• Show
Clear All

hehehe, i'm a fish wife
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i think kindred laid the groundwork for 'getting rid' of teyla's baby

Spoiler:
      Micahel says 'i have plans for him'. so my money is on, once the boy is born, teyla sends him away somewhere, possibly even to earth to be adopted and grow up, where he'll be safe from michael.

one way to write out the baby without super sprog of doom
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sets up two things, doesn't it?

Spoiler:
        Either they play Hide the Baby or Michael winds up with the sproglet, which will probably lead to an insta-grow plotline with the Evil Spawn being one of next season's enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
          Surely someone from the network should take them aside and say "Look, there are serious problems out there in fandom and you're not making it any better, if the ratings slip anymore we're going to have to rethink season 5" TPTB need a serious kick up the arse the insults to intelligence and the insults by JM aren't funny anymore
          With JM's rather questionable behaviour I though that Skiffy would take him aside and give him a nice pep talk. But being a network, the Skiffy execs have better things to do than police grown men, if you think about it. Speaking with JM will probably be in the back of their minds for a long while. They have ratings to analyze, meetings to attend, bills to pay, greenlight the crap they call original movies and by the end of the day theres not enough time. I really doubt the network would do anything, though I have heard that fans should start complaining up to the bigger guys and then maybe they'll take the hint.

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
          The problem is that unlike Enterprise's PTB, Mallozzi and co are 'fixing' the show in the wrong direction.
          It was never broken to begin with.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          IMHO, the way to get out of a rut is to bring in some fresh minds....AND THEN LISTEN TO THEM and try something new.
          Like what someone else said before - not only bring in new blood but also be willing to go along with their ideas.

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
          Yup. I'll give season 5 a chance, most likely, but even so, it will never be the show I loved before season 4. Too much has changed for me.
          Same here. I'll be sticking to old episodes and fanfiction and going my route of alternate seasons. I might tune in once in a while and watch the Carson episodes, but other than that ... meh.

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
          My comment is based on the observation, and I'm not the first to point out, that the vast majority of those disgruntled with what SGA has become are women, not really sure why, are most men really so much more easily pleased?
          Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
          If they believe in shaking up the show so much to improve it, why not the same be applied to PTB? Let's shake things up to better it.
          Hmmph. Sacrifice characters to the rating gods? Hell, lets sacrifice some writers too

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
          Also, the show blatantly appeals to men by constantly having female characters in low cut and/or suggestive outfits that fawn over the male characters, while there's nothing of the sort for women fans.
          Someone on JM's blog asked if since the women seem to be zipping their zippers further down with each episode, whether we would be seeing Rodney or Lorne doing the same thing. I'm not sure how he answered but I think he answered without an answer to that question

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          Well, at this point an ideal S5 for me would be no S5 at all because IMO the previous season or two has made any hopes of a "good" S5 pretty much impossible.

<Spoiler'd for length>

Spoiler:
          However, working on the assumption that previous seasons had also been good...

* I'd like to see a continuing maturity in S5- no more of Shep flirting his way across the galaxy and less of McKay being used strictly as comic relief.
          * Less contact with Earth and less reliance on outside sources and/or ZPMs to come to the rescue.
          * Teyla and Ronon would both be more central characters and would take the lead in stories at least as often as Shep and McKay.
          * More friction with leadership. Ideally this would be done by Weir, who would never have left, but whoever the leader is, I would want his/her objections to be just as valid- and intelligent- as Sheppard's suggestions. Speaking of which...
          * More intelligent decision-making. Ideally, the whole thing with Michael would never have happened or wouldn't have gotten as bad as it did because all parties involved would have had more than two collective brain cells to rub together. Stop turning the characters into idiots.
          * Let Weir/Carter/Woolsey/whoever win on occasion. If the Grand Poobah's decisions/objections are going to be valid and intelligent then it makes sense that they'll also sometimes be right.
          * Let mistakes happen. For every right decision there are also wrong ones, so let's see them. Whether it's because a good plan falls apart (as they are wont to do) or because someone- like Sheppard- bulls ahead despite intel suggesting another tack, it'd be nice to see the team fail on occasion.
          * Have McKay grow more of a permanent spine. He's been doing this job long enough that even his natural stubbornness/jumpiness should have been overcome by now. Daniel wasn't always bumbling joke and McKay shouldn't be one, either.
          * Continuity, continuity, continuity. Stop using the Big Red Reset Button and allow elements to carry through from ep to ep. It doesn't have to infringe on a casual viewer's ability to follow along and it can add more for the rabid viewers. A word here, a prop there; it doesn't take a lot to remind fans of something that happened in a previous ep.
          * Don't overburden the show with recurring characters. The ones we have are great. Use them. Yes, Atlantis is a big city and there are a lot of people in it, but if you clutter things up with a lot of extraneous characters it diffuses whatever point you're trying to make and makes it harder for people to follow the action. They'll be too busy wondering who Character B is and what they're doing there and why isn't Character A involved instead?
          * Mix it up a bit. Not just by having Teyla and Ronon take the lead, but by giving your recurring characters more to do- not so much that they wind up being regulars, but enough to give us the occasional change in perspective. Let's follow Lorne's team on a mission or see how Zelenka copes with an emergency when McKay isn't around. Give us an ep based on Caldwell and his crew. Heck, follow Kavanagh around for a while to see what makes him tick.
          * Enough with the damn crossovers. SG-1 is dead. Get over it. Let Atlantis be its own show instead of as a way to keep SG-1 alive. Just because the two shows exist in the same universe doesn't mean we HAVE to have crossovers and I think there have been enough already to avoid the whole "it wouldn't be realistic if they didn't" argument.

There's probably more I could come up with, but I think that'd be a good start. And NONE of them are likely to happen.
          Nice list there, though I must agree NONE of them are likely to happen especially with the current showrunners.

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
          I want to see more REAL aliens. Aliens who don't look like Amish folk, or knights of the round table, or girls who dress like NY hookers.
          Shhh... Be careful what you wish for! We might get female green aliens with six d-size breasts in a very very low cut shirt. (or a bikini!?)

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I'm with you on the aliens. Remember John's reaction to Hermiod in Intruder? One of my favorite moments.
          Same here. They should have made Hermiod opt out on the mass suicide. I miss the lil guy

Yeah, definately not the worst way to get rid of him though IMO. Which, speaking of half hour til Kindred airs in my lonely corner.

Comment

Anyone seen the spoiler/plotdetails on "Broken Ties" which happens to be Ronon's token episode for season 5... as it were.

My first thought:

* Ronon's token episode

My second thought:

* why do I have the feeling this looks strangely familiar? Have I read this maybe in a fanfic? Nope, I haven't.

And then it hits me... Deja-vu in SG1, Enemies in season 5.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Anyone seen the spoiler/plotdetails on "Broken Ties" which happens to be Ronon's token episode for season 5... as it were.

My first thought:

* Ronon's token episode

My second thought:

* why do I have the feeling this looks strangely familiar? Have I read this maybe in a fanfic? Nope, I haven't.

And then it hits me... Deja-vu in SG1, Enemies in season 5.

Shhh! Don't tell anyone. SGA is the best show EVAH!!!

Comment

Spoiler:
                Micahel says 'i have plans for him'. so my money is on, once the boy is born, teyla sends him away somewhere, possibly even to earth to be adopted and grow up, where he'll be safe from michael.

and he'll become young drunk recidivist here on Earth :-)
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

...or she kills Michael, keeps the baby and he becomes a crop expert like her

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                    Spoiler:

...or she kills Michael, keeps the baby and he becomes a crop expert like her
                    JM says #9 will be about Teyla. I have a theory. She is captured by Michael again. The team goes after her but has to leave her behind when she orders begs them to go and save themselves so they can take care of her motherless child. They barely escape with their lives and the baby in a snugli on John's chest strapped to Ronon's back in Rodney's backpack. Then in the final scene we see John and Woolsey on the balcony where John says, "If she's out there. I will find her." Fade to black.

I'm serious.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yeah, just like he found Ford? LOL!

Short of insta-growing the baby into a Hot Young Chick who can take Teyla's place and help in the Search for Mommy, I don't see it happening. Unless Rachel actually bails on the show (and gods bless her if she does).

Comment

JM says #9 will be about Teyla. I have a theory. She is captured by Michael again. The team goes after her but has to leave her behind when she orders begs them to go and save themselves so they can take care of her motherless child. They barely escape with their lives and the baby in a snugli on John's chest strapped to Ronon's back in Rodney's backpack. Then in the final scene we see John and Woolsey on the balcony where John says, "If she's out there. I will find her." Fade to black.

I'm serious.
                        And that will be the last episode I watch of SGA.

Comment

I'm serious.

I hope you're right. If they'll get rid of Teyla, I'll be a happy person
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                            I won't let you be the only one to get red on this comment. I'll add to that something: get rid of everyone who lives in the past and bring fresh things to the show

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                              At least someone's happy...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                At least someone's happy...
                                I think Teyla overstayed in Atlantis. Her recent performance and arc shows this. Todd, a less important character was written better this season . Muwhahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X