekko IMO. TPTB of Atlantis cannot help to show their love for McKay and Sheppard and any other characters can be reduced or kicked off the show IMO.
    I can just imagine how much better SGA could have been for the last few years if Gekko remained in charge. Currently SGA reflects season 9 and 10 of SG-1...I didn't care for that version of stargate either. Of course, those two seasons were to be a new show called Stargate Command.
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 14 February 2008, 06:12 PM.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

*falls off chair laughing*

My problem with Larrin is where is the credibility? If she's busy beating & then trying to seduce her captives, where is she earning her people's trust? Exactly what have we seen to imply that? We're suppose to make a lot of leap of faith in SGA these days, and even with it being sci-fi some human elements should not be forced.
      sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
        ...or overall the whole *Star Trek* feeling. Sadly I do believe TPTb think themselves the next Sci-Fi frontiersmen and SGA is that frontier.
        To boldly go where no men has gone before... I don't think I wanna know where that is.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
          *falls off chair laughing*

My problem with Larrin is where is the credibility? If she's busy beating & then trying to seduce her captives, where is she earning her people's trust? Exactly what have we seen to imply that? We're suppose to make a lot of leap of faith in SGA these days, and even with it being sci-fi some human elements should not be forced.
          Larrin? Oh, boy is that character poised for a major let down. Yep, she's kinky I guess...and sheppard's IQ drops by half every time she's around and he always seems to be in a bind.

Larrin is the next incarnation of Vala...excpet CB could hold your attention better.

Larrin is the "space pirate" of SGA. She doesn't really come across as the leader of a society, just the captain of a rogue ship. She's really no "Han Solo" either...a bit flaky and fickle. Changed directions at the drop of a hat. I guess she was supposed to be that way...I think Larrin as a actual "pirate" would have been easier to swallow than a society of traveling pirates that lie, cheat, steal and are heavily into bondage.
          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
            I originally joked about Woolsey being in charge on Gateworld and look what happened. Better not give TPTB more ideas......
            I also made that joke. But when you think of it, Woolsey was TPTB's safest choice. Think about it. If they brought Caldwell, or any other military officer, or any other serious person for that matter, to take command of Atlantis, such a move would reflect badly on Carter and her leadership skillz, and that cannot happen.

By choosing Woolsey, they can blame Carter's removal from command on the IOA and so forth. And, as JM made clear, he considers the leadership position on Atlantis support role. Maybe he thinks that, by putting a low profile character like Woolsey in charge of Atlantis, those annoying fans will stop complaining about the expedition leader being wallpapered, you know, so they can concentrate on their fave characters, idiotic jokes, sexual innuendos, etc.

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
            Larrin is the "space pirate" of SGA. She doesn't really come across as the leader of a society, just the captain of a rogue ship. She's really no "Han Solo" either...a bit flaky and fickle. Changed directions at the drop of a hat. I guess she was supposed to be that way...I think Larrin as a actual "pirate" would have been easier to swallow than a society of traveling pirates that lie, cheat, steal and are heavily into bondage.
            And her people are the new Lucian Alliance.
            Last edited by mcbarr; 14 February 2008, 05:16 PM. Reason: Fixing some mistakes
            sigpic

Comment

Bringing in Woolsey means TPTB can pretend to have dissension in the ranks again and build up a lot of false conflict between Woolsey and Sheppard. As Capt. Jack would say, "Wow, how homoerotic." Alas, it won't be that kinda conflict and the result will probably side mostly with Shep doing whatever the hell he wants, same as always.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                I also made that joke. But when you think of it, Woolsey was TPTB's safest choice. Think about. If they brought Caldwell, or any other military officer, or any other serious person for that matter, to take command of Atlantis, such a move would reflect badly on Carter and her leadership skillz, and that cannot happen.
                Good point. I hadn't looked at it like that before. Isn't it funny how they'll go to any length to protect Carter's image, but they're perfectly willing to destroy Weir. The character has been treated appallingly, but JM and co don't care, because to them, the SGA character are expendable. Unlike the SG1 characters.

And whoever said he said Atlantis is comedy disguised as scifi --- I don't know about you, but that just says to me that he'd rather not be doing scifi. He probably sees it as beneath him. If that's the case, it's an insult to every SG fan out there.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                  my issue with Larrin and all the other female aliens SGA has run ito so far has been that it all has had that *Kirk* feeling..
                  I’m still waiting for someone to explain to me why Sheppard is constantly compared to Kirk. My mouth always drops open every time I read it.

Someone who thinks he is “constantly Kirking” please list for me every Kirk-like instance that you see.

There are four kisses in 76 episodes: Sanctuary, Epiphany, The Tower and Travelers.
                  Don’t bother listing them.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                    Good point. I hadn't looked at it like that before. Isn't it funny how they'll go to any length to protect Carter's image, but they're perfectly willing to destroy Weir. The character has been treated appallingly, but JM and co don't care, because to them, the SGA character are expendable. Unlike the SG1 characters.
                    It could also be argued JM & Co. can't mess with Carter due to the future SG-1 movies cause from the little I've seen of s4, they also treated her like garbage, but yeah, not to the point of destroying the character.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
                      There are four kisses in 76 episodes: Sanctuary, Epiphany, The Tower and Travelers.
                      And the one between him and Weir in the Long Goodbye and the one with him and Teyla in ... ?

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                        And the one between him and Weir in the Long Goodbye and the one with him and Teyla in ... ?
                        Conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                          He wasn't himself. They don't count.
                          sigpic

Comment

Um... Tame has said to stay on topic, meaning positivity about s5 needs to go somewhere else.

For those who are saying how great S5 is, and how they have no issues, a reminder from Skydiver about what will happen for breaking the rules of this thread, which is for Complaints and Misgivings:

Anyone breaking the on topic rules in the Complaints or Complilment thread will be given an infraction. You all know the rules, thus there will not be warnings issued. This post is your warning.

On the rare occasions that we see brand new posters misstepping in the narrow focus treads, they will receive ONE warning. This warning does not apply to our current and active members. You folks that have been here for months and years and have hundreds of posts, you know better.

Infraction One: You are 'gagged' for three days. Which means that you will be placed on read only status. You may make posts, but those posts will be held in the mod queue until your three days are over.

Infraction Two: You are gagged for six days and any posts you make while you are gagged will be deleted.

Infraction Three: You are gagged for two weeks and you will be counseled by a member of the mod team. You will discuss with them what the issues are and see what the problem is. This is also the point where the other mods will get involved. We'll discuss this particular poster's issues amongst ourselves and see what we can do to help.

Infraction Four: You are gagged for a month.

Infraction Five: You are permantly gagged. If you are found to be creating a sock puppet to circumvent the gagging, it will be banned.

Comment

I wonder if AT or DH protested about the line. I would have. It's suppose to be Atlantis and not Animal House. Regarding Gekko it was a dark day when they left. I feel like sending out a search part for Gekko.

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
                                I’m still waiting for someone to explain to me why Sheppard is constantly compared to Kirk. My mouth always drops open every time I read it.

Someone who thinks he is “constantly Kirking” please list for me every Kirk-like instance that you see.

The Tower, man that was a bad ep. I could never get how Shep forgot about Rodney being trapped down in that ship, whilst he got his groove on with Princess Bride. I mean he ordered rodney to shoot the drones knowing it could colapse on my poor wee Rodders. Shame on you shep, why wernt you trying to get to your team mate.

For me Kirking doesnt mean sex. I see kirking more as a state of mind I think shep get into, (ala the ep with volcano cant think of the name) He didnt actualy kiss her but the kirkyness was there in the way he acted around her. same with travellers I think he looses his credibility when confronted with women by pulling that act. I want to see him act respectfull not try and pull the "look at me arnt i pretty" card.

I dont think we will ever agree on Larrin or Kirking because we see them in different ways.

nice chatting with you though
                                sigpic
                                banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Working...
                                X