Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    At least someone's happy...
    sorry FH, I know you like her. But I can't stand her
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      sorry FH, I know you like her. But I can't stand her
      I know, that's why I commented the way I did. I wasn't being sarcastic.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        And that will be the last episode I watch of SGA.
        I'm glad you are here. I'd love to see the last of Teyla also for obvious reasons, but respect your opinion.

As a Teyla fan, are you liking her baby arc? I think this whole thing diminishes her even more as a viable character in her own right and said from the beginning that they should have ignored RL's pregnancy. There were many clever ways they could have worked around it. The whole soap opera tone of this year has soured the show even more for me, and I fear even more in S5.

Do you want Teyla to be in stories that are centered around her baby, its daddy and her relationship with John, or any other man?

I fear they don't know how to write her any other way.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I'm glad you are here. I'd love to see the last of Teyla also for obvious reasons, but respect your opinion.
          And I respect yours, and everyone else who has no liking to Teyla.

As a Teyla fan, are you liking her baby arc? I think this whole thing diminishes her even more as a viable character in her own right and said from the beginning that they should have ignored RL's pregnancy. There were many clever ways they could have worked around it. The whole soap opera tone of this year has soured the show even more for me, and I fear even more in S5.
          I hate the baby-arc. I wished they had just ignored it and had worked their way around it. I'm sure there are a gazillion ways they could have done this. They could have made her search for her people. They could have done their infamous off-screen writing for all I care.
          And this big arc [insert serious sarcasm] they had planned for Teyla, that's a whole load of BS. They hadn't planned anything, other than Teyla's token episode since they had been ignoring her. At least they were brave enough to admit that. It's quite obvious they have no clue what to do with this character. And I don't think we'll see any improvement in season 5, just more of the same. TPTB are butchering their characters, and unfortunately for Teyla, Ronon and anyone else whose name isn't Sheppard or McKay. It's disgusting the way TPTB treat their characters.

I watched NCIS last night and what I saw just made me wonder why TPTB of Atlantis can't do that kind of character development. Oh yeah, right... that requires the use of a brain. My peabrain is 10 times the size of that of TPTB's combined.

Sorry, I'm ranting...

Do you want Teyla to be in stories that are centered around her baby, its daddy and her relationship with John, or any other man?
          I want Teyla in stories that center around her, around the character. I am a Kate/Teyla shipper so I'd rather not see too much "relationship" with John, none at all to be exact. They are friends, teammates. IF they have to have the kid on Atlantis, which is now a given, I want him to be a normal little Athosian lad. There's nothing wrong with keeping him in the background or mention him once in a while, or showing him. It would maybe create a nice team-moment, showing something is still left of that family we had in season 1 to 3.
          I want to see the leader of the Athosians again. I want to see that strong woman that Teyla used to be. I want to see her solve a problem for once, or rescue the team from (non-existing) peril. I don't her to have her token episode and then disappear to the background again. I want her there, front and center, with McKay, Sheppard and Ronon.

I fear they don't know how to write her any other way.
          They never knew that, and as I said earlier, that won't change in season 5. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it should be even worse.

I wouldn't be too heartbroken if Teyla should be written out. It would make it far easier to leave this junk behind.

Comment

I hear you FH. I think I could like her if she was written like you described. And if they dressed her less...provocatively.

I disagree on one point. I don't think the character of Sheppard has been developed any better than Teyla. McKay is the star of the show. No matter whose name is first in the credits. John is always around, but the eps seldom seem to be about him. Even Outcast wasn't really all about him. His father dying was just a convenient way to get him to Earth. CG comes closest, I guess, and that one was fabulous. And look what happened to the guy who wrote that one.

It all boils down to writers who can't relate, seemingly to any character but McKay. They even had a chance to write Carter and didn't seem to know how. No matter what any of us think about characters, plots, etc. it's just a matter of badwritingbadwritingbadwriting.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

JM says #9 will be about Teyla. I have a theory. She is captured by Michael again. The team goes after her but has to leave her behind when she orders begs them to go and save themselves so they can take care of her motherless child. They barely escape with their lives and the baby in a snugli on John's chest strapped to Ronon's back in Rodney's backpack. Then in the final scene we see John and Woolsey on the balcony where John says, "If she's out there. I will find her." Fade to black.

I'm serious.
              Anything, oh but ANYTHING to kill off sheyla. I'd rather have John killed off in more ridiculous way than an exploding tumor than have sheyla. I like Teyla but not with John. Period. So I rather stopped watching then have this so called "pairing" shoved down my throat and watch the show without my favorite character, and I wonder was a part of the reason that she was written out TPTB's pet pairing.
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I hear you FH. I think I could like her if she was written like you described. And if they dressed her less...provocatively.

I disagree on one point. I don't think the character of Sheppard has been developed any better than Teyla. McKay is the star of the show. No matter whose name is first in the credits. John is always around, but the eps seldom seem to be about him. Even Outcast wasn't really all about him. His father dying was just a convenient way to get him to Earth. CG comes closest, I guess, and that one was fabulous. And look what happened to the guy who wrote that one.

It all boils down to writers who can't relate, seemingly to any character but McKay. They even had a chance to write Carter and didn't seem to know how. No matter what any of us think about characters, plots, etc. it's just a matter of badwritingbadwritingbadwriting.
                You're using my word! Yes it's badwritingbadwritingbadwriting!

I simply can't understand why they don't develop John. he is the lead, after all, and the character has lots of fans and many people would simply love John - centered episodes where he's doing something else but running/shooting/snogging pretty alien chicks. I find him quite fascinating to write.

At the end I'm not sorry at all that i stopped watching when I did. I still have oldies - goldies, the episodes that make sense, and there's always fan fiction, which can be pretty amazing... which reminds me... John needs a backstory.

Comment

Was anyone else depressed by this line on JM's blog last night?

And with that, we have our first half mapped out. Much like last year, it’s a nice mix of individual and team episodes.
                  *sigh* I think JM and I have different definitions of team episodes. Because I don't remember much team in this season at all. Let's recap S4:

Spoiler:
                  Adrift - not a team episode
                  Lifeline - Maybe a team episode, but very little Teyla
                  Reunion - team episode
                  Doppelganger - Possibly a team episode.
                  Travelers - Not a team episode
                  Tabula Rasa - Again, this is one that I would not call a team episode, but I can see how some people would.
                  Missing - not a team episode.
                  The Seer - not a team episode.
                  Miller's Crossing - not a team episode.
                  TMC - Not our team-doesn't count.
                  BAMSR - not a team episode.
                  SoW - team episode
                  Quarantine - not a team episode.
                  Harmony - not a team episode.
                  Outcast - not a team episode.
                  Trio - not a team episode.
                  Midway - not a team episode.
                  Kindred - haven't seen yet.

So out of 17 episodes, there's about two to maybe five that I would call team episodes. How is that in any way considered "a good mix"? This is not good news for S5....I was hoping things would get better.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, I agree with your disagreement (does that make sense?). McKay is the golden boy, but Sheppard comes close... He severaly lacks in the background story department, I concur.

Who wrote Common Ground?

I think I prefer my own fannon stuff over that of TPTB... And good fanfic can make me forget, even though I rarely read anything really lately.
                    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 23 February 2008, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I feel sorry for Shanks . He will join like BB and CB when the hezmana hit the fan

Comment

CG was written by Ken Cuperus, the same guy who said using date rape drugs is okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          CG was written by Ken Cuperus, the same guy who said using date rape drugs is okay.
                          He is human after all

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            Was anyone else depressed by this line on JM's blog last night?

*sigh* I think JM and I have different definitions of team episodes. Because I don't remember much team in this season at all. Let's recap S4:

Spoiler:
                            Adrift - not a team episode
                            Lifeline - Maybe a team episode, but very little Teyla
                            Reunion - team episode
                            Doppelganger - Possibly a team episode.
                            Travelers - Not a team episode
                            Tabula Rasa - Again, this is one that I would not call a team episode, but I can see how some people would.
                            Missing - not a team episode.
                            The Seer - not a team episode.
                            Miller's Crossing - not a team episode.
                            TMC - Not our team-doesn't count.
                            BAMSR - not a team episode.
                            SoW - team episode
                            Quarantine - not a team episode.
                            Harmony - not a team episode.
                            Outcast - not a team episode.
                            Trio - not a team episode.
                            Midway - not a team episode.
                            Kindred - haven't seen yet.

So out of 17 episodes, there's about two to maybe five that I would call team episodes. How is that in any way considered "a good mix"? This is not good news for S5....I was hoping things would get better.
                            Mr. Mallozzi and his statements on his blog of doom and despair. He lives in his own world. Why are you so suprised?
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                              Mr. Mallozzi and his statements on his blog of doom and despair. He lives in his own world. Why are you so suprised?
                              Did I say I was surprised? No. Discouraged yes - it's always discouraging when fears are confirmed. But that doesn't mean I was surprised.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

it's just a matter of badwritingbadwritingbadwriting.
                                I've been saying that since Adrift, I was laughed out of the Episode thread but now it seems I'm vindicated, judging by the amount of writing complaints there has been, not just in here

Comment

Working...
                                X