This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    Look at it this way, if they decide to kill Zelenka off in S5, it'll probably be a blessing- at least if he's dead TPTB won't be able to further destroy his character.

Really, though, it'd be a pretty sad and desperate situation if you want your favorite characters killed off just to spare them any humiliation...
    It's sad, but I completely agree with you.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78
      I think it's simple humor with Zelenka. He is a guy, it is a normal response.
      Um, I guess the guys I know are not normal then. Thank goodness!

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        Stealing shoes is a normal guy response?
        I think Brian should only speak for himself.

Wonderful. Zelenka has a foot/shoe fetish. *tries to scrub her brain of the image of him sniffing the shoes he's taken*

Way to ruin a great character.

Comment

Originally posted by erb View Post

Wonderful. Zelenka has a foot/shoe fetish. *tries to scrub her brain of the image of him sniffing the shoes he's take*

That's a fear I have for next season. I think they've damaged various characters this season, by forcing them to behave out of character to fit various plots, and I'm afraid this will simply continue into season five.

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
            I hope if we are subjected to more of her I get to see, what you see in her
            Originally posted by Briangate78
            I hope her role in next season is limited to like one episode.
            Travelers and BAMSR were the setup for what could turn out to be one of the more interesting story arcs in all of SGA. I hope TPTB develop the Travelers into a significant aspect of the show. It is possible, since their sets would be primarily ship related and not cities; the main problem with developing advanced peoples.

The Travelers certainly are the most interesting people we have met so far and have the potential to add a lot of context and texture to Pegasus. The only other interesting group of people in Pegasus are the Genii. It would be nice to see more of them too.

Larrin is a product of the Travelers culture. I hope we all get to see and understand a lot more about her. When she speaks to her own people, she turns off the act that she puts on for Sheppard. There is a lot to learn about this woman who lives in space; captains a ship; knows how to fix hyperdrives; is willing to go into battle to stop the Replicators from wiping out human worlds; fights, schemes, connives, tortures, flirts and betrays for the good of her people; and, maybe, sacrifices whatever personal feelings she has for Sheppard for her duty to them.

All that said, I still don’t think Larrin’s actions are meant to be taken seriously where Sheppard is concerned. Their relationship seems to be developing into a light hearted and adversarial standoff, a kind of semi-romantic competition. Sheppard is being written more seriously in his role as commander in S4 as he should have been sooner. But SGA has a lighter side and JF has great comedic talents, Sheppard’s relationship with Larrin is a way to keep some of the comedy and still have him function as a believable commander. It works for me. I hope TPTB take the time to continue its development.

I’ve watched Travelers many times now and I like it better every time.
            I like Larrin better every time, too.

I hope TPTB don’t blow the possibilities.
            sigpic

Comment

Just a reminder for anyone *New*
              Please read the first post before posting....those of you that have posted in a *Dedicated* thread before already know the rules....

Thanks
              TameFarrar
              GateWorld Moderator
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

LOL! I do think TPTB project far too much onto their characters. Putting a little bit of yourself into your creations is one thing, but when it comes at the expense of the characters themselves it may be time to take a step back and rethink the situation. I suppose an argument could be made that this is the message TPTB want to send, complete with objectifying women, turning men into horndogs and insulting intelligence, but if that's the case it's a message I have no interest in hearing.
                It's been often argued in the past that TPTB focus on Shep and McKay the most because they can relate to those characters - Shep is the hot, smart guy who has all the girls flirt with him (TPTB fantasy) and McKay is the geeky guy filled with flaws and poor social skills (TPTB reality).

But because of this the characters that TPTB cannot relate to suffer. It's pretty obvious that none of the writers has a background in diplomacy - otherwise Weir might have been used better. And Teyla really suffers because TPTB don't seem to have a clue with what to do with her. RL's pregnancy all but forced them to give Teyla some development, and even that is lacking.

This PTB has been running in circles and falling back on "safe" SG1 themes for a while now. It's past time to bring in new writers to get them out of their rut. Hell, I think it's too late now.

Look at it this way, if they decide to kill Zelenka off in S5, it'll probably be a blessing- at least if he's dead TPTB won't be able to further destroy his character.
                But IT'S SF! No one stays dead in SF! Look at Carson - he got handed probably the stupidest death ever and TPTB even brought him back from that! Maybe after his 5 eps are up he'll be killed by a falling piano or something.

ETA: And I think the comment with Zelenka and the shoes was supposed to be a joke. But at the rate this show is going it might be a major plotline for s5. NEW OTP: ZELENKA/SHOES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by erb View Post

Wonderful. Zelenka has a foot/shoe fetish. *tries to scrub her brain of the image of him sniffing the shoes he's taken*

When did this happen? Whatever next? Oh yeah Woolsey will be commender, that's what comes next once characters start smelling shoes!

The deranged TPTB humour starts....
                  sigpic

Comment

I honestly thought the whole Zelenka w/ Shoes in closet comment was a joke. Was it really a thought/idea to put in the episode?

Awww how can anyone want to degrade Dr.Z?
                    sig made by me

Comment

SGA is turning into Scubs.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                        It's been often argued in the past that TPTB focus on Shep and McKay the most because they can relate to those characters - Shep is the hot, smart guy who has all the girls flirt with him (TPTB fantasy) and McKay is the geeky guy filled with flaws and poor social skills (TPTB reality).

But because of this the characters that TPTB cannot relate to suffer. It's pretty obvious that none of the writers has a background in diplomacy - otherwise Weir might have been used better. And Teyla really suffers because TPTB don't seem to have a clue with what to do with her. RL's pregnancy all but forced them to give Teyla some development, and even that is lacking.

This PTB has been running in circles and falling back on "safe" SG1 themes for a while now. It's past time to bring in new writers to get them out of their rut. Hell, I think it's too late now.

But IT'S SF! No one stays dead in SF! Look at Carson - he got handed probably the stupidest death ever and TPTB even brought him back from that! Maybe after his 5 eps are up he'll be killed by a falling piano or something.

ETA: And I think the comment with Zelenka and the shoes was supposed to be a joke. But at the rate this show is going it might be a major plotline for s5. NEW OTP: ZELENKA/SHOES!!!
                        I hope the Zelenka thing was a joke. Although not very funny at that.

I agree with everything you've said here Toaster!

FFFFFFFIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                          And I think the comment with Zelenka and the shoes was supposed to be a joke. But at the rate this show is going it might be a major plotline for s5. NEW OTP: ZELENKA/SHOES!!!
                          I originally joked about Woolsey being in charge on Gateworld and look what happened. Better not give TPTB more ideas......
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm a man and I though the comment McKay made to Sam was a disgrace. Sam should have decked him. The Sam/Keller conversatio about sam's personal life gets cut so we can see McKay look like a perv again. That comment would not happen with RDA and Gekko IMO. TPTB of Atlantis cannot help to show their love for McKay and Sheppard and any other characters can be reduced or kicked off the show IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
                              Travelers and BAMSR were the setup for what could turn out to be one of the more interesting story arcs in all of SGA. I hope TPTB develop the Travelers into a significant aspect of the show. It is possible, since their sets would be primarily ship related and not cities; the main problem with developing advanced peoples.

The Travelers certainly are the most interesting people we have met so far and have the potential to add a lot of context and texture to Pegasus. The only other interesting group of people in Pegasus are the Genii. It would be nice to see more of them too.

Larrin is a product of the Travelers culture. I hope we all get to see and understand a lot more about her. When she speaks to her own people, she turns off the act that she puts on for Sheppard. There is a lot to learn about this woman who lives in space; captains a ship; knows how to fix hyperdrives; is willing to go into battle to stop the Replicators from wiping out human worlds; fights, schemes, connives, tortures, flirts and betrays for the good of her people; and, maybe, sacrifices whatever personal feelings she has for Sheppard for her duty to them.

All that said, I still don’t think Larrin’s actions are meant to be taken seriously where Sheppard is concerned. Their relationship seems to be developing into a light hearted and adversarial standoff, a kind of semi-romantic competition. Sheppard is being written more seriously in his role as commander in S4 as he should have been sooner. But SGA has a lighter side and JF has great comedic talents, Sheppard’s relationship with Larrin is a way to keep some of the comedy and still have him function as a believable commander. It works for me. I hope TPTB take the time to continue its development.

I’ve watched Travelers many times now and I like it better every time.
                              I like Larrin better every time, too.

I hope TPTB don’t blow the possibilities.
                              If they keep the interaction between them just talk, id be happier. I just have this horrible feeling that there gonna set up a romance that will be detramental to other plots etc. I want to learn about the travellers just not in a flirty way. Maybe we will get to meet the big honcho/ette in charge that would be interesting.
                              sigpic
                              banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

my issue with Larrin and all the other female aliens SGA has run ito so far has been that it all has had that *Kirk* feeling...or overall the whole *Star Trek* feeling. Sadly I do believe TPTb think themselves the next Sci-Fi frontiersmen and SGA is that frontier. I wonder if they realize space is a vaccum and no one really hears you scream...cause its all so bad....
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X